• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. As of Oct 19 a new patch has been released. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

tModLoader Assorted Crazy Things; A Mod Full of Crazy Things

icon.png
WELCOME TO ASSORTED CRAZY THINGS
icon.png

Most recent version: 1.3.1.2
Authors:
Harblesnargits: Artist, Idea Guy
direwolf420: Coder, Idea Guy

Click To Visit This Mod's Wiki

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What Is This Mod?

This mod aims to provide a vast assortment of vanity and flavor, primarily focused on pets and enemies, but also including equipment such as weapons and accessories. We make content as we come up with it, usually not relating to anything in particular. From an art standpoint, we make sure that everything fits Terraria's art style as best as we can. From a coding standpoint, we make sure everything works in a way that is easy to understand while also being memorable. From a fun standpoint, we make sure that the content does not negatively impact you in any way as best as we can. We want this mod to feel like an extension to the game, adding flavor and variety rather than progression and endgame. It's not the destination, but the journey traveled. Our mod focuses on three things in particular; Enemies, Pets, and Items.

Enemies are a main part of Terraria, as they often interrupt your building and sometimes provide key ingredients to progression. These enemies tend to range from insignificant to incredibly difficult, and the vast differences make up an immersive world. Assorted Crazy Things aims to add creatures of varying difficulty without reaching the highest difficulty, simply adding in enemies that seamlessly appear along the enemies you'd find in unmodded Terraria. Great care is taken to make certain that the NPCs look and feel natural to a degree, and are given spawn rates that do not interrupt the flow of the game. There are hidden challenging enemies, but they don't appear often enough to ruin your experience. Even better is that these challenging enemies give you ample time to decide if you want to deal with them, or just walk away scott free. These enemies are fairly numerous, and you may not even see all of them in a lengthy playthrough, but they exist and simply exist for the sake of existing. Below is a taste of the enemies you may happen to cross paths with.

Preview-NPCs.png

On the vanity side of things, the mod boasts a hefty and ever-growing number of vanity pets. Originally, I made the mod simply to have a pet Demon Eye, and I had several variants. Now, there's a large number of pets of varying types, including but not limited to slimes, fish, miniature bosses, celestial bodies, and the popular Cute Slimes. Many of the included pets also have alternate skins that can be toggled through, bringing the total count of possible pets even higher. The mentioned Cute Slimes can be dressed up with costumes which include knight armor, staves, weapons, bows, crowns, and more. At times, we find ourselves making pet content upon pet content, but we do try to make sure there's other stuff as well! It's just that we have so much fun brainstorming silly pets that we end up with more of them than expected. As with NPCs and with very few exceptions, the pets provided are designed to fit the aesthetic of Terraria's base art style. Below is just a sample of the pets you can find in this mod.

Preview-Pets.png

Outside of the two major points, there are also various items that are implemented in a way that add additional options for your everyday slaughter of pixelated wildlife. There are a few weapons with fun effects such as an infinite-ammo laser rifle and a cursed flames flamethrower, there are potions which strengthen you as you stay unharmed and help you see where enemies are via handy markers, and there's even a set of summoner armor that encourages you to use your face as a weapon! A major part of the aforementioned pets is that many of them are captured with a net, and we've added a pair of improved nets that have greater range at the cost of slower speeds to help nab those pets that are just out of reach. Though some items look silly for the sake of being silly, most items are designed to fit the aesthetic of the base game. Below are some choice items to look for when using our mod.

Preview-Items.png

Though there is a hefty amount of content as it is, we work our butts off to add more content simply because we want to! We take our time with concepts and ideas and try to flesh them out as best as we can, aiming to provide fun and interesting new content. We don't want to rush out content, and we have no obligation to meet any sort of deadline, so we work until we're satisfied with the results. Though there are some rough sprites and rough code here and there, we're constantly improving on what we have to make sure we provide the one thing that matters most: quality.

Some examples of what you may experience during gameplay with our mod are as follows:

Cute Slime as a pet

Pocket Sand!

