Other A switch that can turn off evil biome spread.

Ace12

Terrarian
Multiple of my friends, my family and I have stopped playing terraria because of the immense amount off work blocking off the evil biomes requires and we all agree on this idea. It would work by adding a switch in the creat a world page that could turn off the spread of evil biome like the hollow, crimson, and corruption. This would be a great addition to the game because if you did want the spread of evil biomes you could just leave them on and if you didn't want to spend time blocking off those evil biomes you could just turn it off. As a side note adding it to all platforms would be great.

I don’t know if you already knew this but there is already a toggle for turning off infection spread in Journey Mode! Additionally, I would say you really don’t need to worry too much about infection spread. A lot of players make it seem like a really big deal when it’s not. As 1.4.4 everything is reversible and the only place you might need to protect is your main base. But if the stress of infection is really too much, which I can totally understand, Journey Mode has your back.

Last edited:
I don’t know if you already knew this but their is already a toggle for turning of infection spread in Journey Mode! Additionally I would say you really don’t need to worry to much about infection spread. A lot of players make it seem like a really big deal when it’s not. As 1.4.4 everything is reversible and the only place you might need to protect is your main base. But if the stress of infection is really to much, which I can totally understand, Journey Mode has your back.
I thought of journey mode except you can't get expert mode drops or even increase the difficulty. I don't know if the spread of evil biomes is different or other consoles but on switch it spreads extremely fast especially in hard mode.

I thought of journey mode except you can't get expert mode drops or even increase the difficulty.
There actually is a Difficulty Slider that allows you to set the difficulty anywhere from 0.25x to 3x. You can also get Expert Mode and Master Mode drops by setting the difficulty to or past 2x a 3x for each respective mode. Honestly, the only thing that Journey Mode is missing in terms of difficulty options is a Damage Resistance Slider that allows players of different skill levels to play together.

I don't know if the spread of evil biomes is different or other consoles but on switch it spreads extremely fast especially in hard mode.
The spread shouldn’t be any different between consoles or versions. I play on both PC and Switch and I haven’t noticed any difference. Also, the spread is supposed to be super fast at the start of Hardmode and then slow down after you kill a Mechanical Boss and even more after killing Plantera.

Last edited:
There actually is a Difficulty Slider that allows you to set the difficulty anywhere from 0.25x to 3x. You can also get Expert Mode and Master Mode drops by setting the difficulty to or past 2x a 3x for each respective mode. Honestly, the only thing that Journey Mode is missing in terms of difficulty options is a Damage Resistance Slider that allows players of different skill levels to play together.
Even so there is no point in there not being a switch for it.

You can play journey mode and switch off the spread of evil and NOT use god mode as well as the time and weather cheats. It would be just like playing regular Terraria. That is what @Russ_Guss_Doodles was trying to tell you.
I just tested out the switch in journey mode and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it didn't stop the spread of the evil biomes Is there like a certain point it will spread to or something.

I just tested out the switch in journey mode and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but it didn't stop the spread of the evil biomes Is there like a certain point it will spread to or something.
Spread doesn’t begin until hard mode (not assuming you know). Well on my “journey mode” type world it works fine. Do you maybe just have a “journey mode” character perhaps? FYI…both my character and world are “journey mode”.

Spread doesn’t begin until hard mode (not assuming you know). Well on my “journey mode” type world it works fine. Do you maybe just have a “journey mode” character perhaps? FYI…both my character and world are “journey mode”.
I had a journey mode character and a journey mode world and corruption was still spreading on grass.

I had a journey mode character and a journey mode world and corruption was still spreading on grass.
Ok well the only thing I can think of is do you have the latest update and have you restarted your system and game? Also has your system gotten its latest update? Beyond that you must have a bug on whatever version you are playing.

When you enter the world for the first time, immediately open the Power menu and toggle the Biome Spread switch. Make sure it is in the Disabled state. It will stop the spread on grass and stone, I promise.

Back
Top Bottom