NPCs & Enemies Banner rewarder NPC

ppowersteef

Paladin
Ever had that time where you're exploring a cave, a dungeon or the deep jungle looking for loot, you fight some enemies to protect yourself, or you just fight an invasion,
and then this happened:
"You have defeated the 50th Moth"
"You have defeated the 200th Star Cell"
"You have defeated the 2300th Blue Slime"

And then, you have a banner that you probably want to use later, so it's secretly filling up your valuable amount of inventory space.

Well, here I am with a possible solution of that, the Banner Rewarder NPC:

The NPC will have a possible change to spawn if there's no other NPC that need to appear, except the Party Girl.
I've no sprite of him, bit I imagine a dapper man with a mustache ready to reward you with something.

When you kill a 50th enemy, the Banner Rewarder will have the banner you've just earned in his storage.
If you talk to the Banner Rewarder, you can have access to his storage of banners, where you can pick up the ones you've earned,
The storage will be as big as the amount of enemies in game. and it's quite similair to the way you can choose a hairstyle of the stylist. So you don't have to worry of his inventory getting filled up. The same banners will also stack, so the same banner won't fill up a different slot.

Eventually, if you rather prefer the normal method (which will be useful for farming monsters), you can talk to him to set his service off, that would also be his default settings. The message you get when you got a banner will be unaffected by this.

Thoughts about this? Eventually also some things that improve his function as NPC? (quotes, attack against monsters ect.) let me know what you think about this.

Last edited:
Yes, yes and YES! I freaking love it! That's the exact scenario that happens to me! SUPPORT!!!!!
The NPC will have a possible change to spawn
What is the percentage of his spawn rate? Spawn rate of a normal NPC(spawns immediately after conditions are met) or the spawn rate of the traveling merchant?

Yes, yes and YES! I freaking love it! That's the exact scenario that happens to me! SUPPORT!!!!!

What is the percentage of his spawn rate? Spawn rate of a normal NPC(spawns immediately after conditions are met) or the spawn rate of the traveling merchant?
Well, if the requirements are met, then I think it has a slightly lower chance to spawn than other NPC's but that won't be too much.

Back
Top Bottom