Official And Now for a Taste of Things to Come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and everytime someone mentions something that is close to being right - or even somewhat right - I am shortening the time to the next teaser... ;)
mppk578.png

Okay so I have a theory.. Terraria is liked on many factors, I feel most of the factors could be put into one word. Variety...

That is my theory on this next game. Variety. Bam..:cool:

Yes yes, 1.3 with all those tons of content is going to be FREE so you should be patient!
I have been patient. I've said barely anything on my wish for the update and/or info about the update to come sooner.
Its just that, there've been so few bits of information on 1.3 that every time I check the site and there's a new news post and it's just something like a sale or console edition news, well, mfw:
w9TZK6s.gif

My theory that this is a teaser trailer.

But, the name is taken literally.

So, my theory is they put that here only to tease us. Meanies.
[DOUBLEPOST=1416716846][/DOUBLEPOST]
Holy crap, my clone.

last time i checked (a long time ago) you are a girl, and i am a ghost dog. I see no resemblance.

Oh, and everytime someone mentions something that is close to being right - or even somewhat right - I am shortening the time to the next teaser... ;)

I think it's a 2.5D sides-croller adventure game, with deep storyline and rogue-like occurrences that can happen between settings as you escape some sort of "corruption". (or something similar to the corruption, not really Terraria related but does hold that sort relation to creep-growing evil) The players and npcs are not small pixel-characters like in Terraria, they have full figures and detail but still of the pixel-style form. The player is racing against the clock and this "corruption" to a sacred place that if the player arrives first... then they can stop this growing evil. If this "corruption" defeats the player then all is lost. This sacred place is across the world so the hero has to walk through ancient deserts, wild jungles and pristine caverns in order to get to this place... Hence the many biomes.

I can think/guess that it'll have an Oregon-Trail kind of feel but with more of an adventure aspect to it rather than a strategic survival kind of vibe. The music to me suggests that you do have to travel, it's important, and it makes the player feel like he is always on the move... to avoid danger.

These are my thoughts on what the game is. (And when I mean 2.5D I mean 2D [left+right] with UP arrowkey controls to enter places, and DOWN arrowkeys to leave them) I kinda remember Cenx saying something about Redigit always wanting to try something 2.5D but maybe this isn't it... oh well I heard about it months and months ago so I probably misheard her.

ummmm...hellooooo? this is clearly "terraria 1.greenx60.1/2 back to the present of the futures past that went back to the futurey past to go back to the present futures future"...duh.

I am confident that more than half of you are failing english class or cheating to scrape by. contrary to popular belief, english class isn't a part of a schools curriculum to torture students. it is there to teach you important skills so you can comprehend the world and those living in it. followed by, what appears to be an extremely rare super power; the ability to interpret and apply the various things you comprehend. yes, indeed! english class is there to improve your life and free you from being lost/confused all the time. :dryadeek:

L2Language.

I think it's a 2.5D sides-croller adventure game, with deep storyline and rogue-like occurrences that can happen between settings as you escape some sort of "corruption". (or something similar to the corruption, not really Terraria related but does hold that sort relation to creep-growing evil) The players and npcs are not small pixel-characters like in Terraria, they have full figures and detail but still of the pixel-style form. The player is racing against the clock and this "corruption" to a sacred place that if the player arrives first... then they can stop this growing evil. If this "corruption" defeats the player then all is lost. This sacred place is across the world so the hero has to walk through ancient deserts, wild jungles and pristine caverns in order to get to this place... Hence the many biomes.

I can think/guess that it'll have an Oregon-Trail kind of feel but with more of an adventure aspect to it rather than a strategic survival kind of vibe. The music to me suggests that you do have to travel, it's important, and it makes the player feel like he is always on the move... to avoid danger.

These are my thoughts on what the game is. (And when I mean 2.5D I mean 2D [left+right] with UP arrowkey controls to enter places, and DOWN arrowkeys to leave them) I kinda remember Cenx saying something about Redigit always wanting to try something 2.5D but maybe this isn't it... oh well I heard about it months and months ago so I probably misheard her.

I'll give you kudos for the most elaborate speculation so far :) well done!

A game like that.

That'd be amazing.

Redigit must know of this amazing idea.

The logos become purple, purple = corruption

So it's about a corrupt government and your attempts to overthrow them with help from your annoying comic relief partner, and a bunch of other characters who are so boring you forgot about them after 5 seconds, except for the cyborg cat person who pilots tanks cause she has funny dialogue.

You get to play as the following races:
Cyborg Cat Person
Human
Flashlight
Guinea Pig
Broken Coffee Machine
Emoji :indifferent:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, I've read every last one of these comments, and in doing so I've developed my idea on what this could possibly be, and the effect was like rolling a snowball down a hill. ...well, a hill that didn't have that much snow on it, because a lot of comments were mistaken because they didn't read the OP. (I raged so hard when anyone mentioned Starbound >:L)

I personally think/hope that this will be a sort of RPG-adventure game with a loose combat system, in which you explore a 3D world as a race of your choice. While there will be quests to complete and items to obtain from them, it will also have a sandbox-style feel to it, in that you ccan build what you want with the materials at hand and craft items that both fit in the game and don't, like Terraria itself. While it will have nothing to do with Terraria, it will have Terraria-like elements, and yet still be its own unique game.

This idea, reading it over seems like...the worst idea on this list. But, based on what we saw, there are elements showing this-the sword in the second shot, the wide desert, the quote "Time to try something new", who knows? It may be something close to this. And thanks to that sword and the third shot, it looks like some sort of puzzle-solving adventure game with a stereotypical hero.

But who knows? Can I have a cookie? I actually really want a cookie. Please? Either a cookie or a new spoiler?

Edit: Hold on-today is November 23. 23. 2+3=6. 6x111=666 ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom