• Awful.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No opinion/Wall of Text.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

It's a me!

Pixel Pirate
Hello everyone, It's a me! here.
I feel like the Travelling Merchant needs a new function. He just appears 1 day and sells some random stuff, and then RNG messes up with the shop and we get useless stuff...
So I suggest trading.
Trading is something that is fairly useful. You see, to get all items*, we need to make various worlds. Trading is here to stop that. Here's an example:
  1. You talk to the Travelling Merchant.
  2. Use the option "Trade" (like the Goblin's "Reforge").
  3. Place your item in the slot that appears.
  4. For a small amount of money (let's say x1.5 of the item's value, maybe less), said item is converted into its alternative, which means, Cursed Flames are traded for Ichor, Tissue Samples for Shadow Scales...
I felt this job was something that fits the TM since he, well, travels (I guess), so he has probably been in other worlds.
You can trade anything (furniture, weapons, items...*) that has an alternative (for example, you cannot trade turtle shells). It could also be possible to trade dungeon bricks (and furniture) for their other colours, but you should be able to choose which colour.
As for Shadow Orb/Demon Heart items: you give one of the items to the TM and he gives you a choice of 3 items for you to choose from, all of them from the alternative ("For example if you trade in 1 rotted fork he'll return with 3 random shadow orb items. You can only pick one of them. " - @6359_ ).
And finally Boss drops: you can trade drops that have equal chance of dropping. For example, you can trade the Razorblade Typhoon with the Flairon (both have 20% chance of dropping) but not with the wings or mask. Trophies CANNOT be traded. The price of trading these items is higher, 2.5 times the normal value.

Since working with the rest of the community improves suggestions, let's get started with them.
The first suggestion is Exclusive items. When you trade, for example, the Cursed Flames for the Golden Shower, there is a very small chance for the result of the trade to not be the Golden Shower, but an exclusive weapon of the same tier.
A spell of the same tier as the Golden Shower/Cursed Flames.

*I know some people do not care about having everything, but variety is power.
*Regarding Keymolds: You cannot trade the keymold itself, but the items that you can get from the chests. That is because only 4 biome chests spawn, and having the key for the alternative chest would be a complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Nice! Finally, a balanced way to get alt items! There should be a 30% chance for it not to work though.
You've earned a:
test tube of approval pixel.png

This is a good suggestions, I would love to see this implemented. Only problem I see is that Crimson Hearts drop 4 unique items while Shadow Orbs drops 5 unique items.

still weird, a corruption chest in a crimson biome, just to balance
making the only way to obtain both is by trading and thus finding two corruption keymolds.

in that case: corruption and crimson should spawn together

This is a good suggestions, I would love to see this implemented. Only problem I see is that Crimson Hearts drop 4 unique items while Shadow Orbs drops 5 unique items.
Maybe a new crimson item? ;)
That would solve the problem. But I didn't think about that. If we are trading drops, should the one we get be random? If yes, then there is no need for a new item.
still weird, a corruption chest in a crimson biome, just to balance
making the only way to obtain both is by trading and thus finding two corruption keymolds.

in that case: corruption and crimson should spawn together
That's the only problem. But if the biomes themselves spawned together, then this thread would be pointless.

Back
Top Bottom