Items Better Ways To Get Items

Which point(s) you agree with?

• Total voters
The only suggestions that are related to RNG here are the golem and plantera, the others are just normal suggestions.
Also @Yoraiz0r liked the original thread on TO (but that was ages ago), so that might be a thing...
Oops, sorry, meant to quote this before posting:
Boss drops:-

Golem:-
Now the golem will drop Golem's Core
index.php
(100% chance) instead of the following items:-
Picksaw.png
Picksaw:
crafting: 1
index.php
+ 1
Pickaxe_Axe.png
(at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
new items!!
index.php
chaindrill:
index.php
+ 1
Drax.png
(at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
lihzahrd stone:
index.php
have a 100% to be dropped by the golem in a stack of (20-30)
old items, again:-
Stynger.png
Stynger:
index.php
+ 1
Grenade_Launcher.png
+ 20
index.php
lihzahrd stone (at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
Possessed_Hatchet.png
Possessed hatchet:
index.php
+ 8
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
+ 20
index.php
lihzahrd stone (at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
Sun_Stone.png
Sun stone:
index.php
+ 15
Topaz.png
(at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
Eye_of_the_Golem.png
Eye of the golem:
index.php
+ 5
Ruby.png
(at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
Heat_Ray.png
Heat ray:
index.php
+ 1
Space_Gun.png
+ 6
Glass.png
(at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
Staff_of_Earth.png
Staff of earth:
index.php
+ 1
index.php
lihzahrd boulder + 8
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
(at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)
Lihzahrd boulder:
index.php
Boulder.png
+ 6
index.php
lihzahrd stone (at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace) notes: does more damage than normal boulders (100-200)
Golem_Fist.png
Golem fist:
index.php
+ 20
Chain.png
+ 30
index.php
lihzahrd stone (at a
Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
lihzahrd furnace)

Plantera:-
Now plantera will drop Plantera Pollen
index.php
(100% chance) instead of the following items:-
Grenade_Launcher.png
Grenade launcher:
index.php
+ 20
Iron_Bar.png
/
Lead_Bar.png
+ 1
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png

Venus_Magnum.png
Venus magnum:
index.php
+ 1
Phoenix_Blaster.png
+ 1
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
+ 16
Chlorophyte_Ore.png

Nettle_Burst.png
Nettle burst:
index.php
+ 5
index.php
+ 5
Vine.png
+ 1
Nature%27s_Gift.png

Leaves:
index.php
uncommon drop from jungle bushes, 100% chance to drop one leaves from leaf block.
Leaf_Blower.png
Leaf blower:
index.php
+ 30
index.php
+ 3
Vine.png
+ 6
Glass.png

Flower_Pow.png
Flower pow:
index.php
+ 1
Dao_of_Pow.png
+ 5
Jungle_Spores.png
+ 5
index.php

Wasp_Gun.png
Wasp gun:
index.php
+ 1
Bee_Gun.png
So... uh... yeah...
:cool:
Peace.

I dunno man, i mean for one i really do love your idea since it adds extra time to our game but, it takes one thing that i love about terraria, which is the pure RNG madness of it. Altough i do love the thought you put into this, i dont think i could +1 this.

By the way, Fishron and the Moons. They need a non-"if RNG feels like it!" way to get their drops.

Of course, I expect people to say only one "special" item per RNG object is "OP" because beating the same boss fifty times apparently is harder than beating it once... Hint: No, it's not. Time wasted doing something =! difficulty.
I think I once saw a meme that said "I don't always kill Duke Fishron, but when I do, I use a flairon." That sums grinding up pretty well- now the fight is easy with the items you got, but you have to keep killing it a lot- which is boring. Good thing this idea will cut down on that.

General support, really like the ideas, partial RNG solution, will be farming bosses forever if this is added in. I don't like the Chlorophyte Spear used in the Mushroom Spear, or the Hammush... Kinda like them being sold I'm not sure. Finally, shouldn't the flame lance be crafted with hellstone? Theres no Nights Edge crafting material from shadow chests, so... Yea. Thats all :)

I don't like the Chlorophyte Spear used in the Mushroom Spear, or the Hammush... Kinda like them being sold I'm not sure.
Well that's your opinion
Finally, shouldn't the flame lance be crafted with hellstone? Theres no Nights Edge crafting material from shadow chests, so... Yea. Thats all :)
Because this suggestion removes the dark lance from shadow chests so I felt that putting the flame lance in shadow chests is necessary because it doesn't have much loot and hellstone already has so much recipes.

What is funnier.

Defeating a boss and get a random drop, and have that adrenaline of like OMG IT'S A LIME ITEM .... but it isn't what I want

Or always drop a material like this and then proceed to craft stuff?

IMO I think random drops are funnier and better, but eh

I personally enjoy RNG so I'm not entirely a fan of this idea- however I can see the merit to those who have the worse luck with luck in general- if the Terraria Crew ever decide to add something like this. Perhaps it could be the line between a certain mode/difficulty. Higher difficulty- RNG based, lower difficulty- items to craft the stuff. Doesn't stop anyone from trading items from an easier account to a harder account but I feel like it would give people more options and allow for a happier community all together.