Soul Savior Armor and Everglow Lantern at work

Welcome to Assorted Crazy Things!

For more demonstrations, click here for an album to browse at your leisure

You can download this mod on the Mod Browser, under the name "Assorted Crazy Things".

Last edited:
EDIT: Found a problematic flaw with the mod after uploading. Don't worry about the details, it's fixed when you update! I promise!

Update 11/26; Mod received a bit of love. Got a bunch of folks who said spawns were overwhelming, and I had to agree. Full changelog in the opening post's pastebin.

- New Monsters
- Lower spawn rates for everything (Please let me know how it is!)
- Still no flamethrower or rifle like I initially listed!

@RiverOaken : I don't do discord that often, so I won't make a discord right now, but I have a name I use somewhat sparingly. I'll send it to you via whispers so we can try to work something out.

Last edited:

AlexQuinn13

Skeletron Prime
Is this the mod that has the wanderer's journal? Trying to remember what mod it is because I can't use it.

ShadowTiger

Duke Fishron
These sprites are beautiful! You should feel proud. ^_^ I am most definitely going to be keeping track of this delightful mod. I can't wait to see what you do with those slime girls. Why do I have this feeling that they would be animals or pets?

DomLutch

Official Terrarian
*Installs mod* Gets swarmed by every type of slime girl that exists in the mod currently(I think), loves life. Blue, pink, raibow, black and purple right? I love you for this! Thank you for making the world more fun to explore! I now need to get those other pets...

EDIT: Can someone make a "I support" banner for this mod please?

Mod updated to version 1.1.2! New icon, new content, and more! Word of early warning; The mod will be undergoing a bit of an internal name change soon, and that requires a new mod altogether. This is for future mod pack reasons, should it ever be included. Right now, I have a stupid filename that has nothing to do with the mod's title, but I'll be rectifying that soon-ish. This release will warn you about that, as well as let you know the details when you load up a character.

Full changelog for this update: (Also in opening post)
Code:
December 02, 2018
NEWS:
   - Teamed up with the dev of ItemMagnetPlus!
     - All the new coding is thanks to him!
   - Due to changes in code, all previously obtained items are now obsolete.
     - You'll need to reobtain all the stuff you previously found.
     - This is for a better future.
   - Due to changes in code, the current version 1.1 will be the last update.
     - You will need to download a newer mod with the same name in the future.
     - You can stay on version 1.1, but I greatly suggest downloading the future update as well.
     - This change is to help my coder do things easier on his end. My coding was...atrocious.
   - Major changes to various things!
     - I probably missed something, but know that there's a lot of changes for the better!

ADDITIONS:
   - Foldfish boss implemented!
     - Spawned by using an Origami Manual, dropped uncommonly by Animated Tome.
     - Drops two vanity items; Origami Hat and Origami Crane.
     - It's a joke boss based on a typo during discussions while working on coding.
   - Breath of Spazmatism implemented!
   - Sight of Retinazer implemented!
   - Chunky's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Chunky when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Meatball's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Meatball when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Christmas Slime, a seasonal Cute Slime with a ribbon with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Gastropod, a harmless new addition to the Hallow with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Young Harpy, a harmless new addition to the Sky with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Megalodon pets! Defeat each Megalodon for a pet!

