Sprites Archaic Tower (Alternate Living Tree)

Izzabelle

Lunatic Cultist
kdcROYP.png

LPmkWiE.png

an alternate living tree

kdcROYP.png

Introduction
"Standing among the chaos of the world are towers of might and security. They have stood for ages -- bearing witness to the creeping darkness. But their halls still whisper of peace and serenity."

Warning! This thread is kind of massively small. Ha, that's right. Small.

Welcome to the Archaic Tower! As you probs know already, this is an alternate to Living Trees. My alternate work has become large enough now that a lot of things have alternates and a lot of those things are pretty deadly to the player. So I assumed it was due time to provide something a little more beneficial to the player to take some of the edge off.

So Arachic Towers function almost identically to Living Trees. They take up a lot of vertical space, they host a chest and some furniture, and you can utilize them for your own benefit. There are a few differences. The major difference is that Archaic Towers have 1-5 (based on the tower size and the world size) empty rooms, not just 1. And that's pretty much it. Horribly game-breaking, I know -- RIP Balance, cue crying.

Hope you enjoy it anyways!
There's nothing here yet!

kdcROYP.png

Disclaimer
***** Please Read Before Posting *****​
This is a suggestion. And as such does not assume anything definitively. This means...

Balance is a non-issue; the numbers are provided to elicit an idea of what values an object could have. If the not-set-in-stone-imaginary numbers upset you, you're welcome to suggest other numbers, but they have no bearing on the suggestion changed or not.

Sprites are a non-issue; sprites have been provided, like balance, to help imagine the suggestion as a concept. In no way are any of the sprites final. Just like the numbers, they too are not-set-in-stone-imaginary things. This means that recolored, spliced, and unique sprites have no ultimate bearing on the suggestion. If any particular sprite upsets you, you are welcome to provide one of your own to remedy the not-actually-an-issue so that I may reject it.

This is an alternate. This means that Archaic Towers can spawn in a world instead of Living Trees. It does not replace Living Trees. As an alternate, Archaic Tower additionally does not mirror the values or gameplay of Living Trees in a 1:1 ratio. It is it's own biome, not a recolor or reskin. Archaic Tower is also NOT an expansion. There is no additional content. Content included in the Archaic Tower is a counterpart or replacement of existing content given to Living Trees.

Lastly; as an alternate (and not an expansion or replacement), Archaic Tower does not assume to redefine class balance. I'm sorry if your favorite class isn't represented well in the suggestion. If Living Trees represented all classes equally, so too would the Archaic Tower.

Addendum:
1. I am currently not interested in converting my suggestions into mods. Thank you for the consideration, but I'll have to pass.
2. If you wish to use my unique sprites, you MUST ask for permission first.​

kdcROYP.png

Environment & Items
[/CENTER]

Blocks & Ore

Sprite | Name | Replaces | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At | Dimensions
wog1ZGF.png
| Archaic Brick | Living Wood | Block | | |
le3h1xX.png
x1,
rOHW8Fv.png
x1 |
eh32ZMS.png
| 1x1
IFXnZY8.png
| Archaic Brick Wall | Living Wood Wall | Wall | 999 |
nhVP4Oq.png
|
le3h1xX.png
x1,
rOHW8Fv.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif
| 1x1
uBhgTRB.png
| Archaic Moss Brick | Leaf Block | Block | | |
le3h1xX.png
x1,
rOHW8Fv.png
x1 |
lwHpl7U.png
| 1x1
oB4bvnA.png
| Archaic Moss Brick Wall | Living Leaf Wall | Wall | 999 |
nhVP4Oq.png
|
le3h1xX.png
x1,
rOHW8Fv.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif
| 1x1
wog1ZGF.png

When broken, Archaic Bricks become Clay. Players do not get the invested Stone back.
uBhgTRB.png

Archaic Moss Bricks form a pattern consisting of brick and pockets of vegetation, similar in appearance to Mahogany Leaf Blocks.

kdcROYP.png

Archaic Chest Loot

k8h7LEi.png

Archaic Chest Weapons & Tools

Sprite | Name | DMG | Power | Velocity | Mana | KB | Use Time | Rarity | Ingredients | Crafted At
eh32ZMS.png
| Archaic Brick Trowel | | | | | | 14 (Very Fast) |
DBTptfa.png
| |
lwHpl7U.png
| Archaic Moss Brick Trowel | | | | | | 14 (Very Fast) |
DBTptfa.png
| |
eh32ZMS.png
wog1ZGF.png

Consumes 1 Clay and 1 Stone to place one Archaic Bricks
lwHpl7U.png
uBhgTRB.png

Consumes 1 Clay and 1 Stone to place one Archaic Moss Brick

Archaic Chest Misc

Sprite | Name | Type | Max Stack | Rarity | Bonus | Dimensions
fSVG24d.gif
| Archaic Kiln | Crafting Station | 99 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| Used to craft Archaic furniture | 3x3

kdcROYP.png

Furniture

Archaic Furniture

Sprite | Name | Dimensions | Rarity | Max Stack | Ingredients | Crafted At
vHbPn06.png
| Archaic Platform | 1x1 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x1,
rOHW8Fv.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

Hs0Oqjy.png
| Archaic Workbench | 2x1 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x5,
rOHW8Fv.png
x5 |
fSVG24d.gif

30uGIGU.png
| Archaic Door| 2x3 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x3,
rOHW8Fv.png
x3 |
fSVG24d.gif

RkdKDgr.png
| Archaic Chair | 1x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x2,
rOHW8Fv.png
x2 |
fSVG24d.gif

