Am I ready for Duke Fishron?

I've tried Duke Fishron a number of times with my mobile character, wearing Beetle Armor, Warding Accessories, and the Paladin Hammer. This time around, I'm a ranged character on PC.

If I built a simple Wooden Platform Arena, Had full Shroomite Armor (bullet), the Vampire Knives, Daedalus, Uzi, Sniper Rifle, Tactical Shotgun, and/or Death Sickle, had 2 Deadly Spheres working with me, a number of potions, and warding accessories once more, would I have a chance? What am I missing if not?

Thanks!

Your gear sounds fine in my opinion. Give it a shot and see for yourself. There are really only three possible outcomes:
  1. If you make it, then obviously you're ready.
  2. If you don't quite make it but get close, then adjust your strategy and improve what you can.
  3. If you get totally wrecked, then you're not ready and should really focus on improving.

Your equipment looks good. When building your arena keep in mind to not extend it past what the game considers the "ocean".

A difference with the current Mobile version compared to PC is that Fishron will become enraged during the fight if you leave the ocean. It becomes too fast to dodge even if you have lightning boots. This was a change implemented in the 1.3 update, and it will take effect for the mobile version as well eventually.

I'd also like to recommend using chlorophyte bullets with your tactical shotgun as your main dps and then switching to vampire knives when you're at low health.

If you're having problems dodging its attacks, be sure to wear Master Ninja Gear. It makes the fight a lot easier. Hoverboards are also very useful here.

I think I might mot have used the Vampire Blades enough, and not understood his movement patterns enough!
You shouldn't need them. It's possible to never get hit at all. If you rely on your vampire knives too much, then I'm afraid you'll need to work harder on your dodging.
Those knives also don't do a lot of damage and they're fairly short range, making the fight last longer and putting you into more danger.

No worries though, it'll take a number of tries before you learn his movements, and when you do, you'll know where he is at all times and you can basically hit him when he's off-screen. Back when The Duke was released I'd been killing him with the Terra Blade's projectiles and Inferno Fork, constantly hitting him whether he's on- or off the screen. I think it took me a few dozen times to get there. (Why didn't I use chloro bullets? I also did that, but part of the fun is finding multiple ways of defeating a boss.)

But to make it very easy for yourself the first few times, use chlorophyte bullets so you can focus completely on dodging. The Martians have also opened new opportunities, since I find that the Laser Machine gun absolutely wrecks the Duke.

When you do manage to kill him, use whatever he drops against him. The flail is probably my favourite. The bubbles it leaves behind home in on enemies, so you can basically leave minefields behind for the Duke to run through.
As soon as you get his wings, this fight will become quite easy. The speed of these wings is magnificent and they're my favourite wings in the game. I prefer them over the end-game ones.

You shouldn't need them. It's possible to never get hit at all. If you rely on your vampire knives too much, then I'm afraid you'll need to work harder on your dodging.
Those knives also don't do a lot of damage and they're fairly short range, making the fight last longer and putting you into more danger.

No worries though, it'll take a number of tries before you learn his movements, and when you do, you'll know where he is at all times and you can basically hit him when he's off-screen. Back when The Duke was released I'd been killing him with the Terra Blade's projectiles and Inferno Fork, constantly hitting him whether he's on- or off the screen. I think it took me a few dozen times to get there. (Why didn't I use chloro bullets? I also did that, but part of the fun is finding multiple ways of defeating a boss.)

But to make it very easy for yourself the first few times, use chlorophyte bullets so you can focus completely on dodging. The Martians have also opened new opportunities, since I find that the Laser Machine gun absolutely wrecks the Duke.

When you do manage to kill him, use whatever he drops against him. The flail is probably my favourite. The bubbles it leaves behind home in on enemies, so you can basically leave minefields behind for the Duke to run through.
As soon as you get his wings, this fight will become quite easy. The speed of these wings is magnificent and they're my favourite wings in the game. I prefer them over the end-game ones.
GAH, I have the laser machinegun!

Noted :)

You need to use seeking weapons that way all you have to do is dodge. Also I would suggest summoning as many minions as possible.
Probably a better idea!

Back
Top Bottom