Pixel Art Beginner Spriting Guide

Added. Although it could probably use a better explanation than I provided and a smaller picture.
To make a perfectly curved line with no jaggies, make sure the "steps" of the line get continuously smaller or larger. For example, the length of the lines in this picture goes 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4
nojaggies.png

Even when not making a perfectly curved line, it's very important that you draw it with a uniform length of pixels. Jaggies are often caused by certain segments in a line being too short or too long.

(You don't have to add that word for word, that's just how I would explain it)

Hmm for some reason it says this page is unprotected on chrome and any other forum is protected, other than that nice guide

My my Balduran, this guide is very lengthy and equally as informative. If I ever try to sprite, I'll be sure to consult this thread when in need of help.

another crappy sprite:
YqpGrCV.png
What do you expect me to do, argue the opposite? The first sprite needs to be outlined a bit darker, and the second needs its outlines done in a color other than black. I believe Balduran said it herself: no black outlines.

ok, thanks i'm some lazy and i ignored some steps, i only want to you to see my crappy sprites :(

ok, "fixed" it:
NeD4tEp.png
TfVZNWQ.png
Sorry for the Size, i only have doing sprites for 1:30 hours :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1415307002][/DOUBLEPOST]if you dont see the outline of the sword, i outline it but i don´t know why it doesnt sees
Edit: i'm blind

ok, "fixed" it:
NeD4tEp.png
TfVZNWQ.png
Sorry for the Size, i only have doing sprites for 1:30 hours :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1415307002][/DOUBLEPOST]if you dont see the outline of the sword, i outline it but i don´t know why it doesnt sees
Edit: i'm blind
It's not that hard to get them the right size, just make them twice as big.

Back
Top Bottom