Angler does not spawn, perhaps due to floating islands over both oceans.

Dave Baum

Terrarian
In one recently created world the Angler was not spawning - I checked both oceans many times. I also noticed that a lot of non-ocean creatures were spawning (goblins, etc). Exploring further I noticed that there happened to be floating islands above both beach areas. I completely destroyed one of the floating islands. This fixed the creature spawning for that ocean - no more goblins and slimes, many more sea creatures. But still no Angler. I'm wondering if this is a known issue, and if so if there is anything I need to do aside from destroying the floating island blocks in order to get the Angler to spawn.

Personally i haven't been able to get him on any new worlds either. No idea whats up with it. I haven't seen him on any of my expanded worlds. Wonder if it is related to the weirdness of the ocean biome on expanded being broken. Like the fact that underground overlaps the ocean and was never accounted for in game before release. (I have 2 worlds with underground cabins spawning near he very edge of the map) so perhaps in the code somewhere it is invalid as his spawn zone due to the underground overlap. While mobs spawn based off block counts and depth.

Back
Top Bottom