Items Aegis Unit (for protection from meteors)

Sora_92

Terrarian
A bit of a random idea maybe, but I think I seen similar ideas before too, it just occured to me to write a thread to point at the problem again.

Meteors can be a huge pain, especially for builders and anyone who cares about the landscape. But even if you don't, meteor heads can be a pain to deal with too, because they override pretty much everything else.

If your world have a certain amount of meteor ore, no more meteors will fall, which saves you from further meteor strikes. It can be achieved by leaving 1-2 craters unmined, but this can be a pain if they're in bad places. or achieved by placing the required amount of meteor ore somewhere in the world. this is a bit unsigtly though... it works, but, how about...

What if you could craft a placeable furniture - Aegis Unit, or whatever other name. I just said this, because I tend to refer to the sadly unsigthly, placed meteor ore heap as that too - So, it could require meteor ore to craft (it might be difficult to have it having different crafting price based on world size though...) and if it's placed, it acts like if the required amount of meteor ore would be present in your world, effectively protecting the world from any futher meteor strikes, as long as it's not removed by the player.

since it would require meteor ore, it would be a sign that you already had at least 1-2 meteors falling, and that probably allowed you to craft all what you wanted from meteor. if not yet, you can wait for more meteors. but if you hate that they ruin the landscape you could craft and place this furniture, (easier than placing 400+ meteor ores) and no more meteors will land.
alternatively it could be also aquired very easily on modded as well via cheat sheet too right at the start, if someone doesn't cares about meteor ore to begin with, but don't want the landscape ruined by meteors.

Chests also have the same property of preventing meteorites from falling in a radius around them, and are also much easier to obtain. A way to avoid that could be if it simply destroyed the meteorites before reaching the ground, cauing a shower of dropped meteorite blocks to happen instead, even if the actual amount os much lower than normal. This would also make useful in that you can get more Meteorite without having to clean up crash sites.

Chests also have the same property of preventing meteorites from falling in a radius around them, and are also much easier to obtain. A way to avoid that could be if it simply destroyed the meteorites before reaching the ground, cauing a shower of dropped meteorite blocks to happen instead, even if the actual amount os much lower than normal. This would also make useful in that you can get more Meteorite without having to clean up crash sites.
I didn't mean it in the same way how chests (and the like) protect some 60 blocks (30 blocks distance in each side) around it, that's great for defending your houses from meteors, but to effectively protect the whole world, you would need tons of chests placed... but what I meant is placing 1 Aegis Unit in a world, and it acts as 401+ (or whatever is required for the world's size) placed meteor blocks, preventing meteors to crash - and hurt your landscape with it.

However the idea to change a meteor crash to having a bunch of meteor ore (item, not block) dropped on the world sounds quite intriguing. in that case though, it might be kinda OP, so then the recipe might should reflect that too...
Or, that might be an upgrade of it?

Back
Top Bottom