The idea itself is great; I like how it adds items and fixes things that other players have problems with. As I said before it's not my cup of tea but maybe some option could be a thing at the very least to allow for a bit more ease of access for other players. Great job overall though; ʇɐqʇᴉnɹℲ.
This is how I felt originally, but when I thought about it, it just makes more sense.
Though, I think the crafting stations should be more than just one per world if they're required.

Personally though, to make up for this, I think the bosses should include more vanity items as a result. I do enjoy RNG, and I would miss it being removed in this manner, but having to grind a boss countless times to get the next upgrade for an item (see Axe, or Picksaw) is highly frustrating, and as was pointed out, time spent doing something doesn't make it hard, just annoying.

So, I also propose boss outfits as well as masks. Maybe make the core/pollen act as present/bag style loot as well. So you could use it for the crafting things, or open it and have a chance to receive certain items.

@Elate I said in the OP that you have to at least find one of each crafting station in a world.
Also why's everybody's feedback are about the golem and plantera stuff :/ when I first made this thread I didn't do these bosses changes for the RNG I've done it because I thought crafting fits these more than dropping. But ok, having more vanity is always good.
And about the cores being presents/bags.. I think that would be the same as keeping the drops dropped and adding the core/pollen, I dunno about that idea though.

What is funnier.

Defeating a boss and get a random drop, and have that adrenaline of like OMG IT'S A LIME ITEM .... but it isn't what I want

Or always drop a material like this and then proceed to craft stuff?

IMO I think random drops are funnier and better, but eh
opinions are good. but I wonder what do you think about the rest the suggestion.

I think that it is a well-done suggestion, I like getting random drops

As I've seen in the comments before, making the Tiki armor/Leaf wings/anything else would make the Witch Doctor pretty useless, will you add a Pygmy necklace crafting recipe too? :D

I think that it is a well-done suggestion, I like getting random drops

As I've seen in the comments before, making the Tiki armor/Leaf wings/anything else would make the Witch Doctor pretty useless, will you add a Pygmy necklace crafting recipe too? :D
nope.
Also I don't know how an NPC that sells venom (which is a pretty useful material) is useless, and even if it become useless I don't see why I should not remove these items from him, most of the other NPCs are far more useless than him with my suggestion and I don't think anybody care about that much.

Last edited:
This is a good idea, and I support the end part of it. However, the upper part is very unnerving.
First of all, this deems the Witch Doctor almost worthless. Its main selling point is to give you summoner armor and the Water Fountains. I support the Hermes Beetle part but I don't support the Tiki Armor and wings parts. The Truffle part is okay though.
Then the parts with the Golem and Plantera. Personally, I think a good way to change this is to have them drop their boss-specific crafting items, and also one of the items that they originally drop. This would make grinding unnecessary, but would still give you the item you've been waiting for. I would have suggested a new crafting recipe for The Axe, since it did need one, but since they're making it more common now I think it would be unnecessary. I'll still throw it out there though:
The Axe (new recipe)
-1 guitar (sold by the Steampunker once Plantera has been defeated, like how the Wizard sells the Harp and the Bell)
-1 Plantera Pollen
-10 souls of Might (Because music rocks)

YUS YUS YUS!! support all over the place!

but, as @Narwhal said, how will we get the axe? a crafting recipe seems to be a little OP since its the best hammer in the game, and just crafting it removes the feeling of being awfuly lucky when you get it. idk, think about it.

First of all, this deems the Witch Doctor almost worthless.
Also I don't know how an NPC that sells venom (which is a pretty useful material) is useless, and most of the other NPCs are far more useless than him with my suggestion and I don't think anybody care about that.
Its main selling point is to give you summoner armor and the Water Fountains.
I don't think that any developer said that it was mainly made for tiki armor and water fountains..
Then the parts with the Golem and Plantera. Personally, I think a good way to change this is to have them drop their boss-specific crafting items, and also one of the items that they originally drop. This would make grinding unnecessary, but would still give you the item you've been waiting for.
I dunno.. getting two items in one fight doesn't seem right, even if you have to craft the other item.
I would have suggested a new crafting recipe for The Axe, since it did need one, but since they're making it more common now I think it would be unnecessary. I'll still throw it out there though:
The Axe (new recipe)
-1 guitar (sold by the Steampunker once Plantera has been defeated, like how the Wizard sells the Harp and the Bell)
-1 Plantera Pollen
-10 souls of Might (Because music rocks)
but, as @Narwhal said, how will we get the axe? a crafting recipe seems to be a little OP since its the best hammer in the game, and just crafting it removes the feeling of being awfuly lucky when you get it. idk, think about it.
no it doesn't need a recipe, because it's an easter egg (check the wiki page for the axe/plantera)

I don't think that any developer said that it was mainly made for tiki armor and water fountains..

I dunno.. getting two items in one fight doesn't seem right, even if you have to craft the other item.
no it doesn't need a recipe, because it's an easter egg (check the wiki page for the axe/plantera)

It's not an easter egg..

Just cuz it's rare it doesn't mean its a easter egg

First of all, if you're talking about that kind of stuff it is mainly a refference, or a tribute, but never a easter egg

Easter egg is something that the devolopers hide from the players with a reward on the end.

"Oh, but the Axe is a reward and it's "hidden" as a rare drop!"

The key molds are even more rare

Robot Hat?

Hmm?

Back
Top Bottom