Any Destroyer tips?

Propheticall

Terrarian
I’ve recently entered Hardmode on my Mastermode world and I’m struggling with The Destroyer. Even though I have the Daedelus Stormbow (with Holy Arrows), it still seems like I can barely scratch the boss. It plays out same exact way. The Destroyer spawns, I take my potions, spawn in my two Nimbus Clouds, and attack it with my Daedelus Stormbow. However, the probes still manage to kill me. Am I attacking to ambitiously? I just need some tips on how I should take it out and what Im doing wrong.

I have a long platform just in the sky as my arena, with heart lanterns and campfires.

Lastly, I play Ranger. Should I also be using the Onyx Blaster against The Destroyer too? I have crystal bullets.

I would appreciate any help given, thank you.

I’ve recently entered Hardmode on my Mastermode world and I’m struggling with The Destroyer. Even though I have the Daedelus Stormbow (with Holy Arrows), it still seems like I can barely scratch the boss. It plays out same exact way. The Destroyer spawns, I take my potions, spawn in my two Nimbus Clouds, and attack it with my Daedelus Stormbow. However, the probes still manage to kill me. Am I attacking to ambitiously? I just need some tips on how I should take it out and what Im doing wrong.

I have a long platform just in the sky as my arena, with heart lanterns and campfires.

Lastly, I play Ranger. Should I also be using the Onyx Blaster against The Destroyer too? I have crystal bullets.

I would appreciate any help given, thank you.
Try using Cursed Darts with a dart gun. Shoot directly at the probes. Cursed Darts rain piercing flames below them as they travel so the boss will get shredded to pieces while you fire at the probes and kill them.
If your world is Crimson, simply put the Dryad in a graveyard and she’ll sell something that will help you get corruption items.
If you’ve already killed another mech boss, farming the Old One’s Army T2 for a Tome of Infinite Wisdom will obliterate destroyer even faster.

The Nimbus Clouds alone should shred the boss already, so I think you might want to work more on your defenses.

Best is to place the Nimbus Clouds high above the surface, and attempt to lure the Destroyer under the clouds so as many segments can hit.

For primary weapon, using Jester Arrows with a repeater (preferable Adamantite/Titanium) would help too.

Try using Cursed Darts with a dart gun. Shoot directly at the probes. Cursed Darts rain piercing flames below them as they travel so the boss will get shredded to pieces while you fire at the probes and kill them.
If your world is Crimson, simply put the Dryad in a graveyard and she’ll sell something that will help you get corruption items.
If you’ve already killed another mech boss, farming the Old One’s Army T2 for a Tome of Infinite Wisdom will obliterate destroyer even faster.
Thank you, I’ll try it out.

The Nimbus Clouds alone should shred the boss already, so I think you might want to work more on your defenses.

Best is to place the Nimbus Clouds high above the surface, and attempt to lure the Destroyer under the clouds so as many segments can hit.

For primary weapon, using Jester Arrows with a repeater (preferable Adamantite/Titanium) would help too.
Thank you for the tip, greatly appreciate it. 🙏

I have full Titanium Armor. I use the Titanium Mask for the extra defense instead of the Titanium Helmet. I have Spectre Boots, Brain of Confusion, Tiger Climbing Gear, Horseshoe Balloon, Panic Necklace, Magic Quiver, and the Shield of Cthulhu.
Grind Wyverns for souls of flight. combine with feathers and souls of light/night to make wings to replace the balloon this is much more mobility.
Tiger claw won’t help here. I’d recommend obsidian shield (can be upgraded all the way to ankh shield if you don’t mind grinding)

I have full Titanium Armor. I use the Titanium Mask for the extra defense instead of the Titanium Helmet. I have Spectre Boots, Brain of Confusion, Tiger Climbing Gear, Horseshoe Balloon, Panic Necklace, Magic Quiver, and the Shield of Cthulhu.
I would replace your tiger climbing gear with a Ranger Emblem from the wall of flesh. The rest of your accessories can work, but you’ll need a potion to help them. Try using a featherfall potion made from feathers found in the sky.
Grind Wyverns for souls of flight. combine with feathers and souls of light/night to make wings to replace the balloon this is much more mobility.
Tiger claw won’t help here. I’d recommend obsidian shield (can be upgraded all the way to ankh shield if you don’t mind grinding)
Wings are useful but also have tradeoffs compared to what they’re already using, and he can get the height he needs from featherfall potion anyway.

Reforging accessories at the Goblin Tinkerer provides major boosts to damage or defense. doing the same with your weapon is also a good idea.

If you're already not using your class-specific head-peice, you might as well upgrade to Frost Armor (made with Frost Cores (which are dropped by Ice Golems, which spawn in the Tundra when it's snowing.)). This armor provides a major damage boost(+26%, 11%cr instead of +7%, 6%cr) without loosing much defense(43 instead of 49). The set bonus inflicts Frostburn upon enemies, while the destroyer and probes are immune to this, it'll make grinding for other stuff a lot easier. It also increases your movement speed by 2% more than Titanium, but that's hardly noticeable.

If nothing else works and you're just frustrated with the thing, you can build a box in the sky where you can't be hit and cheese him from there.

Do you think Crystal Darts would work well against the Probes? Just a small question.

Do you think Crystal Darts would work well against the Probes? Just a small question.
They’d make the probes less of a problem but would be less effective against the destroyer itself than cursed darts are. If the probes are your main issue with the boss it may be worth using them, though the destroyer won’t die nearly as fast.

The Nimbus Clouds alone should shred the boss already
Worth mentioning, nimbus rod no longer pierces infinitely. It only hits 5 things per rain drop. Still a very good secondary weapon but you can't do this anymore.

Hope your destroyer battles go well! If you want, remember you can try fighting one of the other two mechanical bosses to get better gear OR fight queen slime :)

Worth mentioning, nimbus rod no longer pierces infinitely. It only hits 5 things per rain drop. Still a very good secondary weapon but you can't do this anymore.

Hope your destroyer battles go well! If you want, remember you can try fighting one of the other two mechanical bosses to get better gear OR fight queen slime :)
Oh, I didn't know that. Think that makes sense on why they nerved it. Thanks for correcting me.

Back
Top Bottom