tModLoader Better Night Sky

Should the moon showcase the dark side or known side of the moon?

• Known side (The one you would see in real life)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Dark side (The other side you would not see)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hmm why is their not a Morning version to match? =p... it would fit well otherwise night would stick out like a sore thumb compared to day.

hmm why is their not a Morning version to match? =p... it would fit well otherwise night would stick out like a sore thumb compared to day.
I'm really not sure what there is to make "nicer" in the day. The only thing I can think of is a better sun.

I'm really not sure what there is to make "nicer" in the day. The only thing I can think of is a better sun.
I can think of two improvements for the day: adding "HD" Clouds and/or adding some/one planet visible during daytime, like this:
Clouds-PNG-Pic.png

and this:
images

If I do end up making a "better day" it's probably going to be an addon mod for this, rather than be a part of it.
[doublepost=1532468191,1532468068][/doublepost]
I can think of two improvements for the day: adding "HD" Clouds and/or adding some/one planet visible during daytime, like this:
images
I'd rather not add a planet at daytime view, since I am trying to maintain some degree of realism in the mod, especially in a very earth-like setting.

anything that adds depth to these pixelated games helps. i'll be the first to be on that if you add a less monochrome sky during the day.

Sorry for the delay on updates, but I promise you that this mod is not abandoned.
I've been sort of busy lately, but here's what I've been doing so far:

- Creating different moon pictures for the different moon varieties (I'm currently working on the green moon's new texture, it's quite hard getting the rings right!)
- Creating an addon for this mod that makes a Better Daytime, with simply a brighter, bigger sun and perhaps better clouds.
- Repositioning some celestial objects in the sky a little bit
- Fixing bugs

The green moon will actually be put into a separate addon file, it stands out during the night and might not appeal to many people.

7c2a158c-76ed-11e8-a1e5-1d6c9ec0f482.gif

Better Night Sky

A simple mod that makes your night sky look nicer.

This mod:
Improves the texture of the moon,
Changes Vanilla Terraria's cap of 130 stars to a blistering 1200 stars,
Adds 13 different real-life celestial objects into the sky other than stars, included in this list:

Mars
Saturn
Jupiter
Mercury
Uranus
The Crab Nebula
The Andromeda Galaxy
The Cat's Eye Nebula
The Carina Nebula
The Triangulum Galaxy
The Large Magellanic Cloud
The Small Magellanic Cloud
The Helix Nebula

Before:
af2ebfbd-7b31-11e8-b892-0d8ca5da912d.gif

After:
7028779e-7b32-11e8-8fe5-0d8ca5da912d.gif

Let me know of any bugs you find. This mod should work in multiplayer.

Next update will add the remaining 2 moon star varieties.

Available on the Mod Browser.
This mod is open source! Here's the repository on GitHub.
Mediafire link:
Here.

If you'd like to discuss the mod with others on discord, head over to my server:
https://discord.gg/CRjMu7C

Make sure to leave feedback!
Sometimes when mods are initializing, Terraria crashes when this mod is initializing. It's incredibly annoying, because the game's screen doesn't disappear, so I have to restart my computer.

I love this mode, it makes the night sky more noticeable. One pet peeve I have though, is that the moon shrinks when it's full. It's not very noticeable unless you cycle the moon phase with mods.

My game has been crashing recently and once this mod was removed and everything else stayed the same, it stopped crashing. There's something currently wrong with the mod that needs fixing.

Attachments

• client.log
    16.3 KB · Views: 141
Hey!

Better Night Sky has a new hopefully fixed version with no or much less crashes. The download is available on the discord server, and a mod browser version will be up soon.
Thanks for your patience.

Better Night Sky v1.1.1 has been released and is available on the discord server and on the mod browser. Enjoy!

Happy new years!
Better Night Sky v1.2.0 is now up on the mod browser and also available for download on the mod discord.

Changelog:
- Mercury has been replaced with Venus, and it shines more brightly now
- Barnard's loop has been added to the sky. It's quite faint, but a keen eye would be able to spot it somewhere around the middle
- Crab nebula has been replaced with the Bug Nebula
- The globular cluster M80 has been added (this is the first globular cluster ever added by Better Night Sky). You'll have to fly up quite high to spot it!

I'd also like to thank you all for your support. Over the past month, the discord server somehow blew up into 60 members. I have other interesting projects coming up soon, so stay tuned!
20191231234836_1.jpg

7c2a158c-76ed-11e8-a1e5-1d6c9ec0f482.gif

Better Night Sky

A simple mod that makes your night sky look nicer.

This mod:
Improves the texture of the moon,
Changes Vanilla Terraria's cap of 130 stars to a blistering 1200 stars,
Adds 13 different real-life celestial objects into the sky other than stars, included in this list:

Venus
Saturn
Jupiter
Mercury
Uranus
The Bug Nebula
The Andromeda Galaxy
The Cat's Eye Nebula
The Carina Nebula
Barnard's Loop
The Triangulum Galaxy
The Large Magellanic Cloud
The Small Magellanic Cloud
The Helix Nebula
Messier 80

Before:
af2ebfbd-7b31-11e8-b892-0d8ca5da912d.gif

After:
View attachment 232707

Let me know of any bugs you find. This mod should work in multiplayer.

Next update, the mod will become client-sided, so you can install it and join modded servers without needing the server to install it.

Available on the Mod Browser.
This mod is open source! Here's the repository on GitHub.
Mediafire link:
Here.

If you'd like to discuss the mod with others on discord, head over to my server:
Join the Trivaxy's Mods Discord Server!

Make sure to leave feedback!
Looks good

Back
Top Bottom