Short Story A short origin story of Terraria

Ominick

Terrarian
I wrote this as an answer to a thread asking what i thought chlorophyte was, my imagination activated and now i have this:

In ye olden days; long, long ago. The world as we know it was cleft in twain. Half of it was father sky, half was mother earth. Father sky was a real :red:. (He relocated to the moon later) But mother earth laid her earthen hands upon the soil of the land, and from her fingertips spawned three ancient beings, but the beings were curious, and that ended in their doom.

They each searched one of the corruption, crimson and hallow for adventure, but they were children of earth, and were therefore susceptible to the earthen plague themselves. They became evil. Mother earth saw what had become of them, and drew their very lifeforce from them. Creating clorophyte to store their immense power forever.

Many thousand years later, two lone men, each with a terrible curse, but a good heart, saw what evil had become of the world, for the three children of mother earth had found an acceptable replacement for chlorophyte; the magical metal of the hallow, they had also found a woman with a heart so cursed she was willing to help restore them. And the three mechanical menaces brought devastation upon the land.

The lone men sealed the worst of the evils of the world away, so that the ancient spirits of light and dark could only be released if they were both defeated while in their cursed forms, something they deemed an impossible task. But the cursed woman kept trying to revive the menaces, never quite succeeding, once she went so far as to killing an innocent travelling merchant. It is said that his bones still wander the underground searching for customers.

The two men managed to at last track the woman down, and lift her curse, but her mind was so twisted, that they decided to simply tie her up and throw her in The Ancient Dungeon. Hoping time may heal her. One of the men decided to stand guard at the entrance of the dungeon, sadly the evils within it seeped into his curse, trapping him at the entrance of the dungeon, doomed to guard the mechanic.

The last man wandered the world for a long, long time (he got a hobby in pottery, a big hobby), until one day he no longer was alone. A strange figure stood before him, seemingly having come out of thin air. They looked at each other for a moment. The cursed man then spoke, with a smile on his face:

"They say there is a person who will tell you how to survive in this land... oh wait. That's me."

Back
Top Bottom