Official Art Request Megathread Rule Suggestions/Discussion

How are the rules for the Art Request Megathread?

• Perfect!

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Needs work.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Needs a lot of work!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
When might I expect this to be finished, The edition goes out today I can post pone it.
Like 10 minutes from now. Maybe sooner.
@Teal
cbpvj63.png
ramxAIK.png
GrBhtBc.png
eP7sZpq.png
. You might need to crop them. Just remember to cite me!

I can do just that sadly they aren't transparent but better than nothing.
That's because I edited what they said in Inspect Element then used snipping tool. I can edit them further.
Cropped versions:
JKKhZYq.png
O9hGT0V.png
69uOo1z.png
ozjU92a.png
, and
dhu5Hoi.png
. Enjoy!
EDIT- They look fine on Curroption background, which I use, but not as good on other things. Ah well.

Last edited:
If you'd do that I'd love you.
Turns out I can't (Imgur is down) and I don't have the tools for it. On another computer I have Pixen, which I could do it on, but I could only get to that by tomorrow. So it looks like you're on your own. Sorry.

OPEN (Permanently)

Any style would be acceptable (Digital, Sprite, Painted, Drawn)

I'm looking for an image of a lion faced man wielding a Breaker blade (single handed).
  • Titanium (preferably dyed a different color: flame, orange, red, yellow)
  • Hollow
  • Chlorophyte (preferably dyed a different color: flame, orange, red, yellow)
  • None/Your own idea
  • Winter Cape (preferably dyed a different color: match it to armor)
  • Mysterious Cape
  • Mechanical Glove/Fire Gauntlets
  • Cobalt/Ankh/Paladin Shield (different colors for cobalt or ankh)
  • Cross Necklace
  • Shackle(s)
  • Any boots ( Just make colors match armor)
  • Cutlass
  • Tizona
  • Paladin Hammer
  • Possessed Hatchet
  • Blue Moon
  • Sunfury
  • Shotgun
  • Laser Rifle
  • Molotov
th

th

th

th

Saint Leon

Mjvvyih.png

I'm satisfied with the final result but it took slightly longer than expected, the proportions are slightly off and I'm still fairly new to digital drawing but I'm getting the hang of it.

@Zygomorph @Teal @Shadow @[Redacted]

All of you failed to follow the rules of the request megathread:
Artists:
    • Do not respond to requests in this thread. Instead please PM the poster of the request for further details and/or to offer fulfillment.
You're expected to read the OP of any thread before responding, as such you should have read the rules about the thread. Please just use PMs next time as I'd like to keep the thread as clean and organized as possible.

Last edited:
@Zygomorph @Teal @Shadow @[Redacted]

All of you failed to follow the rules of the request meathead:

You're expected to read the OP of any thread before responding, as such you should have read the rules about the thread. Please just use PMs next time as I'd like to keep the thread as clean and organized as possible.
This is why I specifically asked for my own thread for this request. Shadow did send it to me in PM and I gave permission for the posting of it. The only one who didn't follow the rules was Zygo and I (the latter only because I was responding to the medium where he mistakenly posted). I have read the rules and would appreciate if you wouldn't accuse me of not have doing so. Me and @Pixel both agreed that this method of conducting things makes it hard for users to communicate with the artist and makes things disorderly by just adding a barrier. Whilst this method might keep "things organized" it looks very flawed in use.

Though I don't necessarily think we should have made a thread for something as simple as requesting, I do, on the other hand, agree that we should have artists be allowed to discuss between requesters through this thread. That way it's a lot easier, and if there are other people that would like to keep things private, they can do. If an artist were to post a picture, I believe they should have the right to in this thread, so others may also view it for convenience. For example, people who work alongside the requester.

Perhaps another sub-forum could be created for requests, due to the current limitations imposed the mega-thread has a reputation of "anything posted there is ignored" luckily and happily for me mine wasn't. This way users can customize miniature specifications based on what they'd like. I think the way the rule violations here were dealt with was silly.

Eh, perhaps a sub-forum would be OK, but I'm not entirely sure it is worthy, even despite its convenience. Yes, it's relatively easy to make, I've made forums before, but this might also depend on the availability of Loki and Skiphs.

Either way, it's not entirely our decision to make, we'll have to wait. I think that it's a decent suggestion, yet it would render this Art Request Megathread redundant.

This is why I specifically asked for my own thread for this request. Shadow did send it to me in PM and I gave permission for the posting of it. The only one who didn't follow the rules was Zygo and I (the latter only because I was responding to the medium where he mistakenly posted). I have read the rules and would appreciate if you wouldn't accuse me of not have doing so. Me and @Pixel both agreed that this method of conducting things makes it hard for users to communicate with the artist and makes things disorderly by just adding a barrier. Whilst this method might keep "things organized" it looks very flawed in use.
Someone else breaking the rules doesn't give you the right to do so. I will move Shadows post back to the thread.
My comment was not intended to be offensive, :/ I stated that you're expected to read the rules because people weren't following them. I assumed they hadn't read them because breaking the rules when you know about them is more inappropriate in my opinion.

I was unaware of any discussion between you and Pixel. If you wanted changes to be made to the request megathread than you should have posted about it here :)

I think the way the rule violations here were dealt with was silly.

