tModLoader Absolute RPG mod

But then I will add items that open new stats, but they will not be so important (for example, permanent effects of potions)

You have my attention. Been using LuiAFK even though it hasn't been updated in a long time mostly for some of the builder things it has and the unlimited buffs options it offers. It also has some other useful things, but because of how old the last update for it is... it's kinda lacking on some fronts.

Sorry for the trouble, but I noticed the mod updated a few hours ago - What all changed?

On a side note, I am loving this mod!
Even for those who don't want raw stats, the miscellaneous stats (Pierce, Spawn rate, Drop rate, etc.) make the game so much more enjoyable.

Great work on this mod and I am amazed at all you accomplished with it so far.

Sorry for the trouble, but I noticed the mod updated a few hours ago - What all changed?

On a side note, I am loving this mod!
Even for those who don't want raw stats, the miscellaneous stats (Pierce, Spawn rate, Drop rate, etc.) make the game so much more enjoyable.

Great work on this mod and I am amazed at all you accomplished with it so far.
I write about what's new in the version in my discord server in the news section
Nice to know that you like this mod

I'm loving this mod so far. It's in my top tier of character upgrade mods with Intrinsics -- I love options that let me have a powerful character, rather than just a character with powerful gear. I thought I'd drop by to share some observations and ideas. I'm just spitballing ideas and presenting them in no particular order here, take them as you will, or not:

Observations
  • Combining the Ranged AIM ability with Projectile Penetration seems to result in a single shot expending its additional Penetration charges on its initial target before moving on -- in for example, if I have Projectile Penetrate 5, one arrow might hit a single target three times before moving on to its next one, effectively making it a smart damage multiplier. I'm not sure if this behavior is intentional, but since AIMed Jester Arrows don't match it, I'm guessing its down to the specifics of how you implemented the penetration. On one hand I like it, on the other hand it makes Ranged weapons disproportionately advantageous to upgrade compared with the other categories. I guess Thrown and Magic could probably keep pace if they had equivalent AIM abilities.
  • The Movement upgrades are awesome, but feel like they scale up really quickly to the point of making it difficult not to slingshot yourself entire screen-widths at a time.
  • Unfortunately, I'm not quite certain what sort of benefit the Wing Time upgrade is supposed to provide, but it doesn't seem to be doing it. At 150, my fly time and max height seem to be the same as they are at 0, with all other things being equal.
  • Melee upgrade options are notably lackluster compared with any other types of upgrades -- understandably, to be fair. It doesn't have as many obvious options.
Ideas
  • If it's feasible, incorporating an AIM option for thrown and magic categories would make them more competitive with the ranged category (perhaps even one for the projectiles deployed by melee weapons)
  • Every weapon type could also benefit from a use speed upgrade, as well as a projectile speed upgrade
  • I would love for Ranged and Thrown weapons to have an Ammo Efficiency upgrade -- each level providing 1% chance of not using ammo with that weapon type, for example.
  • For Melee Weapons, abilities that mitigate the risks of melee combat would be great options to add -- a Weapon Size upgrade that lets you extend your reach, reduced contact damage after a successful melee attack, and scaling knockback resistance would all be good to have.
  • Seconding the suggestion for UI upgrades -- currently the Question Mark doesn't seem to have any purpose since mousing over the upgrade at all displays the tooltip. Having Autoclicked my way up to an 800K bonus on XP Gained over the course of like a day of AFK grinding, being able to just hold the mouse button down would've been significantly easier. Also, it would be a huge quality of life boost to add a Min/Max button set to toggle your upgrades. It takes a long time to scale back down from a 10X Spawn Rate, and a lot of mobs spawn in that time!
  • Maybe make the Question Mark button display a more detailed description of what an option does? Or express what its current value does?
  • Again, if it's feasible, debuff resistance of some sort -- maybe a percent duration decrease, a percent chance at resisting altogether, or a periodic purge of x debuffs every y seconds
  • Scalable Night Vision and Shine effects would be, well, brilliant.
  • That goes double for a scalable damage reflection/thorns effect.
  • Mount Speed and fly time upgrades would be super cool for keeping mounts and minecarts relevant. When I'm running on asphalt at 300 MPH, the 40 MPH unicorn and even the 100ish MPH Mechanical Minecart are both pretty silly.
  • Alchemy bonuses -- percentage increase to the effects of buff potions, reduced potion sickness, extended buff duration
  • Bartering bonuses -- better prices when buying/selling from/to NPCs.
The thing that I really love about this mod is the extent to which it lets you custom tailor your character's abilities to get exactly the level of challenge that you want out of the game. Out of curiosity, I binged enough XP Grinding to get Evasion up to 1, and then I AFKed a 100 Dungeon Guardian swarm to confirm that it actually was a 100% evasion rate. It still doesn't make you indestructible, but it was hilarious to be able to do. Thanks for putting this thing together!

Hmm... there's one stat I'm not sure of what it does. Its description is a bit vague. "Increase Chance" under the experience tab. Does the value represent:
A: The chance to multiply experience... by an unknown amount.
B: The amount that experience is multiplied... with an unknown chance.
C: The chance to multiply experience and the amount that experience is multiplied.

Hmm... there's one stat I'm not sure of what it does. Its description is a bit vague. "Increase Chance" under the experience tab. Does the value represent:
C: The chance to multiply experience and the amount that experience is multiplied.

My loose observations point toward C -- both for the increased chance at Exp and the Increased Drops one in Farming -- raising that one to 200 got me, like, two power gloves, two alchemist stones, and a star pendant from a single mimic.

I don't know the math in play, but I haven't found a point of diminishing returns with the "increased chance" boost -- just the opposite, actually, since the XP cost caps at 120000, you can reach a point where you can AFK with an autoclicker boosting it with passively gained experience, and come back several hours later to an exponentially increased pool of experience to spend. The additive boost caps at 5000, meaning that it's relatively easy to reach the stage where killing a single creature gives you the 5000 points you need to boost it again. Get it to 300000, and the multiplier boost is permanently available on a once per kill basis, since the multiplier increases in 10% increments while increasing in cost by 10% of its initial price each time. You can't AFK boost that one though -- some of the stats, including the Exp Multiplier, will bug out if you raise them too many times in rapid successing, displaying a cost with a decimal and a bunch of zeroes added on, like 390,000.00000000000, which for some reason prevents you from increasing them until you've moved the mouse off the button and back on.

It does suck a lot of challenge out of the game if you abuse the experience boosts heavily and then use them to give yourself, say, nine hundred extra HP or two dozen extra minions with an x3 summoning damage multiplier, but frankly I liked being able to tackle Calamity's Death Mode or Fargo's Eternity Mode with the option to mitigate some of the more annoying bits. It took me a few tries to clear the bloody Mutant in Eternity mode even with a 100% evasion rate, since the damage from debuffs bypasses evasion, and the jerk also nullifies regeneneration.

The stat with some chance increases the amount of experience that you get, any
Every time you get experience, a thing is called that calculates the chance, and if you are lucky, then you get more experience

Just recently got a world and character of ~300 hours corrupted by unknown means, I was able to restore the world which is what I was mostly concerned about, it'd be impossible for me to remember even 3% of the items I had in magic storage. The character is a different story. I was able to remember all the items I had and brought it to the life and mana I had previously, but the only issue now is all the xp I had gained and used using this mod but don't know if there's anyway to add the xp I have. Any chance there's a way I can do that?

I'm loving this mod so far. It's in my top tier of character upgrade mods with Intrinsics -- I love options that let me have a powerful character, rather than just a character with powerful gear. I thought I'd drop by to share some observations and ideas. I'm just spitballing ideas and presenting them in no particular order here, take them as you will, or not:

Observations
  • Combining the Ranged AIM ability with Projectile Penetration seems to result in a single shot expending its additional Penetration charges on its initial target before moving on -- in for example, if I have Projectile Penetrate 5, one arrow might hit a single target three times before moving on to its next one, effectively making it a smart damage multiplier. I'm not sure if this behavior is intentional, but since AIMed Jester Arrows don't match it, I'm guessing its down to the specifics of how you implemented the penetration. On one hand I like it, on the other hand it makes Ranged weapons disproportionately advantageous to upgrade compared with the other categories. I guess Thrown and Magic could probably keep pace if they had equivalent AIM abilities.
  • The Movement upgrades are awesome, but feel like they scale up really quickly to the point of making it difficult not to slingshot yourself entire screen-widths at a time.
  • Unfortunately, I'm not quite certain what sort of benefit the Wing Time upgrade is supposed to provide, but it doesn't seem to be doing it. At 150, my fly time and max height seem to be the same as they are at 0, with all other things being equal.
  • Melee upgrade options are notably lackluster compared with any other types of upgrades -- understandably, to be fair. It doesn't have as many obvious options.
Ideas
  • If it's feasible, incorporating an AIM option for thrown and magic categories would make them more competitive with the ranged category (perhaps even one for the projectiles deployed by melee weapons)
  • Every weapon type could also benefit from a use speed upgrade, as well as a projectile speed upgrade
  • I would love for Ranged and Thrown weapons to have an Ammo Efficiency upgrade -- each level providing 1% chance of not using ammo with that weapon type, for example.
  • For Melee Weapons, abilities that mitigate the risks of melee combat would be great options to add -- a Weapon Size upgrade that lets you extend your reach, reduced contact damage after a successful melee attack, and scaling knockback resistance would all be good to have.
  • Seconding the suggestion for UI upgrades -- currently the Question Mark doesn't seem to have any purpose since mousing over the upgrade at all displays the tooltip. Having Autoclicked my way up to an 800K bonus on XP Gained over the course of like a day of AFK grinding, being able to just hold the mouse button down would've been significantly easier. Also, it would be a huge quality of life boost to add a Min/Max button set to toggle your upgrades. It takes a long time to scale back down from a 10X Spawn Rate, and a lot of mobs spawn in that time!
  • Maybe make the Question Mark button display a more detailed description of what an option does? Or express what its current value does?
  • Again, if it's feasible, debuff resistance of some sort -- maybe a percent duration decrease, a percent chance at resisting altogether, or a periodic purge of x debuffs every y seconds
  • Scalable Night Vision and Shine effects would be, well, brilliant.
  • That goes double for a scalable damage reflection/thorns effect.
  • Mount Speed and fly time upgrades would be super cool for keeping mounts and minecarts relevant. When I'm running on asphalt at 300 MPH, the 40 MPH unicorn and even the 100ish MPH Mechanical Minecart are both pretty silly.
  • Alchemy bonuses -- percentage increase to the effects of buff potions, reduced potion sickness, extended buff duration
  • Bartering bonuses -- better prices when buying/selling from/to NPCs.
The thing that I really love about this mod is the extent to which it lets you custom tailor your character's abilities to get exactly the level of challenge that you want out of the game. Out of curiosity, I binged enough XP Grinding to get Evasion up to 1, and then I AFKed a 100 Dungeon Guardian swarm to confirm that it actually was a 100% evasion rate. It still doesn't make you indestructible, but it was hilarious to be able to do. Thanks for putting this thing together!
All of this! Would love to see any number of these traits added to the mod!
That aside, I have a strange issue with this mod: The inability to turn off the added bonuses after having bought them without repercussions.

