NPCs & Enemies Alchemist [NPC]

Would you like to see the Alchemist in 4.0.0?

• Total voters

Spaceboo

Skeletron Prime
Hey guys! This is my first thread soooo... forgive me if I'm a noob! :confused:

My idea is for the Alchemist NPC! I just love sprites, don't you?
Thanks dude!.png

Thanks to 00Banshee00 for converting my image into a png!
Anyway, This is the Alchemist NPC! He is an NPC that is found hanging in the dungeon after you have defeated the Lunatic Cultist!
Chained Alchemist:
Bound Alchemist NPC.png

Are crafting flasks too long and boring for you? Well, you'll like this guy! He sells every flask! each flask can cost up to a maximum of 5 gold, and can be sold for two gold!
He also sells Celestial Sigils (the ones that summon the Moon Lord) for 1 platinum! He also sells a BUNCH of new items! Look below!
New Items:
Magic Sword: Not a weapon just yet! 5 gold! Tooltip: Glows with a magical aura.
Magic sword.png

Throw able flasks: Didn't really feel like texturing all of them! 2 gold each. Tooltip: A Mixture of glass and acid!

Alchemy Mask: 5 gold. Vanity item. Only sold during full moon
Ancient Cultist mask.png

Imbuing Altar: Use a flask and a Magic sword to permanently add the effect to it. Combine Imbued Magic Sword with an item to add the flask effect on permanently to that item. 10 gold.
[Sprite Coming Soon!]
I'll try to add more items in the future, but for now, these are all I made!

Attacks long-range by throwing poison flasks and short-range by hitting enemies on the head with bottles.
Special ability: Imbuing. Works like the Goblin Tinkerer's reforging. Adds a permanent flask effect to an item. Cost ranges
Names: Apollo, Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Zues, Xanthos, Coeus, Crius, Cronus, Hyperion, Lapetus, Oceanus, Tethys, Atlas, Astraeus, and Lelantos!

Quotes: When Rescued:
Have you seen a bone around? Thanks, too, thanks. Yeah.
Thanks, my hands were losing feeling. There is a scientific explanation for that!
I escaped that awful cult! They didn't even know 6127 divided by 1 was! The ruler of the cult threw me down here for trying to measure the radius of that mysterious tablet!

Normal:
Am I crazy? Does Zx8+5=C+Tx2?
Why did the green solution cross the road? I don't know!
Do you happen to have a pet you don't like? Just wondering...
[Name of Witch Doctor] Thinks he's a real scientist! I bet he doesn't even know how to make dye!
[Name of Demolitionist] Tried drinking my flask of fire today. I think [Name of Nurse] is still working on him.
I wonder if [Name of Truffle] Needs his head...
What is the reciprocal of 3?! Quick! My acid is boiling!
Why do I wear this mask? So people can stereotype me!
Are you Shovel Knight?! Oh, I've heard he does terrible things to Alchemists like me!
I think [Name of Dryad] is trying to flirt with me. Doesn't she realize the only thing I love is my love potion?

During Blood Moon:
Do you have earmuffs? Those Zombies are breaking my concentration!
What do you want now?! I'm trying to Make a Zombie Repellent!

Well there you go! I hope you enjoyed! Like and vote at the top!:passionate:

Attachments

• Alchemist NPC.png
    Alchemist NPC.png
    854 bytes · Views: 278
  • Ancient Cultist mask.png
    Ancient Cultist mask.png
    335 bytes · Views: 362
Last edited:
Suggestions for new NPCs must at least offer some unique services or items. If he's just selling things we can obtain elsewhere, then this NPC is just plain boring.

I can understand the boredom of farming for ingredients, but simply cutting the middle man and having him just sell all the finished product is just a tad... lazy.

Last edited:
Some good sprites you got there! However, I think he could have special functions - like the Angler? Some kind of randomized Zodiac power you could get each day if you kill certain enemies which then activates at night would be cool. The wackier and more interesting the idea, the more people will support it so make it really clever or intriguing! Good luck with the thread - it's a lot better than my first idea.

Some good sprites you got there! However, I think he could have special functions - like the Angler? Some kind of randomized Zodiac power you could get each day if you kill certain enemies which then activates at night would be cool. The wackier and more interesting the idea, the more people will support it so make it really clever or intriguing! Good luck with the thread - it's a lot better than my first idea.
Hmmmm... Thanks for the suggestions... I'm so new but people are really helping me out! It's still W.I.P! :naughty:

This is a really cool idea!
[DOUBLEPOST=1447617752,1447617697][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, 00Banshee00, what app or program do you make your sprites with?

This is a really cool idea!
[DOUBLEPOST=1447617752,1447617697][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey, 00Banshee00, what app or program do you make your sprites with?
I don't know about 00Banshee00, but I'm using paint.net. It may seem shady, but it's really awesome!

It's a pretty solid idea, and the sprites are nice. His dialogue is really good, to. I get that grinding for the ingredients to make flasks can be a little tedious, but removing that process and adding a easy way to do that is a little lazy, and devalues the flasks, a bit. Also, Celestial Sigils should cost somewhere between 2-5 platinum, as 1 platinum is too cheap for such an important item.