As far as addressing my actions in regards to dealing with rule violations, that is to be done through PM between you and myself and other staff members if you so desire.

A sub forum might be a possibility, but with all that is going on right now it likely won't happen for quite some time and would require a great deal more discussion before implementation.

If an artist were to post a picture, I believe they should have the right to in this thread, so others may also view it for convenience.
I'm unsure about what specifically you're stating here? Upon completion of a request, artists ARE allowed to post their final results in the megathread.

The request megathread is there simply to give ease of access to artists and requesters. Allowing discussion of a specific request to be carried on in the thread would give that particular request an unfair spotlight vs the requests that came after it.

An image I made, posted with permission:View attachment 37973
In the future, please quote the original request that you are fulfilling :)

The request megathread is there simply to give ease of access to artists and requesters. Allowing discussion of a specific request to be carried on in the thread would give that particular request an unfair spotlight vs the requests that came after it.
Please see definition of ease, I still think there should be more specifics if you'd like to accumulate a pile of requests and just expect artists to pop up out of the wood works and do them. No one was offended I'm just a very blunt person, I like to make a point and do it as directly as possible. If a user is willing to do the work of making a detailed request I feel that they are more than entitled to their own thread. Just a matter of opinion. If clutter is really such an ordeal it might serve well to have a sub-forum for requests.

Please see definition of ease, I still think there should be more specifics if you'd like to accumulate a pile of requests and just expect artists to pop up out of the wood works and do them. No one was offended I'm just a very blunt person, I like to make a point and do it as directly as possible. If a user is willing to do the work of making a detailed request I feel that they are more than entitled to their own thread. Just a matter of opinion. If clutter is really such an ordeal it might serve well to have a sub-forum for requests.
The request megathread is there to keep clutter of undirected requests out of the art forum. A sad fact is that several users didn't follow the rules and instead deleted their requests when they were actually fulfilled thus leaving the impression that requests in the megathread don't get addressed (I didn't undelete these because the rule violation was too minor to supersede their rights to removal of their content). From your own experience you know this is not the case.

So artists actually ARE popping up out of the woodwork, several new and yet to be established artists have taken the opportunity to fulfill art requests they might not have gotten a chance at otherwise. Sadly, they don't always post their completed works in the megathread.

As far as a subforum goes, one issue I see with that is that the requests that are getting the most attention will always be bumped to the top and other requests will get pushed to the bottom of the list. Having the megathread and keeping it to simply request posts and their fulfillment gives everyone a more fair chance at getting their requests noticed. Though the fact that new requests are always put at the end of the page is an issue I'd like to find a way to address. Perhaps instead of a subforum, a thread for completed requests could be made. That way only open requests will remain in the mega-thread.

Just a reminder:

This thread, is for DISCUSSING the rules/guidelines of the Art Request Megathread, not for responding to requests. If you want to talk about that, do it in a PM. Also, click here to look at the MAIN Art Request Megathread.

Anyways, I think the rules are pretty simple. And maybe, for this rule:
  • When you fulfill the request to the posters satisfaction you may, with their permission, quote their request and share the final product in a post on this thread.
Maybe the artist completing the request may TAG them or PM them (with of course, the notification that their request is in a PM, if the image is too big or takes a lot of space on the page) when the request is fulfilled.

I don't know. I've barely seen anything in the Art Request Megathread fulfilled, unless you're supposed to PM people what you have done (in which case I thoroughly apologize), but I don't know why my posts were moved to here, since this seems to be a rules thread. Again, I apologize if I did anything wrong.

This thread, is for DISCUSSING the rules/guidelines of the Art Request Megathread, not for responding to requests. If you want to talk about that, do it in a PM. Also, click here to look at the MAIN Art Request Megathread.
Crafted, I moved their posts here.
I don't know. I've barely seen anything in the Art Request Megathread fulfilled, unless you're supposed to PM people what you have done (in which case I thoroughly apologize), but I don't know why my posts were moved to here, since this seems to be a rules thread. Again, I apologize if I did anything wrong.
You are supposed to discuss the fulfillment of requests via PM. Once you've completed a request to the requester's satisfaction you can quote their request post and share the completed work in the megathread. Sadly, few people have actually followed through with this structure and several fulfilled request posts were deleted rather than marked as completed leaving no post to quote.

I moved your posts here because you were violating the rules of the megathread as laid out in the OP.

In the future, just PM the requester about their request and you'll be fine :)

The request mega thread is only for posting requests, hence I've moved your post here. Also your post violates our general rules regarding posting on the forums because it is lacking in any relevant context. It could also be taken as an insult so please try harder to be more respectful in the future.

OPEN Always this is My character. Me and my friend have created drawings of our own characters and having recently discovered the terraria forums I want to see the forums interpretation. I have pictures of my inventory and character. You can do anything you want but I suggest with some of my favorite weapons. To be honest you don't really have to follow.BUT it has to have Ravens and Landmines. Any style is fine I only want to see what you guys think. Honestly I'd be thankful just to get a reply If you need more inspiration I can provide some of me and my friends art

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 199
Back
Top Bottom