Items Bow with guided arrows

-Melee has the yoyo
-Magic has the magic missle/rainbow rod/flamelash

It's not the first time the concept's been implemented, that's for sure.

-Melee has the yoyo
-Magic has the magic missle/rainbow rod/flamelash

It's not the first time the concept's been implemented, that's for sure.
The difference is huge, both aesthetically and in terms of effectiveness. A Yoyo has a range limit, and as for magic items, they consume mana and are not as fun to use. A bow would have a projectile faster and more powerful than the ones you cited.

it would be necessary to have extremely high damage, like 700 for example
That... That's rather excessively powerful, don't you think? I know we have Shotbows such as the Tsunami with an effective base damage of 300 that also rapid fire, but... Why does a guided projectile need to deal 700 damage? Especially when obtained from a NPC like the Cyborg?

If it's behaving like a Ranged version of Rainbow Rod, then it has its own unique projectile, and then there comes up to the weird point where you may just not want to actually use the guiding properties of it when attacking a large foe, so you just now have a 700 base damage weapon likely outdamaging like.. everything, ever.

Compare the Sniper Rifle, another slow heavy-hitter. It clocks in at 185 base. Not even close. But it's role is pumping a ton of damage into a single shot, so it's fine.

If you make a 700 damage weapon, it needs to either not be a 700 damage weapon, or it needs to be so slow that nobody would really consider using it to begin with as other options will outperform it in both general use and in its niche of having a guided projectile.

I have in mind something that has relative damage. a projectile that the longer it is controlled, the more damage it does. so it wouldn't be an extremely Op item, nor would it be bad. like for example, you want hit an enemy that is close to you. the weapon would do the initial damage, 150 per second, I think it's not bad, anyway. for nearby targets it wouldn't do that much damage. but suppose you want to get it right a target that is far away. the longer that arrow is in the air, the more damage it will do to the enemy. I know that some people disagree with my idea but I would particularly find it quite interesting in the game.
Ps: Google tradutor não é bom

It should be an ammo, because then you can use the ammo with the marrow and magic quiver

Back
Top Bottom