Explanation: I was in the middle of a playthrough that I had grinded pretty heavily at the beginning of, and was feeling pretty darn indestructible. Disappointingly so after a while. So I decided to dial down everything to the point before I started upgrading everything (which took a few minutes to do, due to the lack of instant min-to-max functionality or holding click to auto click) to give myself some challenge. Problem: My damage was down to zero. It took five hits to kill a bunny, dealing literally 1 damage with each hit. I encountered similar issues when dialing back the spawn rate multiplier. I am now seemingly stuck between being absolutely swarmed with mobs, or having literally nothing spawn at all alongside either dissolving anything i come it contact with, or being unable to damage it.

Verdict: I would love to be able to dial back my powers mid-playthrough without becoming literally incapable of damaging/spawning things. And for the love of sanity, please make it so we don't have to click every single time we want to go up or down an upgrade. I have neither the patience nor the mouse durability to do that without discomfort.

This is an interesting mod with a solid concept. I feel like it allows you to go more than a bit insane more than a bit too early in the game, so having boss-locked levels of progression be at least toggle-able in the config section would be nice. I know your driving motivation behind this mod was to give players complete freedom over their paths, but having +9 minions, 600 health, base defense of 25 and damage reduction/multipliers by the time I fought the Wall of Flesh made even gear progression itself seem pointless. I didn't even bother to put up an arena to fight all 3 mechanical bosses in one night (twice) without bothering to grab any hardmode-tier armor. I dissolved them in seconds. In expert mode.
Overall point: I lacked the discipline to pace myself, and ruined any sense of challenge or balance the game normally present. An optional progression-limiter would be nice.

My grievances with balance aside, I was wondering if you could add a way of applying upgrades to different damage types from other mods? Rogue damage from Calamity, Stand Damage/speed/stats from the JojoStands mod, Hunter Damage/Overheat from the Metroid mod. If you could add a way to factor in upgrades to things from different mods, it would open the floodgates for cross-mod play everywhere. You could bring gear from a mod that barely reaches Moon Lord-level challenges into a mod as destructive and challenging as Calamity's Revengeance mode with ease! It would bring me no end of joy to kick Supreme Calamitas' sinister behind as Samus using the Metroid mod!

Even though this mod isn't made for balancing, all I can say is that bleeding is broken lel. And once you get a few experience multipliers it just becomes really easy to get another experience multiplier upgrade right after. I'd really like there to be use time, aim, and other stuff for the other classes. Pricing for the experience upgrades are way out of wack, and the decrease cost upgrade price should at least be increased each time you upgrade it. But well, since this will be pretty editable in the future, that might not be a problem. Hope well for this mod in the future.

Last edited:
I would strongly advise against people using this mod in its current state, as even if paired with Revengence Mode and Death Mode in Calamity, this mod VERY quickly breaks the game with any build - to the point where I killed the moon lord in less than 2 seconds the first time I encountered it, with a Vortex Beater and musket ball pouch. I hadn't even put that much into damage or bleed, it was mainly the combination of how bleed works (every hit adds more damage per tick AND reduces the tick delay), with piercing and AIM that broke the game. And thats not all. You can make a summoner (as in using ONLY summoner weapons for damage) that will literally kill the wall of flesh without it being able to even damage you. You can also get the mod to a point where you can infinitely reduce the exp cost of every upgrade until it's 0, then upgrade everything for free. And since one of the "levels" you can upgrade infinitely is mob spawn rate, you can pretty much break everything by the time you get to the desert, especially with a summon that will fly through walls to damage enemies (like the one from the sand worm in calamity, or the Stardust Dragon).

Until this mod is far more balanced, and some proofreading done (a few of the descriptions do NOT make sense despite the author seemingly thinking they do going by their responses), there are way better choices out there (Leveled being one since there's a cap, and the monsters also get leveled not just the player). Its a good attempt, but it needs a lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom