Game Mechanics A way to remove all modifiers from weapons and accessories.

Daniel DC

Terrarian
Please, add a way to remove all modifiers from weapons and accessories.

I need that.

I'm looking for all the items in the game. And the weapons/accessories having modifiers makes the item be like... less original. It's more my problem than anything else.

But I really think there is a way to implement this in a cool way that genuinely helps the gameplay.

(Even if you make that for the End game, just add a way to do it).

Technically you can already do that in Journey Mode by researching and then getting the item, it completely removes any and all modifiers (which is a bit of a pain before you get the Goblin Tinkerer) and honestly if you're going for All Items Journey seems to be a better place to do it since you get confirmation on which items you have \:p

Support the idea for non-Journey worlds though, perhaps it could be a thing with the Goblin Tinkerer or another NPC to remove a modifier, and *maybe* you can either gain or lose money depending if you want the item to lose a good or bad modifier

you can always farm/craft them until you get an unmodified one
I do agree on the most part but for some items I think that can be really hard? Like for example an SDMG, having to re-fight Moon Lord just to get a modifier-less one is kinda crazy lol

Technically you can already do that in Journey Mode by researching and then getting the item, it completely removes any and all modifiers (which is a bit of a pain before you get the Goblin Tinkerer) and honestly if you're going for All Items Journey seems to be a better place to do it since you get confirmation on which items you have \:p

Support the idea for non-Journey worlds though, perhaps it could be a thing with the Goblin Tinkerer or another NPC to remove a modifier, and *maybe* you can either gain or lose money depending if you want the item to lose a good or bad modifier

I do agree on the most part but for some items I think that can be really hard? Like for example an SDMG, having to re-fight Moon Lord just to get a modifier-less one is kinda crazy lol
Not if you have the zenith.

Not if you have the zenith.
Ehh, I mean, it's not just hard boss fights (though that was the main thing I thought of), there's also low drop rates like the coin gun and Accessories that are purely RNG to get like the Dev sets, sure, having the Zenith speeds things up, but like, having the Enchanted Sundial and Moondial helps get fishing quests quickly but the Shimmer was still added to remove duped drops, and THAT's after the change that made it impossible to get duped drops in the first place lmao

Devs wings 💀💀💀💀

The problem is that there are items a little more hard to get than just "battle a boss 10 times". Like, the Dev items
You are completely right, dev wings are very annoying to get with no modifiers, as well as items like slime staff, stellar tune and bone pickaxe.

As for ways to do it, we could have a button on the reforge menu to return to it's original state, for a price still since people can use it to get out of bad reforges.
Or it could be something that happens for non-craftable weapons if you throw them into shimmer, it is not really necessary for the already craftable ones as we can put them into the shimmer and craft them over and over for the base form.

what about a grindstone furniture item that you can use to remove the modifier of the item in your hand, like in minecraft

If theres an easy way to remove modifiers they might need to redo how reforging cost works, since if you want a godly modifier and you currently have a legendary one, you would obviously remove the legendary so that it doesnt cost so much to reforge

Back
Top Bottom