CHANGES:
   - Animated Tome overhauled
     - Spawn rate fixed, only two Tome NPCs now
     - One tome changes color every time it spawns, rather than a bunch of recolored NPCs
     - Both tomes give off sparkles as they fly
       - Animated Tome has cloudy blue sparkles
       - Animated Spell Tome has more subdued golden sparkles
   - Bass and Cloudfish now attempt to flee when you enter the water
   - Walking Chest and Walking Tombstones actually walk at night now.
   - All variants of Demon Eye are now affected by the Demon Eye Banner
   - Mini Ocram overhauled.
     - Announces when it spawns
     - Now fires Demon Scythes, and attacks through walls
     - Has an after image effect
   - Deep Salamander now attacks faster
   - Little Megalodon overhauled
     - Stats redone to not be so unreasonable
     - Hitbox reduced as to not telepathically kill you
     - Now drops a Small Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute little shark that follows you
   - Megalodon overhauled
     - Moves Slower than other sharks
     - Now drops a Large Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute "tiny" Megalodon that follows you
   - Everburning Candle accessories now show dust when used with many weapons
     - There are some weapons that don't show dust, but the debuffs will still be applied normally
     - Vanilla examples include Minishark, Chlorophyte Shotbow, and Vampire Knives
   - Breath of Spazmatism finally working
     - Fires MUCH faster than a regular flamethrower
     - 33% chance to not consume ammo. You'll run out very fast otherwise
     - Uses Gel as ammo
   - Infinity Rocket doesn't always destroy tiles when used
     - Snowman Cannon is an exception, as it destroys blocks by default
   - Major code cleanup
     - I got slapped on the wrist for my poor naming convention
   - Fixed some typos

Edit; I also updated my avatar, though that's unimportant and not interesting news.

Double Edit: I know it's a bit silly to release an update only for the update to be obsolete later with a new filename. I just felt like releasing what was out right now for those who wanted to try out the new stuff while the tedious reworkings are being done behind the scenes.

Triple Edit: New name is up. Download the latest version with the GOLDEN border from now on!

Last edited:

NinjaKitty

Steampunker
View attachment 214081 WELCOME TO ASSORTED CRAZY THINGSView attachment 214081
Most recent version: 1.1.2

Welcome to Assorted Crazy Things, my second time modding in Terraria. My first time ended in failure as I lost everything, and had to start fresh. Start fresh I did, as I managed to put together a new WIP mod full of wonderful and delightful things.

WHAT THIS MOD DOES;
This mod adds quite a few different things to the game, be it monsters, critters, accessories, or whatever else. There's a lot! As this is an early release, I want to make it clear that what I've made is not perfect. Nothing is ever perfect. As of now, you can expect things to simply work. Most of my monsters have low spawn rates as not to disrupt a normal playthrough too much, and my items are not balanced in a way that makes the game unfair. At least, that is the goal. I want to add to the game without detracting from it, and that is a difficult challenge.

SAMPLE OF THE CONTENTS:
View attachment 213959
Minor typo: 36 pets. Too lazy to fix.
View attachment 213960

GEE WILIKERS BATMAN, THAT'S A LOT OF STUFF:
You're right on that. I spent a lot of time just goofing around, having fun, asking of my peers, and finding ways to make things become things. That's not all though; I plan to add MORE.

MOD CONFLICTS: None so far.

MULTIPLAYER STATUS: Not Tested.

COMING SOON: A big update that includes bug fixes, a few more faces, and more...

This post was recently edited with what I have SO FAR on my end, and does not reflect the current state of the mod. Expect an update in December!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can download this mod on the Mod Browser, under the name "Assorted Crazy Things".
Click To View Full Mod Contents.
LAST UPDATE: December 02, 2018​
Current Changelog:
Code:
December 02, 2018
NEWS:
   - Teamed up with the dev of ItemMagnetPlus!
     - All the new coding is thanks to him!
   - Due to changes in code, all previously obtained items are now obsolete.
     - You'll need to reobtain all the stuff you previously found.
     - This is for a better future.
   - Due to changes in code, the current version 1.1 will be the last update.
     - You will need to download a newer mod with the same name in the future.
     - You can stay on version 1.1, but I greatly suggest downloading the future update as well.
     - This change is to help my coder do things easier on his end. My coding was...atrocious.
   - Major changes to various things!
     - I probably missed something, but know that there's a lot of changes for the better!

ADDITIONS:
   - Foldfish boss implemented!
     - Spawned by using an Origami Manual, dropped uncommonly by Animated Tome.
     - Drops two vanity items; Origami Hat and Origami Crane.
     - It's a joke boss based on a typo during discussions while working on coding.
   - Breath of Spazmatism implemented!
   - Sight of Retinazer implemented!
   - Chunky's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Chunky when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Meatball's Eye, an NPC that spawns from Meatball when it is defeated! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Christmas Slime, a seasonal Cute Slime with a ribbon with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Cute Gastropod, a harmless new addition to the Hallow with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Young Harpy, a harmless new addition to the Sky with a matching pet! Catch it with a net!
   - Megalodon pets! Defeat each Megalodon for a pet!

