Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I've received several duplicate accessories from the Angler even with all the other possible ones still in my inventory, but no fisherman's pocket guide.

That has no effect on if it is in my inventory, which is the criteria for it being able to give duplicates. Also nobody else has fished on this world even if it that could of been the cause.

I've been unable to replicate this on our end. We did a lot of fishing quests rapidly and the results were always ones we did not already have.

Since making this thread I've received another 2 High test fishing lines and a tackle box. Been afking waiting on quest resets, as I started typing this my quests rolled over and I got my 3rd high test fishing line. Been taking screenshots before and after turn ins for the past 15+ quests.

Attachments

• 20200520183526_1.jpg
    20200520183526_1.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 20200520183533_1.jpg
    20200520183533_1.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 20200520183535_1.jpg
    20200520183535_1.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 385
From my understanding, the change to the angler was for info accesories, not the fishing accessories.

From my understanding, the change to the angler was for info accesories, not the fishing accessories.

Angler’s Quest rewards are now more likely to give you the Info Accessories. Additionally, he will not give you duplicates of an accessory you have in your inventory, unless you already have them all already

It's 2 separate points, the info ones should be more common, and you shouldn't get duplicates. And with them being more common you'd think after 80 quests already in the update it should of shown up.

@Gerrell

Just to clarify how the system works, you have two distinct sets of accessories: one set contains the Fish Finder accessories (Sextant, Weather Radio, Fisherman's Pocket Guide) and the Angler Tackle Bag accessories (High Test Fishing Line, Angeler Earring and Tackle Box). These two sets are independent of each other, so having any Fish Finder accessories does not impact getting any ATB accessories and vice versa.

Another thing to note is that if you have a completed Fish Finder in your inventory, the "drop only accessories you don't already own" mechanic stops working for the Fish Finder, and the same applies to the Angler Tackle Box. For example, once you have an ATB, you can get duplicate High Test Fishing lines.

So the question is, are you getting duplicate Sextants or Weather Radios (and only those two) while waiting for a Fisherman's Pocket Guide, while not having a completed Fish Finder in your inventory? Because that is a bug. Any High Test Fishing Lines, Angler Earrings or Tackle Boxes you are getting are part of a different set, so getting those is not a bug.

Back
Top Bottom