IC Abyssal Grotto (IC)

Nogent Celestin

The x'i motions others to follow them.
"RAD (EN): I will. Would've not mentioned if you made your appearance earlier, however."
``Well then, lead on when you are ready.``
Value's attention is then bought over to...

[Xylv]
Still frozen. The bag is making odd noises, like something is trying to claw its way out.
Noticing the bag, he tilts his head before turning back to Nogent.

``What the hell is that?``

Daice is just looking around the nearby area with his “flashlight”, not really going anywhere on his own.
Well assuming the group was still following the trail, soon they would hear a rustling noise up ahead and see a few rubbery leaves floating past. A silhouette of a creature some distance away, around the size of a large bear, seems to be attacking a tree.

As for group B, they would hear a quiet whirring noise coming from a little further ahead in the tunnel.
It alternates between sounding a little higher pitched, then stopping a little, then sounding a little lower pitched, then stopping a little, then going back to higher pitched.

As for group B, they would hear a quiet whirring noise coming from a little further ahead in the tunnel.
It alternates between sounding a little higher pitched, then stopping a little, then sounding a little lower pitched, then stopping a little, then going back to higher pitched.
Upon hearing the sound, Valve would ready himself for anything as he takes out a spear that seems to be in decent condition, gripping it tightly.

Garry Eldwings

Garry looks at the silhouette. "Maybe if we don't disturb them we will be safe." They whisper to others in lower voice.

Nogent Celestin

The radien decides to get a hold on their burstgun. "RAD: (EN) If noise seems friendly, don't attack first."

Well assuming the group was still following the trail, soon they would hear a rustling noise up ahead and see a few rubbery leaves floating past. A silhouette of a creature some distance away, around the size of a large bear, seems to be attacking a tree.
Daice points his flashlight in the direction of it.. but realizes he has no way to potentially shoot it.. so he slowly lowers the flashlight again.

".. do you guys see what I see?"

MD-AAS slowly raises his rifle more now, clicking off the safety and he squats a bit.. which leaves him still very visible...

He then raises his non-rifle holding hand, gesturing to Valve and Xylv (if they're paying attention) to be wary of something. He does this by raising his hand in a stopping motion and then pointing forwards.

Now that he isn't moving, the sound should be much more audible.

MD-AAS slowly raises his rifle more now, clicking off the safety and he squats a bit.. which leaves him still very visible...

He then raises his non-rifle holding hand, gesturing to Valve and Xylv (if they're paying attention) to be wary of something. He does this by raising his hand in a stopping motion and then pointing forwards.

Now that he isn't moving, the sound should be much more audible.
Well on closer inspection, it appears that not too far from the group there is a rather small overturned robot that looks a bit like a somewhat rudimentary Mars rover.

Its tank treads, stuck in the air, make whirring sounds as they alternate between spinning forwards and backwards.

Garry Eldwings

They promptly try to get the light off, for a reason.
"Think it'll alert them, no? Well, ain't gonna have a death wish for startling anything we don't need."
They still whisper, this time to Deuce.

Nogent Celestin

The radien decides to go closer to the overturned robot, to examine it and to see if it has any weapons.

Daice points his flashlight in the direction of it.. but realizes he has no way to potentially shoot it.. so he slowly lowers the flashlight again.

XR-705 isn't paying much attention, but briefly sees the moving object and moves up to Daice (finally, something to do)
"I can see the target. We should inform the others, and steer clear of it for now,"

Well on closer inspection, it appears that not too far from the group there is a rather small overturned robot that looks a bit like a somewhat rudimentary Mars rover.

Its tank treads, stuck in the air, make whirring sounds as they alternate between spinning forwards and backwards.
And assuming it doesn't weigh more than a few hundred pounds, MD-AAS would slowly walk over, and pick the thing up with one hand, setting it down upright.

The radien decides to go closer to the overturned robot, to examine it and to see if it has any weapons.
There doesn't appear to be any weaponry on the surface at least.
And assuming it doesn't weigh more than a few hundred pounds, MD-AAS would slowly walk over, and pick the thing up with one hand, setting it down upright.
That would be quite easy.
It rotates to look at the group with the camera mounted on top of it.
"Balance has been restored. Gratitude expression."

Nogent Celestin

And the Radien puts away their weapons.
"RAD (EN): Hm... that's a lucky encounter. We could use a companion."
The X'i tries to smile to the companion. At least it would look like an attempt, the alien smiles differently than a human.

Nogent Celestin

And they nod to the machine.

"RAD (EN): Couldn't find any other lifeforms other than two cooperative and one uncooperative in a standstill. Planet is Herix Vildebreu III, of unknown type. Not sure why underground instead of surface, if this is the case."

The X'i may be wrong, but then again, not completely, and if right, it's for wrong reasons.

"I am known as Charon. I am a probe sent to investigate this uncharted land, which is often called the Abyssal Grotto, though upon arrival I have lost communication with my homeworld. I assume this is due to my cheap technology; the bulk of the research funds were spent on batteries that last a century and advanced artificial intelligence."

XR-705 isn't paying much attention, but briefly sees the moving object and moves up to Daice (finally, something to do)
"I can see the target. We should inform the others, and steer clear of it for now,"
Syni nudges XR's leg.
"I'm right here, XR!"
"The others should be nearby too, unless they've fallen behind."
"...though yes Daice, I...see the odd thing."

Syni observes the bear for a moment.
"...actually I think we should investigate it."

Back
Top Bottom