Blocks & Decoration Actuators and Wood Beams

KiwaKira

Terrarian
I recommend being able to use actuators for wood beams. The reason being it acts similar to a background wall, because you can pass through it. BUT you CANNOT put any items on it. For building purposes if someone wants to put in a wood beam through there build they cant if they have any intersecting bricks or furniture that are placed in the way.

I also think for builds you should be able to put items in front of actuated bricks. Or simply make the wooden beam an actual wall.

Last edited:
The first suggestion makes sense, but the second doesn't. What happens when you de-actuate the bricks?

From what I have tested or tried actuated bricks basically become a background brick, you can use them to pass thru and make secret entrances and what not. But placing furniture in front isn’t possible. For the most part majority of blocks have their own walls which is fine, it’s mainly the wooden beam not being able to actuate it so I can put something like a platform or brick in front of.

so you meant there was a wooden beam wall ?

you know that actuated blocks act like a wall, right? (but only with the players). there is no way to position any furniture item or anything, right? this means that if there was a way to actuate the wooden beams, you could not position furniture as they act like blocks in the game, meaning your thread has no meaning.

Last edited:
so you meant there was a wooden beam wall ?

you know that actuated blocks act like a wall, right? (but only with the players). there is no way to position any furniture item or anything, right? this means that if there was a way to actuate the wooden beams, you could not position furniture as they act like blocks in the game, meaning your thread has no meaning.

I also stated that it would in general be nice to be able to put something in front of actuated bricks. Or that just making the wooden beam a wall would completely solve the problem.

I also stated that it would in general be nice to be able to put something in front of actuated bricks. Or that just making the wooden beam a wall would completely solve the problem.
Both Furniture and blocks count as a tile, that's why it can't work, besides, it would be weird if you just had furniture stuck in a wall of tiles after you turned the actuated blocks into solid again.

Back
Top Bottom