Nice idea, although I will agree with using NPCs as middle men can be a bit lazy. If he should sell anything it should be more unique and rare items I would say. Nevertheless a cool idea.

This non player character has been suggested time and time again, not just by you or me but a lot of people since 1.1 released. If they feel like they needed to add a "Alchemist" than they would've done it by now.

No support from me.

This non player character has been suggested time and time again, not just by you or me but a lot of people since 1.1 released. If they feel like they needed to add a "Alchemist" than they would've done it by now.

No support from me.

Then why even comment???:confused:

I absolutely loooovvveee this NPC, he looks awesome, he is hilarious, and he is real creative. With that said, I have to agree with other comments, only making flasks isn't enough, he needs more, like if he asked you to get rare materials for his experiments? Ok maybe to much like the angler, anyways I loe what you're doing, keep up the great work(I hope for this in 4.0.0)

I absolutely loooovvveee this NPC, he looks awesome, he is hilarious, and he is real creative. With that said, I have to agree with other comments, only making flasks isn't enough, he needs more, like if he asked you to get rare materials for his experiments? Ok maybe to much like the angler, anyways I loe what you're doing, keep up the great work(I hope for this in 4.0.0)
Thanks Dude!

Hey guys! This is my first thread soooo... forgive me if I'm a noob! :confused:

My idea is for the Alchemist NPC! I just love sprites, don't you?
View attachment 84536
Thanks to 00Banshee00 for converting my image into a png!
Anyway, This is the Alchemist NPC! He is an NPC that is found hanging in the dungeon after you have defeated the Lunatic Cultist!
Chained Alchemist:
View attachment 84549
Are crafting flasks too long and boring for you? Well, you'll like this guy! He sells every flask! each flask can cost up to a maximum of 5 gold, and can be sold for two gold!
He also sells Celestial Sigils (the ones that summon the Moon Lord) for 1 platinum! He also sells a BUNCH of new items! Look below!
New Items:
Magic Sword: Not a weapon just yet! 5 gold! Tooltip: Glows with a magical aura.
View attachment 84546
Throw able flasks: Didn't really feel like texturing all of them! 2 gold each. Tooltip: A Mixture of glass and acid!

Alchemy Mask: 5 gold. Vanity item. Only sold during full moon
View attachment 84548
Imbuing Altar: Use a flask and a Magic sword to permanently add the effect to it. Combine Imbued Magic Sword with an item to add the flask effect on permanently to that item. 10 gold.
[Sprite Coming Soon!]
I'll try to add more items in the future, but for now, these are all I made!

Attacks long-range by throwing poison flasks and short-range by hitting enemies on the head with bottles.
Special ability: Imbuing. Works like the Goblin Tinkerer's reforging. Adds a permanent flask effect to an item. Cost ranges
Names: Apollo, Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Zues, Xanthos, Coeus, Crius, Cronus, Hyperion, Lapetus, Oceanus, Tethys, Atlas, Astraeus, and Lelantos!

Quotes: When Rescued:
Have you seen a bone around? Thanks, too, thanks. Yeah.
Thanks, my hands were losing feeling. There is a scientific explanation for that!
I escaped that awful cult! They didn't even know 6127 divided by 1 was! The ruler of the cult threw me down here for trying to measure the radius of that mysterious tablet!

Normal:
Am I crazy? Does Zx8+5=C+Tx2?
Why did the green solution cross the road? I don't know!
Do you happen to have a pet you don't like? Just wondering...
[Name of Witch Doctor] Thinks he's a real scientist! I bet he doesn't even know how to make dye!
[Name of Demolitionist] Tried drinking my flask of fire today. I think [Name of Nurse] is still working on him.
I wonder if [Name of Truffle] Needs his head...
What is the reciprocal of 3?! Quick! My acid is boiling!
Why do I wear this mask? So people can stereotype me!
Are you Shovel Knight?! Oh, I've heard he does terrible things to Alchemists like me!
I think [Name of Dryad] is trying to flirt with me. Doesn't she realize the only thing I love is my love potion?

During Blood Moon:
Do you have earmuffs? Those Zombies are breaking my concentration!
What do you want now?! I'm trying to Make a Zombie Repellent!

Well there you go! I hope you enjoyed! Like and vote at the top!:passionate:
I like your idea, but i don't know about the sigil... The Moon Lord is supposed to be an hard boss to fight, i know it could be a little annoying fighting the Pillars but i think its a little OP to just buy the Sigil for ONLY one platinum. And it would be awesome if he could sell a gun which shoots potions!

Then why even comment???
It's Constructive Criticism.

If he didn't give some insight on WHY he doesn't support it, then it would be pointless. But from what he said, it's a totally valid reason to post a "No support" reply.

However, i enjoy this suggestion, but i have one question.
index.php

Does he hang from the Ceiling at an Angle? there are some chain links missing...

Back
Top Bottom