Map-Adventure "A Crim Fate"

So... An update. 1.3.4 came unexpectedly, and interrupted me. There most likely won't be a christmas map this year (no time), but I've resumed production on this map again and it should be done soon. (Not valve-time.) Sorry about the delay ;(.
Anyway, here's a tiny spoiler:
153f7550-afce-4582-b0f3-10c734fa10df
153f7550-afce-4582-b0f3-10c734fa10df
DxJ8FOU.png

(damit relogic fix the screenshot backgrounds. having purity background totally ruins the atmosphere)

Ran the thread through a Grammar Checker, this is what it should be.
A Crim Fate
It is spreading... It is devouring our lands... Soon it is at our door...

"A Crim Fate" is an upcoming adventure map (that will hopefully be finished, depends on motivation), about a world plagued by the menacing Crimson. Every day the evil grows stronger and approaches your home, the peaceful village of Mallowton. A call for help sends you on a long journey, through lands that once were healthy and lush, but now are a wasteland of blood and flesh. Loot, side quests, and exciting battles await!

Here are a few teaser pictures from early development...

Fire Beacon and Inn
Desert Mining Facility
First side quest: The Mallowton Armory

(Psst! If you keep an eye on Terraria's Reddit page, you might see a few teasers on there as well)

Credits:

@Architect Who came up with the name
Anyone who contributes using motivation, feedback, ideas, etc
Rich on TO, the creator of The Corruption of a World. The map is strongly inspired by his work.

Also:
If you wanna share this thread here's a little banner I made.

Just came here to update y'all.
Been doing some improvements to problematic locations and puzzles in the map, including completely revamping a certain annoying one (you'll never know which one muhahahhahahaha). Just some chest filling, detailing and balancing left and the map should be complete!

Also no teaser for you I'm too lazy. I can say though, the boss arenas are pretty darn cool.

Edit: Double post not merged rip

Last edited:
Zuazzer, if there's anything I can do to assist you, let me know. I don't have a ton of time either, but I'm very comfortable proofreading grammar and otherwise providing game-related feedback if you need it.

Update time!

The map is completely playable now, only a few balances and bugfixes needed as I noticed some things were to easy and some didn't work as intented. Other that that, it's pretty much finished. I now realize that's exactly what I've written the last 2 times I updated, and... Well... Yeah.

Oh yeah.... Gotta get that trailer going... ;)

Zuazzer, if there's anything I can do to assist you, let me know. I don't have a ton of time either, but I'm very comfortable proofreading grammar and otherwise providing game-related feedback if you need it.
Right now there's not much to do, but you can playtest the map once before release. One can never do enough playtesting!

You can also put a bunch of meteorite blocks up in the sky somewhere depending on the world size (I forgot the exact numbers, but they are probably on the wiki) and meteors will never spawn.

Right now we are in the very last beta-test. After this, unless any glaring issues are found, the map will be 100% done. I do want to make the trailer, and possibly some artwork for the thread, before release. Not sure if I'm going to request artwork from someone or make it myself though.

Back
Top Bottom