A decent mage output damage for bossfights.

Álvaro_Jean

Terrarian
So, after spending some time in the internet trying to figure out some good way to come up with a mage build, viable for boss fights, i decided to creat an acount in this forum to see what people usually go for as a mage in the game.
I started playing this game in 2013, two years after its release, and i still playing. I used to play it in the Xbox, but then started playing in the PC, since then, i gathered over 1300 hours of gameplay. That sayd, I'm not a beginner in the game, but i do am a beginner when it comes to magical classes, I played countless characters and countless worlds, as melee, sumoner ( played summoner even before it became a viable class, back when the best weapon was the pigmy or raven staff ), and my favorite, as a ranger.
But when it comes to mage, i can only make good use of it during events, when you have a lot of mana stars avaliable for mana regen. During boss fights, the best i've done so far, was to build an arena with some star in a bottle and star statues ( wich are a pain to find ), to help and mantain the mana usage stable. But for the class build itself, the only thing i ever used to mantain mana level was, mana flower and its successors, and mana sickness really break the damage output, if you're trying to use some lategame weapon, like laser machgine gun, its damage get really bad, cut by 50% when at 10th stage of mana sickness, or in the hardmode, with spirit flame, you may not reach mana sickness to 10, but you're still going to lose damege.
For comparison, two weapons you can get in hardmode that have a close base damege:
the Dao of pow with 100 base damage and the spirit flame with 85
with armor and equipament, you can scale up both of theese weapons damage, but in combat, if you use mana potions, you can easilly lower the spirit flame damage during a bossfight, while with dao of pow you can use imbuiment potions adn get a decent damage the whole fight.
Well, thats just one exemple, but i think i made my point clear. Now i want to know from the peoplo who ussually play as mages, how do you get round this?
I would like to know some equipament combinations, or any strategy, i dont think playing the game with mods that unbalance the game, by removing debuffs or things like that.
thats it, i'll apologise for any typo, english is not my native language.

Back
Top Bottom