Game Mechanics Allow Hardened Sand Blocks to be used in place of regular Sand

Warpshard

Empress of Light
I'd like to think this is a fairly straightforward suggestion. Allow all Hardened Sand Block varieties (Pearlsand, Crimsand, Ebonsand) to be used in crafting recipes also associated with their regular sand counterparts, such as Pearlstone Bricks and Glass. Considering how abundant this stuff is and how much you're likely to gather without a good way to use it, it'd be nice to be able to use this rather useless block for something worthwhile to cut down on searching for proper Sand.

EDIT: And based on the suggestions of a couple of people, allow Sandstone blocks to be used in crafting Sandstone Bricks.

Last edited:
Support. I was disappointed when I learned that the new blocks generating in the desert are totally useless.
I also think sandstone bricks should now be crafted out of sandstone, not sand like before, and their texture should be changed to match sandstone.

Support. I was disappointed when I learned that the new blocks generating in the desert are totally useless.
I also think sandstone bricks should now be crafted out of sandstone, not sand like before, and their texture should be changed to match sandstone.
Suddenly changing textures hurts the soul of my builds! D:

Don't see such a big problem inside the Hardened Sand Block, but I can take this suggestion as something that I'd like to have implemented. You have my support.

Agreed. On a related note, Sandstone Bricks should be able to be made from Sandstone as well as Sand.

That, or make a new Red Sandstone Brick which can be made from Sandstone.

Yes, I support.

And as another option - why not make sand and hardened sand convertable to each other? That will eliminate need of creating numerous recipe duplicates but effectively will do the same thing. Suitable crafting station for this is heavy workbench (now it operates with stone and plating - adding hardebned sand and sandstone is reasonable).

Yes, but you should be able to put it in an extractinator or something to change it to normal sand or it's counterparts.

Support
You can use hardened sand to make glass, but only the pure kind.
You should be able to use hardened pearlsand and others to make the bricks.

Back
Top Bottom