Game Mechanics Better potion decomposition through shimmer

TurboClide

Terrarian
Normally you get only 33% of ingridients. I have a suggesstion.

Two option. At least one must be TRUE for potions to give only 66% materials after shimmering.

• Skeletron in current world is defeated. That's because after Skeletron you can get Alchemy Table for Potion Economy.
  • After entering Hardmode. Because you can buy Bewitching Table and shimmer it to Alchemy Table.
i.e. by decomposing Potions via shimmer before Skeletron is defeated AND before entering Hardmode Player will get 100% of potion materials.
For example, if Player threw Ironskin potion in shimmer he'll get Water Bottle, Daybloom and Iron Ore.

Player gets 100% potion ingredients only Pre-Hardmode and Pre-Skeletron.

This idea will mostly be useful for Skyblocks with shimmer.
Also there are no abuses with this suggestion. On the countary, it's honest to get all ingredients back before you can craft potion with 33% less materials.

UPDATE: Alchemy & Bewithcing table could be made unbreakable if there are Dungeon walls behind them, before defeating Skeletron.

Last edited:
And if I hoik into the dungeon and nab an alchemy table early I can.....
yeah.

I like the idea of preserving materials without risk of losing vital parts, but the circumstances where that is really important are quite rare and all of the flags thrown in to prevent cheese (which is not even prevented) make it quite confusing to understand without being told.

And if I hoik into the dungeon and nab an alchemy table early I can.....
yeah.

I like the idea of preserving materials without risk of losing vital parts, but the circumstances where that is really important are quite rare and all of the flags thrown in to prevent cheese (which is not even prevented) make it quite confusing to understand without being told.
Let's not confuse people that will read this thread.

Forget about hoik. Hoik is OP cheat in my opinion, and with this 'feature' you can cheese the whole game.

Also, this addition is mainly for Skyblocks. I've typed this. Skyblocks, where there is no Dungeon.

UPDATE: Devs can make Alchemy and Bewitching tables unbreakable before Skeletron.

That can remain your belief, but hoiks are an endorsed feature of the game.
Even disregarding hoiks, with proper preparation everything is easy if you know how it works, for that reason making a hoik is no different to making an asphalt running way, worldwide minecart, timed teleporter loop or tank build. If you want to make the game hard, that is in your hands, be it restricting yourself, playing a higher difficulty or both.

That can remain your belief, but hoiks are an endorsed feature of the game.
Even disregarding hoiks, with proper preparation everything is easy if you know how it works, for that reason making a hoik is no different to making an asphalt running way, worldwide minecart, timed teleporter loop or tank build. If you want to make the game hard, that is in your hands, be it restricting yourself, playing a higher difficulty or both.
Don't change the subject. We are talking about potion decomposing here.

That is relevant though, as much as I like the idea you need to account for everything that players will do with it. It is just not right in any scenario to close your eyes and imagine that something will not happen.

UPDATE: Alchemy & Bewithcing table could be made unbreakable if there are Dungeon walls behind them, before defeating Skeletron.
And if I hoik into the dungeon i can just autopause and craft as many potions as i want

And i can also beat Skeletron, grab an Alchemy Table and make a pre-hardmode world

And if I hoik into the dungeon i can just autopause and craft as many potions as i want

And i can also beat Skeletron, grab an Alchemy Table and make a pre-hardmode world
With this logic you can just take unlimited amount of potions from other worlds.
In my opinion hoik and travelling between worlds is illegal.

"I don't approve of this" doesn't cut it for excusing an item duplication exploit. If you believe that your suggestion should be part of the game you need to address possibilities of things everyone will do.
And in a way, doing nothing about this will only give users of hoiks validation by giving them a duplication exploit.

With this logic you can just take unlimited amount of potions from other worlds.
In my opinion hoik and travelling between worlds is illegal.
It's different. For this you have to use an old world or Builder's Workshop, it can be considered cheating. With this change all you need is a new world, no progress, nothing, just your current character. What stops people from using these 2?

Back
Top Bottom