NPCs & Enemies Biblio Monstrum: Informations on Monsters, such as health, items, etc.

Which of the two options seems more appealing to you?

• Total voters

Alucard3598

Steampunker
Before you ask, yes, the name is a reference to Monsters Ate my Birthday Cake.

My first suggestion thread involves either an item or an in-game menu similar to the map function.

It would behave in a similar fashion to the monster info sheets from other games, most notably this thread is inspired by the "Metroidvania" Castlevania titles.

Reference from Aria of Sorrow:

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net...olemaos.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20080831084736

There are two ways this could work:

1. As you defeat enemies, their data will appear in the Biblio Monstrum, such as a reference image, their hit points, weaknesses and resistances (I’ll save that for another discussion), location, coin drops, item drops and a short description. Item drops would only become available as you collect said items from their respective enemies.

2. Upon talking to the guide, he will give you a Biblio Monstrum if you don’t currently have one in your inventory. As you collect banners and trophies, by giving one banner/trophy for one monster to the guide, he will add that enemy’s data to the Biblio Monstrum. The book would work in the same way otherwise.

The Biblio Monstrum would be a way to obtain data on enemies you have defeated, and would be a useful asset for players to access information without having to use a Wiki.

What do YOU think? If you think it’s a good idea, give it a like. If you have any questions, ideas, or respectful objections feel free to leave a comment on the suggestion.

Good idea! You have the wiki though... It would be nice to have a monster wiki in-game.

The less memorization/wiki stuff I gotta do in a game, the better.

I wish more games would have collectable in-game bestiaries and similar, because face it... I don't like having to look junk up on wiki because they couldn't be bothered to add that information into the game.

That information exists, and it is easy to access, all you need is a simple UI that calls upon it. The tools all exist. You could do something like...

IF kills = 0, display ??? as its name and dull the icon out.
IF kills <10, then Display name and kill count only.
IF kills are between 10 and 25, Display name and max health.
IF kills are between 25 and 50, Display name, max health, and defense.
IF kills are 50+, display name, max health, defense, and items dropped.

All of this information is already in-game (including the kill count!), you just need to call upon the name variable, HP variable, etc with a UI template.

It's interesting to see what people think about this. Thank you for your comments.

The less memorization/wiki stuff I gotta do in a game, the better.

That information exists, and it is easy to access, all you need is a simple UI that calls upon it. The tools all exist. You could do something like...

IF kills = 0, display ??? as its name and dull the icon out.
IF kills <10, then Display name and kill count only.
IF kills are between 10 and 25, Display name and max health.
IF kills are between 25 and 50, Display name, max health, and defense.
IF kills are 50+, display name, max health, defense, and items dropped.

All of this information is already in-game (including the kill count!), you just need to call upon the name variable, HP variable, etc with a UI template.

It would be an interesting idea to have more information become available as you kill more of that enemy.

I do like this, it gives me a good reason to kill all creatures in the game. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to go after the lost girl if it is based on banners though,

I do like this, it gives me a good reason to kill all creatures in the game. I feel sorry for anyone who tries to go after the lost girl if it is based on banners though,

Even the referenced game had ultra-rare enemies that were difficult to find, much less kill.

And I think we all know what she drops by now, lol.

Back
Top Bottom