Console An Early Console Christmas - Fixes & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
index.php

Good Evening everyone!

We hope you are all enjoying a fantastic holiday season so far - and for those Terrarians playing either 1.2 on Mobile (don't worry Amazon and WP fans - yours is coming soon), next gen console Terraria, or our original PS3/360 versions, we hope you have been having a blast with Terraria!

Fresh on the heels of Mobile 1.2 and today's fix for some of the Android issues, we are quite pleased to bring a nice early present to our console fans: a quick update with some fixes, desired features, and a handful of festive goodies sure to keep you warm on even the coldest of days. These should go live within the next few days - with Xbox and PlayStation being first and Vita coming a bit later (but still within a week). If anything happens to delay things, we will let you know.

We look forward to continuing to bring our console users further updates in the months to come.

Without further ado, here is what's heading your way:

PATCHES:
• XB1 zoom in/out functionality added (access from Pause menu using RT / LT)
• PS4 cross-play to PS3 and PS Vita fixed

NEW MECHANICS:
• Christmas presents now stack
• Christmas presents can be placed
• Candy Cane blocks now (auto)stack when obtaining them from a present

NEW ITEMS:
• Christmas Tree + decorations (Santa)
• Tree topper 4 (from presents)
• Wallpaper (painter)
• Vanity items (from presents)
• Pine Tree Block [building block]
• Christmas Pudding [consumable]
• Sugar Cookie [consumable]
• Gingerbread Cookie [consumable]
• Eggnog [consumable]
• Red Ryder [weapon] (also drops musket balls)
• Candy Cane Sword [weapon]
• Candy Cane Pickaxe [tool]
• Candy Cane Hook [item]
• Fruitcake Chakrum [weapon]
• Hand Warmer [accessory]
• Toolbox [accessory]
• Holly [furniture]
• Star Anise [weapon]
• Pine Door [furniture\pine tree block x 6]
• Pine Chair [furniture\pine tree block x 4]
• Pine Table [furniture\pine tree block x 8]
• Dog whistle

Thanks for your support and we want to wish each of you a Happy Holidays!
Yes! Now I can play the new version on my xbox! finally!

I'd like to say that i am fairly Pissed at how 505 is treating console, pc has best spear, best flamer, and being able to reforge 1.2 weapons! This is bull sh*t that we aren't getting the frost moon which is also a pc only thing!
I always thought the hallow was a bit short tempered

505Games DOESNT only do Terraria for console and iOS! They work on other games like Payday 2, Sniper Elite 3, e.t.c

Besides, the Frost Moon might come sooner than we think!

I was so happy when I saw the new update on my vita... I was like yay, time to do the frost moon, now it's more like time to get all the end-game console armor sets that I lost, but hey atleast now I have a sword made of candy to help me kill ocram and get some souls.

I'd like to say that i am fairly Pissed at how 505 is treating console, pc has best spear, best flamer, and being able to reforge 1.2 weapons! This is bull sh*t that we aren't getting the frost moon which is also a pc only thing!
What are you talking about? The best flamer is right here baby ;)

Funny you say that Rudi old boy, you ever play GTA5? Game runs far smoother than this. I never have freezes with that game and the worst is lagging very rarely. Guess what? It has MORE than 18 gigs while Terraria is 48 megabytes!

Whenever I play Terraria on the PS3 I risk freezing, the lag is horrible and not to mention the glitches. Don't believe me about the dyes being broken? Test the game out for yourself and you will see.
When 1.2 was first released for consoles it was practically unplayable, worlds being deleted and everything.

This update is out with Christmas items..
Cool and everything... I played this update for just a little bit and I already find so many bugs.
By the way, avoid saving in a friend's lobby or you will get into an infinite saving state and you will freeze eventually.

Not to mention the armor on mannequins are glitched again. Yay.

Terraria has been out longer than a game like GTA5, and although GTA5 had it's small fair share of glitches, they got their :red: together faster than 1.2 could even hit Terraria for consoles.

Hell, I have played SNES games made in 1993 that ran better than this...

And the fact you said it went through extensive testing... Jesus.... I would hate to see what testing it even less looks like.
I'm no programmer or anything but I looked through the programming with a hex editor and I'm already understanding how the code works.. really sad actually
How am i not surprised you play gtav? I didn't think i'd have competition for resident flamer but you come along and you've been here longer?
I tip my hat to you good sir for showing true biased (like blatently biased) rage, may your reign be long and without much warning.

P.S. Rockstar has a bug fixing trick called LITERAL FXXXXXX TRUCKS FULL OF MONEY!!! And this is an indie game that spend pretty much two thirds of a year being 5 bucks or less, how you even try to compare the two in ability to fix bugs en masse opens a whole new dimension of possibility for stupidity.

I'm sure i'll get flagged for this though so i'm not far behind i guess right Leon?

R
Elf melter, north pole, being able to reforge, having a notification and not have your game crash, this is rediculous that we have to go through. At this rate PC will be in 1.4.5 and then we'll finally have the frost moon :mad:
View attachment 16778 View attachment 16779 View attachment 16780 Vs.View attachment 16783 View attachment 16785 View attachment 16784
The fact that they cared enough about the community to split the update and give us something for christmas is FAR more than i've seen from any other developer on console in recent memory besides FROM SOFT maybe, but sure :red: about oh no da gam freezes oh no da glitches, i mean jesus you can't play anything else until the glitches you hate so much get resolved? no friends to hang out with? No ponys or colts asking you out? How about that other thing that has building in it?

I don't think I'm talking about mobile, but if I am, just tell me.
Oh it's cool i was addressing the other guys obvious mobilecentric reply.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419457694][/DOUBLEPOST]
*face palm*
[DOUBLEPOST=1419457475][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like i care about the true excrapibur.
How funny is it this guy'll get away scot free but i'll be the one getting in trouble, gg christmas gg terraria community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom