• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Bags

WHOni

Terrarian
icon.png

Discord Server: Join the Bags Mod Discord Server!

Hey o/,
I decided to share my mod here because why not.

First of all: The Bags Mod ONLY works with Calamity enabled, it is supposed to be an add-on for Vanilla+Calamity and wouldn't really make sense without Calamity.

Contents: This is a very simple mod, but practical. It adds 38 different Bags that all have unique drops and dropchances. They drop from all enemies (except from ones spawned by statues) and which one drops depends of the last Boss in the default progression of Calamity which has been killed, for example: If King Slime, Desert Scourge and Crabulon were killed, Post-Crabulon Bags can drop. They drop with a chance from 5-10 %, depends of how easy it is to farm enemies in the current stage of the game.

It also adds a new Town NPC, who can arrive as soon as any boss has been killed. This NPC has a shop with informational items that tell you useful things about the Bags.

There are three new commands:
-/bag: Shows all drops, chances and amounts of the bags right now.
-/bagt: Shows all drops, chances and amounts of any tier. (Usage: /bagt [Tier (1-36)])
-/baghelp: Explains what all the different colors in /bag and /bagt mean.
This was made so you don't have to hope for something to be able to be dropped by bags if you are farming for something specific, instead you can actually know it.

Another small change: NPCs sell Ammunition Bags, for example a Musket Ball Bag which can be bought and drop a stack Musket Balls, this makes buying ammo way less tiring.

Purpose: This Mod was created with the purpose to put the focus a bit more on action and a bit less on farming and waiting. It doesn't make the game easier, it is just practical and saves time.

Version: 1.7.1 (TML 0.11.6.2)
The Mod may be updated, for example if I realize something drops too much or too rare. (If someone actually happens to play this and thinks something is too rare or too common or whatever, just let me know.)

v1.1:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.2.107 (Rogue Update)

v1.2:
-Added a Post-Yharon Phase 1 Bag
-Enemies in the buffed Solar Eclipse can now drop a Darksun Fragment after the buffed Mothron has been killed
-Reduced drop-rates of bags for enemies in Lunar Events

v1.3:
-Added /bag, /bagt and /baghelp commands
-Made some drops dependent from other bosses so you can't
skip bosses but still get their weapons
-Some rare or strong enemies/minibosses now drop bags
with a higher chance

v1.4:
-Fixed a bug which caused some critters to drop bags in v1.3

v1.4.1:
-Fixed a mistake in the Post-Skeletron Prime Bag

v1.5:
-Normal enemies in the buffed Solar Eclipse can't drop
Darksun Fragments anymore again because Calamity added
the same thing in 1.4.2.108

v1.6:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.2.111

v1.6.1:
-Updated /bag and /bagt

v1.7:
-Compatibility with Calamity 1.4.3.1

v1.7.1:
-Fixed Fargo's Soul Mod causing a bug with bag drops

The Bags Mod can be found in the Mod Browser, named "Bags", "by Jonas".

Last edited:
The Post-Skeletron Bag always gives a Neptune's Shell and a Moon Stone (both at once) on every use. Shouldn't the loot be a bit more varied?

Redeement

Terrarian
Hey,
First of all, I love your mod. Thanks for making it.

Secondly, I have a weird issue with this and Fargo's Souls mod where equipping some of the enchantments from that mod makes all dropped bags be post-supreme calamitas, regardless of game progression.
Specifically I noticed it happens with the Aerospec and Victide enchantments.

To me this smells like an out-of-bounds array defaulting to its last index, but I have no idea how either of your mods are implemented.

WHOni

Terrarian
Hey,

Secondly, I have a weird issue with this and Fargo's Souls mod where equipping some of the enchantments from that mod makes all dropped bags be post-supreme calamitas, regardless of game progression.

To me this smells like an out-of-bounds array defaulting to its last index, but I have no idea how either of your mods are implemented.
Hey! I'm very glad to see positive feedback!

I will take a look at it soon, I never played with Fargo's Souls mod before and don't know how it all works at all but I will try to figure something out. Can't guarantee to find a fix for this though.

Anyway, thank you for the report, if I happen to find the issue, I will let you know and update the mod.

WHOni

Terrarian
Hey,

I looked into it now, the problem were just a few lines i forgot to remove after testing, sorry about that. Thank you for letting me know, it's fixed now!

Redeement

Terrarian
Thank you for fixing it!
Your mod is brilliant, and deals with the tedium of going through your Nth playthrough so nicely.
The only thing I wish is I could choose what bag will drop, because sometimes(chlorophyte ore) you really want what was being dropped by the previous bag :p

Redeement

Terrarian
Have you considered a recipe to turn a bag into a bag of the previous tier, so you can keep looking for a certain drop after it leaves the bag pool?
Specifically just crafting them into lower tiers, not higher ones.

Really the main reason I'm asking for this is that trying to farm Cnirdions for the Transformer is a pain, especially with how quickly the desert scourge/cnidrion drops leave the bags.

WHOni

Terrarian
I have planned a few new things for v1.8, I thought about this too already, though I'm not sure about it yet. I can't guarantee anything so far but maybe it will be a thing.

Redeement

Terrarian
While I'm on the suggestion train, a nice QoL would be for /bag and /bagt would tell you what numerical tier the bag you're at is.
When comparing bags, I frequently forget what tier I need to be looking up or am at, and have to go through the list.

WHOni

Terrarian
You can go to the shop of the Bag Guide, on the last paper in there are all the numbers, that should help.

Top Bottom