OOC Ashes of Calamity - a Calamity, Thorium, AA, EA, Redemption, Pinkymod, SOA, and Fargo collab RP

Avem

Terrarian
It was too late.
The Jungle Tyrant's reign had taken over almost all of Terraria.
Soran and Syrus were eviscerated within hours.
The Devourer unleashed the accursed powers of the Deviantt, Abominationn, and Mutant into the world.
The Incident had just defiled and defaced the lands that once were, and thrown it into the Abyss, where Silva, the first nature spirit, absorbs its life force in anticipation of a return.
The Underworld and the Ocean have been left defenseless against the awakened Elements.
Their resurrection poses a risk for the dreaded "Elemental Unleash", letting out all manner of cosmic terrors and abominations into this already-destroyed world.
Even the Terrarium was utterly destroyed, now a husk of its former self.
But in a certain cluster of floating islands that the former Terrarians have called the "Paradox Islands", a chance to begin anew has begun...

Welcome to Ashes of Calamity, a tModLoader-centric RP that aims to weave the storylines of as many major content mods as I possibly can. Before you make a character though, here are the rules:

-Metagaming (the knowing stuff your character doesn't know kind) is allowed (but only for lore and items), but godmoding isn't.
-Please, no characters stronger than Noxus or Xeroc or whatever.
-Follow the TCF community rules and culture.
-Finally, there will be references - LOTS of references, so be sure to do your research on the concerning mods. (AA is Ancients Awakened, EA is Elements Awoken, and SOA is Shadows of Abaddon)

Template:
  • Name:
  • Appearance (picture or description):
  • Abilities:
  • Strengths:
  • Weaknesses/Limitations:
  • Personality:
  • Background:
Here's an example.
Name: Aria

Appearance:
ezgif-2-58bbb3519102.png

Abilities:
  • Auric Creation - the ability to create every Auric-tier and below item, costs Shadowspec Bars
  • Eternal Replication - the ability to transform into every pre-Moon Lord boss
  • Akashic Record - pretty much the Calamity Wiki
  • Temporal Vortex - the ability to create a time vortex; when inside, can retrieve items from other mods and even 1.4
  • Accessory Creation - the ability to fuse up to 5 accessories together, also grants 7 extra slots
  • Vector Manipulation - pretty much Cheat Sheet
Strengths:
-Akashic Record gives her knowlege of everything Calamity Mod, and as such, has access to the famed Guide: Class setups page, which allows her to guide everyone along the best progression path
-Eternal Replication absolutely DEMOLISHES everything pre-Devourer
-Zenith has the same DPS as the Galaxy Smasher
-Due to Akashic Record, she knows the best strategies against every boss

Weaknesses/Limitations:
-Akashic Record does not provide knowledge of other Terraria mods
-Temporal Vortex drops rely on RNG (which means Rod of Discord still has a 1/500 drop chance and Slime Staff is still rare as :red:)
-Accessory Creation can't pull a Fargo and create an AIO accessory
-Eternal Replication transformations are only unlocked after that boss was defeated at least once
-Vector Manipulation duping works like Journey Mode duping

Personality: Generally pretty nice, good at socializing, and (effect of Akashic Record) may or may not incessantly correct all wrong information

Background:
Time is an eternal construct. Space is but an infinite void.
Everything changed when Xeroc created the world.
All was well, until the first Jungle Tyrant came.
He met Silva while in one of his ruthless conquests, and eventually married her and beget the first member of the clan that would eventually give birth to the silent assassin, Statis.
Her name, was Cirrus, the reincarnation of the true creator of Terraria, the legend known only as "Fabsol".
Cirrus met Braelor, who had just arrived after slaying the Profaned Goddess, and beget Yharim, the current Jungle Tyrant.
Yharim eventually met Draedon and Calamitas, and began ceaselessly defiling the lands that once were.
However, in the midst of all the death and destruction, Draedon created Yharim's ultimate servant, and let her out into the world...
Anyways, that's all. See ya in the IC thread! (Oh, and Magic Storage, AlchemistNPC (not Lite), and Luiafk are also in)

Last edited:
imagine having to wait a week.

I take it as long as the characters are within the limits provided, then they'll be fine, yes?

you really need a character template or else people wont join, idk why but that's just how it works here

You only provided a template that was already filled in. It's a pain to remove all of the text that isn't needed, which is why an empty template is needed, so people can copy the template, and add the description without needing to painstakingly remove the description you added.
A (very :red:ing crappy) example template would be
Name:
Appearance:
Equipment and abilities:
Weaknesses:
Hope this helps.

I have never participated in an RP here, but this interests me. If you were to update the character template like Esther said, as well as post an IC thread, I'd be down to join this.

Also, a few more things I'd like to point out.
First of all, I'd recommend making backstory an optional thing, because there are some people that don't like adding backstory right away.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this is a human only rp?
Edit: another thing: what's the character limit (if there is one)?

Last edited:
Also, a few more things I'd like to point out.
First of all, I'd recommend making backstory an optional thing, because there are some people that don't like adding backstory right away.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this is a human only rp?
Edit: another thing: what's the character limit (if there is one)?
1. Since the RP is very lore-focused (read OP), I can't really include characters without lore here.
2. No
3. None

I have never participated in an RP here, but this interests me. If you were to update the character template like Esther said, as well as post an IC thread, I'd be down to join this.
IC thread will only be posted once there are at least 5 players

If only I knew anything about all of the mods (I know nothing about any of them except Calamity), and actually had more than 1 OC with a finished backstory that would fit in here (the only character whose backstory is pretty much finished is Vest, and he's a Buizel (No, I'm not making him a human for this))...

If only I knew anything about all of the mods (I know nothing about any of them except Calamity), and actually had more than 1 OC with a finished backstory that would fit in here (the only character whose backstory is pretty much finished is Vest, and he's a Buizel (No, I'm not making him a human for this))...
:( Can I help with lore?

:( Can I help with lore?
If you want to.
Also,
Also, I'm in GMT+8, so only RP between 9am and 6pm at that timezone :)
This is a VERY STUPID RULE. I probably can't explain myself without sounding incredibly rude, so here's a quote from the DragCave forums that does a MUCH better job at explaining why this is a VERY dumb rule:
*~Soren~* said:
Try to avoid Stupid Rules as best as possible. These include:

"You may not post during the OP's Timezone's night-time."
This rule limits you not only to roleplayers of your own timezone, but also users that are on only in the day. Having this rule hurts you more than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom