tAPI berberborscing's Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The merchant is trying to sell me question marks and he says they are berberborscing:SummonerOrb. What do?

The merchant is trying to sell me question marks and he says they are berberborscing:SummonerOrb. What do?
Going to be fixed in the new update. Many items are going to be renamed / changed in this newest update, so you might lose them. If you don't want to lose the following items, don't uninstall this mod and get the next update alongside it:
-Consumer Cape
-Heart Scale
-Lantern (Makes the Mining Helmet obsolete)
-Magical Horn (Too OP)
-Meteor Chunk
-Night Veil
-Spy Watch (Unintentional effect of making ranged weapons OP)
-Twilight Veil
-Vampire Veil
-Nanite Armor
-Support Orb (This will be replaced by 6 new orbs)
-Gatling Laser + Energy Cells
-Encircler (Replaced by Party Rifle)
-Repulsor Ray
-Sandstorm
-Spooky Wood Bow
-Minilaser
-Both baseball bat weapons
-Grappling Gun
-Hellstone Brick Wall
-All backpacks (Don't worry, backpacks aren't being removed)
[By keeping the mod, you keep these items. This list is subject to change. The items listed are not present in the next update. They will be unsupported after the update]

Last edited:
Going to be fixed in the new update. Many items are going to be renamed / changed in this newest update, so you might lose them. If you don't want to lose the following items, don't uninstall this mod and get the next update alongside it
[By keeping the mod, you keep these items. This list is subject to change. The items listed are not present in the next update. They will be unsupported after the update]
so is the next update gonna have a replacement for all those items? because if so i am beyond hyped! :eek:

Going to be fixed in the new update. Many items are going to be renamed / changed in this newest update, so you might lose them. If you don't want to lose the following items, don't uninstall this mod and get the next update alongside it:
-Consumer Cape
-Heart Scale
-Lantern (Makes the Mining Helmet obsolete)
-Magical Horn (Too OP)
-Meteor Chunk
-Night Veil
-Spy Watch (Unintentional effect of making ranged weapons OP)
-Twilight Veil
-Vampire Veil
-Nanite Armor
-Support Orb (This will be replaced by 6 new orbs)
-Gatling Laser + Energy Cells
-Encircler (Replaced by Party Rifle)
-Repulsor Ray
-Sandstorm
-Spooky Wood Bow
-Minilaser
-Both baseball bat weapons
-Grappling Gun
-Hellstone Brick Wall
-All backpacks (Don't worry, backpacks aren't being removed)
Oh no, my beautiful Helstone Brick Walls !

I know that your Tome of Souls' tool tip warns against using it from your inventory, but I accidentally used it and I had to completely close Terraria and restart it. When I tried to play my character again, I got two different errors on two different attempts.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Shockah.AccSlots.PLDyeAccessories.OnDraw(Terraria.Player player, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.PlayerLayer.Draw(Terraria.Player drawPlayer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayerHead(Terraria.Player drawPlayer, System.Single X, System.Single Y, System.Single Alpha = 1, System.Single Scale = 1)
at Terraria.Main.DrawMap()
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.<.cctor>b__6(TAPI.InterfaceLayer layer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer+Action.OnDraw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.InterfaceLayer.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawInterface()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TAPI.CodableItem.<Setup>b__0(TAPI.ModItem m)
at TAPI.HookBuilder`2.Build()
at TAPI.HookBuilder`2.Build( list, func, hookDefault = )
at TAPI.CodableItem.Build( func)
at TAPI.CodableItem.Setup()
at TAPI.CodableItem.SetupModEntities()
at Terraria.Item.SetDefaults(System.Int32 Type, System.Boolean noMatCheck = False)
at Terraria.Item.netDefaults(System.Int32 type)
at Shockah.AccSlots.MPlayer.PostUpdate()
at TAPI.Hooks.Call(System.Action[] ts)
at TAPI.CodablePlayer.PostUpdate()
at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(System.Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

Fortunately I had backed up my character files before that and simply restored and everything was fine again.

If possible, could you set it so that the buff has a set time limit? I know the purpose of it is to be able to fly around and explore within tiles, but it can really mess things up if you accidentally use it.

Also, the Peanut Butter item doesn't come with a buff when I use it so I have to exit my game (or die) in order to cancel the Jellyfish pet.

Sorry to bother you with all of this and I apologize if you already mentioned anything related to this before, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Update is out! From now on, this mod will have version numbers to keep better track of the mod version.
As of the list of things that got removed, the Magic Horn has not been removed, but nerfed to a range of 10 blocks.
Some of these items may be unbalanced, but that's why you guys play my mod! If you find a weapon to be overpowered or underpowered, tell me and if you want to, suggest a way for it to be nerfed or buffed!

The OP post has been updated with details and reorganized after having a mess-up with the spoilers and glitches with the server.

Update is out! From now on, this mod will have version numbers to keep better track of the mod version.
As of the list of things that got removed, the Magic Horn has not been removed, but nerfed to a range of 10 blocks.
Some of these items may be unbalanced, but that's why you guys play my mod! If you find a weapon to be overpowered or underpowered, tell me and if you want to, suggest a way for it to be nerfed or buffed!

The OP post has been updated with details and reorganized after having a mess-up with the spoilers and glitches with the server.
Oh great, finally an update. I don't have a way to test it right now, but what stuff was removed?

Last edited:
hey! love the update so far! but can you make the slime kings summon item only cost around 5 gold/platinum bars? because wasting 30 gold/platinum bars is $*^%ing insane :eek:...or you could make it so using the slime crown spawns a gold/platinum crown in its place somehow? that way youd only need the gel after the first time? I don't know if that's possible though...you could make the slime king drop a gold crown :D

also have a new very early summoner weapon since the slime staff is now with the slime king..and to be honest ive only seen him twice in my 150+ hours with terraria...;(

furthermore all the bosses drop magical weapons..it would be cool to see multiple weapon types crafted for each..but that's obviously gonna be way down the road :naughty:

ill test this update shortly with a new character and tell you if anything needs balance changes :D

edit: this may be the longest post ive written so far..and ive written over 400 :eek:

Last edited:
Typos in the OP:
Frost Owl : Owl that IS adapted
Pinata: and dropS many gooodies.
Energy: The essence.... CRAFTED from burnable gel
Brain Staff recipe currently: Blank staff+Brain Staff

Suggestion:
Bring back the nano-armour
Jellyfish Staff: (Jelllyfish+Blank Staff) Fires electrocuting jellyfish that stick on enemies. (Pre-hardmode piranha gun)
Machine Gun Tower: Placeable tower that does 1 damage on each hit, but fires fairly quickly. Only targets pre-hardmode mobs. (Made with HM materials).
Increase drop rate of Hungry Hungry. It is rare to get Hungry 2s.

Amazing work!

so...I don't know if its the slime armor or this modded weapon im using but I can only summon 1 piranha at a time! and I have the full slime armor set too ;(

so...I don't know if its the slime armor or this modded weapon im using but I can only summon 1 piranha at a time! and I have the full slime armor set too ;(
For some reason the slime armor isn't working on terms of increasing maximum number of minions

Can I copy something from your items' codes and make my own ones? I am starting mod making and I need something to learn from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom