Bosses despawn when the target player dies/teleports away, even if there is another player nearby

Daralima

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This is not very common, but it does happen and is very annoying.

Nope, The person left alive was wearing shroomite armor but was moving. Other than that i don't think there was anything affecting agro

Last edited:
I find that usually everything works as intended, unless the multiplayer host is the one who dies, then a boss may despawn. If a different player dies, everything is fine.

Yeah, but its an issue we need info to track down. I've been struggling to reproduce it, but we know its happening, and its been happening to a lot of bosses, which tells me "something changed" and is impacting it. I'm suspecting it could be aggro gear, but its hard to say.

If it helps, in the most recent case it happened with Lunatic cultist. and as far as i know none of us was wearing aggro affecting gear except for shroomite armor, and the boss disappeared when he (the person wearing shroomite) was the only one left. But this has happened once or twice in the early game too, when for sure nobody had aggro affecting gear

Back
Top Bottom