tModLoader Bame's Vanilla Rebalancing

dungeon guardian is vulnerable to heavy burn, not sure if this is intended or not but makes him really easy to beat.
also, would you consider adding a weird balloons accessory to your mod, I think this could provide some interesting prehardmode mobility options.

dungeon guardian is vulnerable to heavy burn, not sure if this is intended or not but makes him really easy to beat.
also, would you consider adding a weird balloons accessory to your mod, I think this could provide some interesting prehardmode mobility options.

The first issue is a very low priority on my list, but I will fix it once I feel like I have enough content for another update.

I have a strict "no new content" rule for this mod, so I won't be adding another bundle of balloons.

For some reason when all the vanity slots are being used my character cant move (and if I equip something in vanity slot at the air I get stuck on the air) and my character looks like he is not using the vanity slots, but if I remove 1 item it works fine, at first I tought it was antisocial problem, but only happens when im using this mod, even using this mod only and nothing more it happens.

As you can see here in the first image I have a skull and in the second even if I have the skull and the bee outfit it doesnt show, and you cant really apreciate it but in the second image im stuck in the air, also if I stay like that the game will crash with an error. I'm using tmodloader 64, maybe that is the issue?
Captura1.JPG
Captura2.JPG
Captura3.JPG

Edit: I tried with a new character and it works with all vanity being used, the only difference between the 2 characters is the number of max accesory, one is a new character so it has 8 slots and the other has 9 after consuming demon heart, the one with the 9 max accesory is the one with the problems.

Edit2: with the new character I tried to use an item that gives me another accessory slot (like Calamity or MoreAcessories+) and now its not working, it gets stuck if all accesories are used, but withouth this mod works with all accessories used.

Last edited:
For some reason when all the vanity slots are being used my character cant move (and if I equip something in vanity slot at the air I get stuck on the air) and my character looks like he is not using the vanity slots, but if I remove 1 item it works fine, at first I tought it was antisocial problem, but only happens when im using this mod, even using this mod only and nothing more it happens.

As you can see here in the first image I have a skull and in the second even if I have the skull and the bee outfit it doesnt show, and you cant really apreciate it but in the second image im stuck in the air, also if I stay like that the game will crash with an error. I'm using tmodloader 64, maybe that is the issue?
View attachment 276190View attachment 276191View attachment 276192

Edit: I tried with a new character and it works with all vanity being used, the only difference between the 2 characters is the number of max accesory, one is a new character so it has 8 slots and the other has 9 after consuming demon heart, the one with the 9 max accesory is the one with the problems.

Edit2: with the new character I tried to use an item that gives me another accessory slot (like Calamity or MoreAcessories+) and now its not working, it gets stuck if all accesories are used, but withouth this mod works with all accessories used.

This is the second time Antisocial and other extra accessory slots cause problems with my mod lol

I will look into this.

I really, REALLY like this Mod! Vanilla balancing is my favorite type of mod, and have been doing a calamity playthrough, enjoying all of the changes to accessories and melee weapons that come with this mod. However, around the beginning of Hardmode, i noticed i started moving super slow when i finally crafted the Ankh shield and that i had gotten a debuff called encumbered since i had reached 115 defense with 10% damage resistance. I tried searching the internet as to what caused this debuff, but couldn't find it, and then started to toggle mods to see which one caused it. I had found out that it was caused by this mod and had come to two options, either disable the mod for the rest of the playthrough until AFTER MOONLORD ( i havent even fought a single harmode boss yet), or completely remake my class from a melee tank with all warding reforges.

I have chosen to do the first option, as playing tanky as possible is my favorite across any video game. I understand the reason for the encumbered debuff for vanilla playthroughs, since defense and damage resistance make expert mode a cakewalk, but when it comes to mods like Calamity, it is just as balanced as going full damage, since so many things deal enough damage to punch through your defense, especially on Death mode.

I hope that a toggle option for the changes to defense that come with this mod is added, since i would really like to play with the amazing additions to weapons and accessories :)

really, REALLY like this Mod! Vanilla balancing is my favorite type of mod, and have been doing a calamity playthrough, enjoying all of the changes to accessories and melee weapons that come with this mod. However, around the beginning of Hardmode, i noticed i started moving super slow when i finally crafted the Ankh shield and that i had gotten a debuff called encumbered since i had reached 115 defense with 10% damage resistance. I tried searching the internet as to what caused this debuff, but couldn't find it, and then started to toggle mods to see which one caused it. I had found out that it was caused by this mod and had come to two options, either disable the mod for the rest of the playthrough until AFTER MOONLORD ( i havent even fought a single harmode boss yet), or completely remake my class from a melee tank with all warding reforges.

I have chosen to do the first option, as playing tanky as possible is my favorite across any video game. I understand the reason for the encumbered debuff for vanilla playthroughs, since defense and damage resistance make expert mode a cakewalk, but when it comes to mods like Calamity, it is just as balanced as going full damage, since so many things deal enough damage to punch through your defense, especially on Death mode.

I hope that a toggle option for the changes to defense that come with this mod is added, since i would really like to play with the amazing additions to weapons and accessories :)

Just released an update, you can now turn the soft limit off entirely if you want to.

This looks GOOD!
What will happen to Terrasparks when 1.4 is out?
and flails
and... anything else that 1.4 added?

Last edited:
OK here are some things I suggest for 1.4:
  1. Revert your flail buff a bit
  2. Improve AI for the Finch and Desert Tiger staves
  3. Make Dreadnautilus a bit easier
  4. Make Dreadnautilus drop Sanguine Staff a bit more frequently
  5. Add the new Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders abilities to Terraspark Boots
  6. Maybe buff Terraspark Boots (e.g extra stats) but make them require a Broken Hero Sword (just makes sense)
  7. Buff Arkhalis
  8. Change Terragrim to be the same as your old Arkhalis
If I get another idea I'll edit.

Some bugs/visual oddities I've found

The icicle's from the frost staff target the top left corner of enemies, change target.position to target.Center

Unholy trident looks really wierd when it shrinks, it's almost invisisble, and then when it is destroyed the dust looks like its size hasn't changed.

fix the small boulder's hitbox

The mini eaters from the light's bane spawn at an awkward location.

Be careful when you reuse projectiles...
Also keep in mind that the critical chance of a projectile is based on the class of the projectile itself not the weapon so these all use magic critical chance.

Ichor/cursed flames aren't consumed when used by flamethrowers.

The icicle's from the frost staff target the top left corner of enemies, change target.position to target.Center

So THAT'S what I thought was off about their trajectory. This is really good to know.

Unholy trident looks really wierd when it shrinks, it's almost invisisble, and then when it is destroyed the dust looks like its size hasn't changed.

tfw projectile.scale -= 0.9f instead of projectile.scale *= 0.9f

fix the small boulder's hitbox

Draw offset ftw

The mini eaters from the light's bane spawn at an awkward location.

Ok, so these used to go in a " \ " path before, and I recently changed that to go in a straight line because I thought it looked odd. What I didn't change was the max height at which they could spawn, so they ended up appearing way too high sometimes. They now appear from the hit enemy, much like Scourge of the Corruptor, because that's cleaner.

Be careful when you reuse projectiles...

Fun Fact: Cosmic Stingies also trigger this set bonus and I don't think anyone realized.

Also keep in mind that the critical chance of a projectile is based on the class of the projectile itself not the weapon so these all use magic critical chance.

That is something I was not aware of, good to know.

Ichor/cursed flames aren't consumed when used by flamethrowers.

That's intentional, actually. It looks and feels odd but... if they were consumed it would be way too much of a pain to get this ammo and I have a strict "no new items" rule with this mod so I won't add a new item for this role, and there is nothing else in vanilla that would really fit.

Every other issue here is fixed now.

Last edited:
I have some more rebalance ideas for non-1.4 things, most aren't weapons because you did an excellent job with those:
  • GOLEM. I was surprised you didn't give him a big fat buff.
  • THE TIER 3 OLD ONE'S ARMY. So many people say it's harder than the Lunar Events, and I agree (even in Normal Mode, with a Solar Eruption, the T3 Ballista, and Solar Armour, plus another player with Stardust Armor and a Stardust Dragon IN VANILLA -so post Stardust and Solar buffs- I struggled).
  • THE OOAT3 WEAPONS. They're a tiny bit obsolete by the time T3 is unlocked, except maybe the one that inflicts Betsy's Curse. I saw you had buffed the Flying Dragon, but I think the others deserve one too really.
  • KING SLIME: I find him harder than the Eye, but that might just be me. The problem is he teleports on you all the time, and has pretty high damage...
  • BEENADES: I'm kidding. Please don't nerf the only reliable way to kill the Wall.
  • THE UNDERWORLD: Easier to survive than the Jungle Caverns. It should be more difficult.
  • UNDERGROUND JUNGLE ENEMIES: The enemies in the UGJ make it harder to survive than the UW. It should be less difficult.
And some more 1.4 stuff:
  • UNDERGROUND DESERT: 1.4 made this way too hard. Mainly the rolling cacti.
  • FLAME WAKER BOOTS: The lava trail could harm enemies for 5 damage (ignoring Defence) and inflict Strong Fire.
  • HELLFIRE TREADS: These would now have the Lava Wader buffed effects, and the buffed Flame Waker effects rolled into one item.
  • TERRASPARK BOOTS: I wasn't really that clear about how I thought to change them.
    • Now has the same bonuses as the newly-improved Frostsparks and Treads (not Waders) but buffed
      • Running ability (35% faster and 50% faster to charge than Frostsparks)
      • Flying (3x longer and 1.5x faster than Frostsparks)
      • 1.1x increased Wing time and speed
      • Quick acceleration
      • 2x movement speed
      • Water, Lava and Honey walking
      • Lava immunity
      • More powerful Frog Leg effect
      • Leaves a trail of green 'terraflames' that harm enemies for 20 damage (again ignoring defence) and inflicting a buffed Dryad's Bane (from the Dryad's attack)
    • Has a changed crafting recipe
      • Main requirements:
        • Hellfire Treads x1
        • Frostspark Boots x1
      • However, it also requires some other items to "pay" for this now OP item:
        • Broken Hero Sword x2 (one for each boot)
        • Chlorophyte Bars x15
        • Soul of Light x40
        • Soul of Night x40
    • These are of course subject to change/balance.
As before, if I think of more, I'll say so.

Back
Top Bottom