CHANGES:
   - Animated Tome overhauled
     - Spawn rate fixed, only two Tome NPCs now
     - One tome changes color every time it spawns, rather than a bunch of recolored NPCs
     - Both tomes give off sparkles as they fly
       - Animated Tome has cloudy blue sparkles
       - Animated Spell Tome has more subdued golden sparkles
   - Bass and Cloudfish now attempt to flee when you enter the water
   - Walking Chest and Walking Tombstones actually walk at night now.
   - All variants of Demon Eye are now affected by the Demon Eye Banner
   - Mini Ocram overhauled.
     - Now fires Demon Scythes, and attacks through walls
     - Has an after image effect
   - Deep Salamander now attacks faster
   - Little Megalodon overhauled
     - Now drops a Small Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute little shark that follows you
   - Megalodon overhauled
     - Moves Slower than other sharks
     - Now drops a Large Megalodon Tooth, which summons a cute "tiny" Megalodon that follows you
   - Everburning Candle accessories now show dust when used with many weapons
     - There are some weapons that don't show dust, but the debuffs will still be applied normally
     - Vanilla examples include Minishark, Chlorophyte Shotbow, and Vampire Knives
   - Breath of Spazmatism finally working
     - Fires MUCH faster than a regular flamethrower
     - 33% chance to not consume ammo. You'll run out very fast otherwise
     - Uses Gel as ammo
   - Infinity Rocket doesn't always destroy tiles when used
     - Snowman Cannon is an exception, as it destroys blocks by default
   - Major code cleanup
     - I got slapped on the wrist for my poor naming convention
   - Fixed some typos

Previous Changelogs:
November 26, 2018 Changelog
ADDITIONS:
- Enemy - Bass, harmless critter, town water. Drops Bass.
- Enemy - Lil' Reaver, weak ocean enemy. Very rarely drops Reaver Shark.
- Enemy - Lil' Sawtooth, weak ocean enemy. Very rarely drops Sawtooth Shark.
- Enemy - Lil' Whale, weak ocean enemy.
- Enemy - Little Megalodon, a much bigger shark. Hits much harder than a shark. Very rare spawn.
- Enemy - Megalodon, a much bigger Little Megalodon. WILL kill you if it catches you. EXTREMELY rare spawn.
- Pet - Young Wyvern, crafted from a Wyverntail at any Workbench.
- Accessory - Everburning Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict fire damage.
- Accessory - Everburning Cursed Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict cursed fire damage.
- Accessory - Everfrozen Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict frostburn damage.
- Accessory - Everburning Shadow Candle, causes all player damage to also inflict shadowflame damage.
CHANGES:
- Whale Shark damage reduced to 0. They're gentle in real life, after all.
- Whale Shark now has gore that matches its appearance.
- Enemy spawn rates reduced, as they were too common.
IN DEVELOPMENT:
- Pet - Cute Gastropod.
- Pet - Cute Harpy.
- Weapon - Breath of Spazmatism. Flamethrower coding still baffles me.
- Weapon - Sight of Retinazer. It's basically done, but I want it to release with Breath of Spasmatism.
but is it compatible with calamity mod?
i really want this, but is it compatible?

The gold, silver, and reflective dyes (and probably other metallic/shiny dyes) do not appear to affect the slime girls. Or rather, they do recolor them, but don't add any shine effects to them.

direwolf420

Terrarian
The gold, silver, and reflective dyes (and probably other metallic/shiny dyes) do not appear to affect the slime girls. Or rather, they do recolor them, but don't add any shine effects to them.

works right now for me, though the dev build is ahead by a few changes, also to the slime girls. http://prntscr.com/lu074u

EDIT: just tested with the current available version and I see the problem. Should be fixed next update

Last edited:
Top Bottom