NPCs & Enemies Biome Key Spawn Boss Mimic

vrysk

Terrarian
Currently there is no use for biome keys after opening up their related (single) biome chest in a world (that I know of). I would propose adding a new end game mimic boss that slots in between the golem and the moon lord, summoned if one of these biome keys are placed into a chest (in the same way as the existing mimic spawned from placing a Key of Light/Night into a chest) and the respective biome chest has already been opened. I'm not sure what they should drop apart from the biome chest loot, so suggestions appreciated.

While I support the idea of a mimic boss,
I'm against using biome keys to summon it. It would make summoning the boss prohibitively expensive each time; even with an AFK farm it can take a long time before another biome keys drops.

Though I love the idea, and will always support having more unique content, the current State of the Game is pretty packed!

That being the case, I'd have to ask myself, and others, a few difficult questions.
  1. What main or general purpose would this new Boss serve?
    • is there a current gap in progression that needs to be filled?
    • is there some specific Item or lacking resource(s) this Boss would drop?
    • why Golem <---> Moon Lord Tier, what's particularly important about that particular space in progression?
  2. Like @glider521al explained, Biome Keys are extremely expensive, which means that this Boss would need to be worth the resources spent to summon it! That's a dangerous game to play, especially between Golem <---> Moon Lord [Fishorn, Empress]!
  3. What would make this Boss unique enough to justify taking up game-space? Biome Mimics are already pretty unique, in-fact, most of "the bite" was taken out of their uniqueness, with the ability to summon them at will.
    • should the new Boss play into this Gimmick as well, or should it retain their older, more notorious attributes?
A LOT can go into making something feel meaningful, or making it feel like it "fits". If these questions can be answered, then I fully agree, a Mimic Boss would be a great addition, but the game in it's current state, I don't think it's necessary, unless it comes with other features that change the game pretty significantly.

That being the case, I'd have to ask myself, and others, a few difficult questions.
  1. What main or general purpose would this new Boss serve?
    • is there a current gap in progression that needs to be filled?
    • is there some specific Item or lacking resource(s) this Boss would drop?
    • why Golem <---> Moon Lord Tier, what's particularly important about that particular space in progression?

• For 1, you do have a lot of post plantera and golem weapons that get outclassed the moment you get a lunar event weapon so I think it’s a good place to add in a new boss between the 2 stages. A good portion of play throughs I see skip the hardmode dungeon entirely which is a huge shame with how fun some of the weapons there are in it. That way, people might be encouraged to use the strongest weapons at the time, which are in the HM Dungeon

Back
Top Bottom