Official And Now for a Taste of Things to Come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up with the thread...

One has to be an idiot to believe that this is not a bad sign for Terraria. The next hiatus is upon us and most likely it will be the end.

No comment. Really. See Rudi's later statements.

What I will say though is that this does not take anything away from support for Terraria. Not in terms of people on Terraria, not in plans for future updates.

Hey, there they are. :)

They've said multiple times it isn't terraria-related

Not saying it is...or isn't. Just saying that all that was said is that its not any project previously discussed or announced.

ye but we didnt get a 1.3 spoiler just a spoiler that (atleast for me) has nothing to do with 1.3.

Maybe that will change but right now its just a downturn for me.
Looking on the Frontpage ,Twitter and the Forums everyday hoping for a new appetizer on 1.3 and then theres a new loki post and all i see is this Oo.

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten that everyone would like news on the upcoming free update. As noted, more than one thing can occur simultaneously. :)

It has nothing to do with Terraria...

All we will confirm is that this is a new project. It is not Terraria 1 or Terraria 2 or anything else we have previously discussed. Anything else is possible.

Another day, another "new project" from Re-Logic, sigh.

Moar 1.3 teasers pls.

Another day, another robustly positive post from....well, you know. ;) We can also walk and chew gum at the same time - I know, its magical. :eek:

If this is really just another Starbound-like game.

200.gif

I see your GIF and raise you a:
fe6e47d4f96b82d947c56de2fe47efa508236ba1c07998cda00bbd6ae1b010aa.jpg

---

In all seriousness, the teaser trailer is just that: A TEASER TRAILER. It's intended to drive speculation, not give answers. Answers will come.

Some will take that as a way to get excited, others will don their wet blankets and go down that road. Either way, drawing hard conclusions at this point seems silly.

Also, side note: We know everyone wants 1.3/1.3 spoilers. Trust me, we read it every time we say anything about anything. It's ok to have more than one thing to be interested in/excited for. The free 1.3 update continues development, unchecked by anything else we have announced. Again, bubblegum, walking, chewing. :)

In full candor, I wholly fail to see how a new project that doesn't slow down an expected free update to a popular game during the same week that new merchandise and toys related to said game is somehow a bad thing. Seems like a win-win-win to me. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks for allowing the creative license to have fun with some of the more "out there" pessimism. I kid because I love. :)

Last edited:
Don't worry, we haven't forgotten that everyone would like news on the upcoming free update. As noted, more than one thing can occur simultaneously.
The free 1.3 update continues development, unchecked by anything else we have announced. Again, bubblegum, walking, chewing. :)

free? you mentioned that twice... Terraria DLC?!?!?!?!

No he's saying free to remind people who paid $1-10 that they've been getting 100% free updates for years now so they can afford to be at least a tiny bit more patient and less demanding from Redigit.

Edit: Ah, apparently Loki is now the god of NINJA'S.

Maybe a Terraria spin off? Maybe a stick of truth type game but with terraria charcters! It would be actually really cool. Loki just said it wasn't Terraria 1 or 2. he never said it couldn't be a spinoff!

He is also hinting that it COULD be terraria related, just not a previously announced game! (The Main Series)
[DOUBLEPOST=1416709147][/DOUBLEPOST]my current theory is RPG terraria spinoff

Also loki, since over the next days spoilers will be mixed, im guessing since today was game??? then tommorow will be 1.3? This will than repeat. After 1.3 is game ??? again

My speculation.
#1: it's not a sandbox/survival game, as hinted at with the "let's try something new". We can assume its a genre of game neither companies have done before.
#2: alien planets. There is very little/no natural landscape on earth that is purple. Either space travel, with the different landscapes, or one large, varied planet.

After checking all comments here, on facebook and on reddit...I come to this conclusion: everybody hates a teaser, but everybody asks for more teasers. :D Just for everybody's future reference: I will never *ever* spoil everything that is in a game before you get the chance to find some of that stuff out on your own. That should be part of the fun of playing a game. Oh, and everytime someone mentions something that is close to being right - or even somewhat right - I am shortening the time to the next teaser... ;)

After checking all comments here, on facebook and on reddit...I come to this conclusion: everybody hates a teaser, but everybody asks for more teasers. :D Just for everybody's future reference: I will never *ever* spoil everything that is in a game before you get the chance to find some of that stuff out on your own. That should be part of the fun of playing a game. Oh, and everytime someone mentions something that is close to being right - or even somewhat right - I am shortening the time to the next teaser... ;)
It's a game, or other media-related project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom