Map-Adventure "A Crim Fate"

I got a few concepts for future maps I want to work on. Which would interest you the most?

• A sequel to A Crim Fate

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • A huge open world, RPG esque map

Votes: 37 35.6%
  • A team-based PvP map with different classes (Basically Team Fortress 2)

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • A brand new unique stealth-based assassin kind of map

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Something else! (Tell in comments)

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • NOTHING. This map sucks and you can not improve. I don't want to see you in the map section again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If i recall correctly it's because you have to start another side-quest first to enter that area.
edit: More specifically, the quest where you have to find an underground pond for the Angler (there is no Angler there though because the crimson was too close forna valid housing).

Last edited:
If i recall correctly it's because you have to start another side-quest first to enter that area.
edit: More specifically, the quest where you have to find an underground pond for the Angler (there is no Angler there though because the crimson was too close forna valid housing).

Just did some further investigation. If you find the angler's pond before flipping his lever the passage to the 'bat-cave' will not open.
(Activating the player-above logic sensor; flipping the angler's lever once yielding the 'quest complete'-message; flipping the anglers lever twice, so back into original position; tested whether it opens before and after all three steps, all negative)
So finding the pond before flipping the lever probably causes a problem in the wiring.

Just did some further investigation. If you find the angler's pond before flipping his lever the passage to the 'bat-cave' will not open.
(Activating the player-above logic sensor; flipping the angler's lever once yielding the 'quest complete'-message; flipping the anglers lever twice, so back into original position; tested whether it opens before and after all three steps, all negative)
So finding the pond before flipping the lever probably causes a problem in the wiring.
You aren't supposed to be able to find the pond before flipping the lever... I'm gonna look into this further

That's what happened to me. I had to use the pickaxe for the iron ore quest to get through. I forgot to mention that.

Just realised, I automaticly mined the boulders in front of the angler's special lake out of habit. If I saw it correctly in Fury's video they collapse when the blue pressureplate in the batcave is activated. Remembering rules is hard:confused:. maybe adding a sentence about not mining blocks and objects in the rules might help with the memorizing:)

I thought it was a good map. I got 4 Chalices, 16 Topaz, and 1 Worm. (Is there any reason/lore behind this worm?) I feel the last boss was perfectly balanced with the gear I had at the time. I noticed a few things though: In the slime cave, there is a long blue rope near a heart lantern, that, if you hang from the bottom of, king slime can't teleport to you and has a very hard time jumping to you. Also, upon exiting the slime cave, a wooden block is slanted, making exit impossible without a pickaxe/grappling hook. Furthermore, I think there should be a reminder not to take any mobility-enhancing items from king slime. ( Slimy saddle and slime hook, although the hook allows you to exit the slime cave without a pickaxe. Another thing is that I picked up many items from containers that I never actually needed, especially in dressers in houses. Also, I did not loot the chalice/topaz in the frames at the start, even though there was not a listed rule against it. Also there is a useless pressure plate in the survival shelter near the boulders that I felt was linked to the fishing lake quest. Finally, a good opportunity for a sequal/big update could use the right-hand side of the map, as it isn't used at all, and the snow biome there could provide a use for the warmth potion in the beginning of the map. Overall though, I think it was very fun to play this map, and look forward to a future map.

Also, upon exiting the slime cave, a wooden block is slanted, making exit impossible without a pickaxe/grappling hook.

The exit from the slime cave is actually opened by a pressure plate to the left which actuates blocks above you for you to jump through. You're the second person to bring this up though, so maybe Zuazzer should change that or make it more apparent.

Just finished the map. It's pretty great overall, definitely one of the better maps I've played. One suggestion is to not put as many pressure plates inside Spike Mountain. Everywhere I went would spawn more and more Wraiths. I ended up spending an hour in that cave just because I was constantly dying. Another suggestion is to give the player an Anklet of the Wind at the start. It gets pretty frustrating if you die then have to walk quite a while at the basic speed. It seems like a lot of wasted time, so you could add a speed increasing item before the Herme's Boots. You could also add to the rules that you are allowed to combine accessories at a Tinkerer's Workshop. I was kind of skeptical at first when combining, thinking that I might break the map somehow. You could make that more apparent that it is allowed. I'm kind of surprised that I didn't find a single place where I could easily get stuck, so nice good smoothing out the terrain. The pacing was really nice, giving you the basic needs of items or giving you better items if you took the time to explore and go through difficult trials. I'm looking forward to more maps made by you! Hope you put the same amount of time and polish into your future maps as you did with this one!

Also, I got 8 Chalices and 16 Topaz's. ;)
How many can you get in the map?? I'm not sure if I got them all, or missed a bunch.

I thought it was a good map. I got 4 Chalices, 16 Topaz, and 1 Worm. (Is there any reason/lore behind this worm?) I feel the last boss was perfectly balanced with the gear I had at the time. I noticed a few things though: In the slime cave, there is a long blue rope near a heart lantern, that, if you hang from the bottom of, king slime can't teleport to you and has a very hard time jumping to you. Also, upon exiting the slime cave, a wooden block is slanted, making exit impossible without a pickaxe/grappling hook. Furthermore, I think there should be a reminder not to take any mobility-enhancing items from king slime. ( Slimy saddle and slime hook, although the hook allows you to exit the slime cave without a pickaxe. Another thing is that I picked up many items from containers that I never actually needed, especially in dressers in houses. Also, I did not loot the chalice/topaz in the frames at the start, even though there was not a listed rule against it. Also there is a useless pressure plate in the survival shelter near the boulders that I felt was linked to the fishing lake quest. Finally, a good opportunity for a sequal/big update could use the right-hand side of the map, as it isn't used at all, and the snow biome there could provide a use for the warmth potion in the beginning of the map. Overall though, I think it was very fun to play this map, and look forward to a future map.
The worm thing has no lore, it's just an dumb inside joke between me and a few friends.

The rope in the KS arena is intentional, I tried to add a few safe/ish places as to not make it too hard. You'll get swarmed quite quickly if you stay on the ground.

As for the useless items, they're there partly for lore and atmospheric reasons (for example, the ale) and for vanity. No need to get them all. Although I might add a Money Trough in an update later.

Edit: I don't actually know how many chalices there are. I'll come back to this later.

I just wanted to say that I voted for the stealth-based assassin map idea. That sounds very intriguing to me. A massive open-world map that can be used for a "play-through with a twist" is also something that really interests me, but something like that might take a long time to develop.

This was such an amzing map! I longed for a good adventure map, and you delivered.

Note(s):
  • When you accept the side-quest, where you have to mine 5 iron ore pieces, the room above the nice lake doesn't open (Had to break through)
  • (I also managed to accidentaly find an amazing vanity combination)

I managed to get
upload_2017-3-19_17-51-13.jpeg
. Really hope you do more in the future :dryadhappy:

Back
Top Bottom