4a5DCKF.png
| Archaic Table | 3x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x4,
rOHW8Fv.png
x4,
gmxfRtH.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

uFgbRKa.gif
| Archaic Lantern | 1x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x3,
rOHW8Fv.png
x3,
tjkd9C4.png
x1,
gmxfRtH.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

nhUiuO1.gif
| Archaic Candle | 1x1 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x2,
rOHW8Fv.png
x2,
tjkd9C4.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

AO4Dest.gif
| Archaic Lamp | 1x3 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x1,
rOHW8Fv.png
x2,
tjkd9C4.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

T74E6Rg.png
| Archaic Piano | 3x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x5,
rOHW8Fv.png
x10,
XmJrDow.png
x4,
cJ1wV4p.png
x1,
gmxfRtH.png
x2 |
fSVG24d.gif

HauRt0b.png
| Archaic Bed | 4x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x5,
rOHW8Fv.png
x10,
gmxfRtH.png
x5 |
fSVG24d.gif

3zzDhMR.png
| Archaic Dresser | 3x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x8,
rOHW8Fv.png
x8,
gmxfRtH.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

P7rqdxH.gif
| Archaic Bookshelf | 3x4 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x10,
rOHW8Fv.png
x10,
cJ1wV4p.png
x10,
gmxfRtH.png
x1, |
fSVG24d.gif

YAtSnQm.png
| Archaic Bathtub | 4x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x7,
rOHW8Fv.png
x7 |
fSVG24d.gif

fqHw8Ls.gif
| Archaic Candelabra | 2x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x2,
rOHW8Fv.png
x3,
tjkd9C4.png
x2 |
fSVG24d.gif

Alpbz9r.png
| Archaic Sofa | 3x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x2,
rOHW8Fv.png
x3,
gmxfRtH.png
x5 |
fSVG24d.gif

8umbxSa.png
| Archaic Clock | 2x5 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x20,
rOHW8Fv.png
x20 |
fSVG24d.gif

BXY9uyM.gif
| Archaic Chandelier | 3x3 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x2,
rOHW8Fv.png
x2,
wUsoDhx.png
x3,
tjkd9C4.png
x3 |
fSVG24d.gif

LErHqnJ.png
| Archaic Sink | 2x2 |
nhVP4Oq.png
| 99 |
le3h1xX.png
x3,
rOHW8Fv.png
x3,
tNKAMOD.png
x1 |
fSVG24d.gif

Many of the Archaic furniture pieces have unique recipes that make them different from typical furniture crafting norms.
3zzDhMR.png

The Archaic Dresser would NOT be available until a Living Wood Dresser becomes available in the base game.

kdcROYP.png

Support

Feel free to copy the code(s) below to place the biome sigil into your signature! And be sure to check out my alternates thread for more alt biome suggestions!

Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/archaic-tower-alternate-living-tree.55154/'][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DNyeSlI.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
The only complaint I have is that it doesn't seem like there's much point in making Archaic Bricks only drop part of their materials, as that merely means that a surplus supply of Stone is required in order to be able to correct building mistakes.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't seem like there's much point in making Archaic Bricks only drop part of their materials, as that merely means that a surplus supply of Stone is required in order to be able to correct building mistakes.
It's fine considering the absolute abundance of Stone in every world. Also -- I didn't want you to lose both materials if you chose to remove a brick.

I really like your alts; they're always well thought out and planned.

It's fine considering the absolute abundance of Stone in every world. Also -- I didn't want you to lose both materials if you chose to remove a brick.
This would be fine anyway. For example, Leaf Blocks consume Wood to be placed but you get nothing back when they're broken. I'd be fine with Archaic Bricks dropping nothing, but dropping Clay only is a good compromise.

I really like this suggestion, although I'm not sure that it should be an alternate to living trees. It'd be weird to just see 3-4 of these randomly around your world instead of giant trees. Maybe It'd make more sense to have 50% of the living trees be replaced by a tower.

I really like this suggestion, although I'm not sure that it should be an alternate to living trees. It'd be weird to just see 3-4 of these randomly around your world instead of giant trees. Maybe It'd make more sense to have 50% of the living trees be replaced by a tower.
I'm afraid I can't relate to your dilemma. Ancient towers, outposts, and other fortifications are staples and tropes of the fantasy genre. Some would argue they make just as much, if not more sense, as having a giant tree in the game.

Pretty sure even on a large world theres only 1 or 2 trees and only some of them have loot.

Pretty sure even on a large world theres only 1 or 2 trees and only some of them have loot.
I've had a world with about 5
Pretty sure (based on world size) you can have 0-5 Living Trees. And of those 0-5; none, some, or all of them could have loot.
I just think that it'd make sense for giant trees and archaic towers to coexist.
Could make sense. And I wouldn't mind if they appeared together. But for the purposes of the suggestion, it'll remain presented as an alternate. Should the devs ever pick it up -- I wouldn't be opposed if they decided to mix it up. Though I'd be curious to know if there are any limitations on sub-dividing Living Trees with something else when it comes to world-gen.

Woo! A new ALT suggestion! Overall I really like this for its colour scheme (I love Orange) and the general idea of a tower like structure. It would be almost spooky to come across this during the night in Terraria XD

Great ALT as always, keep up the great work!

I kind of want to try replacing livingwood sprites with these ones, but I'm not sure if there are enough sprites here to do that.

Well, usually these alts mimic the number of materials in a biome (how many blocks are involved, furniture sets, etc.) While giving it a new look and different items, so I think a retex should work fine.

Well, usually these alts mimic the number of materials in a biome (how many blocks are involved, furniture sets, etc.) While giving it a new look and different items, so I think a retex should work fine.
I think the only thing I would need would be a tileset for the blocks. Anyone willing to make one? c:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom