Votes: 6 14.0%
  • place them all in one room, like a gallery

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • place them somewhere nearby as soon as they drop

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • collect them and store them in chests

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Also I think to make em a little more important they could get items in stock if you kill a rare enemy. e.g. Metal Detector for Nymphs, Mining Gear for Undead Miner (Change it to be rarer than it is now and give the mining helmet to the bounter hunter instead of Merchant)

I really agree with this as whenever I get a banner I just ignore it. Maybe instead of actually selling the trophies (I think that makes it too easy to get them) he could collect trophies of the bosses that drop as well.

Or you could make it so that the bounty hunter just steals all the drops from bosses so if you have a full inventory while fighting the boss you can deposit things in a chest and go to him. This is kind of lazy but it would be useful if you have a base where your NPCs are and chests are as well. However, this is a great idea, but I think there is a low chance of this NPC being added especially with Terraria: Otherworld coming around the corner. Maybe someone should make a mod of this?

I really agree with this as whenever I get a banner I just ignore it. Maybe instead of actually selling the trophies (I think that makes it too easy to get them) he could collect trophies of the bosses that drop as well.
Boss trophies are purely for decoration so it's probably fine to make them easy to obtain.

As for the bounty hunter stealing drops... it might be convenient, but I feel like a lot of players would rather stick with the traditional system, in which you hit a boss a bunch of times and it dies and goodies pop out. I'd go as far as to say that this is a fundamental part of Terraria's appeal.

The main appeal of the bounty hunter is that the banner system currently feels out of place, so it makes sense for a separate NPC to handle it.

Boss trophies are purely for decoration so it's probably fine to make them easy to obtain.

As for the bounty hunter stealing drops... it might be convenient, but I feel like a lot of players would rather stick with the traditional system, in which you hit a boss a bunch of times and it dies and goodies pop out. I'd go as far as to say that this is a fundamental part of Terraria's appeal.

The main appeal of the bounty hunter is that the banner system currently feels out of place, so it makes sense for a separate NPC to handle it.

You're probably right, I just put up that idea for all the lazy Terrarians like me...

:)

Or you could make it so that the bounty hunter just steals all the drops from bosses so if you have a full inventory while fighting the boss you can deposit things in a chest and go to him. This is kind of lazy but it would be useful if you have a base where your NPCs are and chests are as well. However, this is a great idea, but I think there is a low chance of this NPC being added especially with Terraria: Otherworld coming around the corner. Maybe someone should make a mod of this?
True, but we have to address what you said. Otherworld around the corner? Highly doubt that. xD

I'm more in favor of having it be 50 of any given enemy than five rare enemies; unfortunately the latter just makes it a fight against RNG, while the former is closer to a grind but definitely more doable in a couple of nights or misc. adventures.

That being said, though - a potentially viable spawn req would be, for added boredom, a certain boss's defeat or a certain number of NPCs.

How about making the slayer kit an accessory? You can place it on the ground, put your five banners in, and then equip it to give you the 50% damage bonus against and 25% damage reduction from the enemies whose banners are in it. I think that make a bit more sense.

Back
Top Bottom