Weapons & Equip Buff End Game Stuffs!

Scribbles782

Spazmatism
Okay, let's just get to the point. Some End-Game weapons/armor/items are pretty underpowered/underwhelming. So here are some things that can be changed to improve the end game!

1. Lunar Portal Staff-
Okay, I have already made a whole post for this, so I will just make this basically a gist of it. It should have 75 Damage and have a bigger angle of fire. It doesn't do nearly a good enough job as an end game sentry. Even the Rainbow Crystal Staff is better at The LUNAR PORTAL STAFF than the LUNAR PORTAL STAFF IS! (Crowd Control). This certainly needs a buff.

2. Stardust Guardian (From Stardust Armor)-
The Stardust Guardian is a TERRIBLE SET BONUS! Here is how it should be improved- Buff the damage from 20-40 damage (which is atrocious) to about 80-100 damage. And I think that it should automatically attack enemies when they come within 10 blocks of the player. And maybe make enemies less likely to target you, for good measure. (And because he is intimidating AF).

3. Celebration-
Yeah, I know. "Oh, It's just a gimmicky weapon to be happy that you beat the game!" BULLSH*T! The Moon Lord ranged drops are terrible One is uncreative and one is just bad. (I'm not gonna talk about the uncreativity of the SDMG because there is a whole thread about that.) But I think that the Celebration should deal at least more damage than the snowman cannon, a weapon like 3 tiers before it! I think that it should be boosted to 76 damage. And sidenote, have you ever been hit by a firework? Seems pretty deadly to me!

4. Nebula Arcanum-
Okay, this isn't THAT bad, but I wanted to include it. It is only good for single targets that move slow! The only reason that I have ever used it is to farm out the Cultist before I got to farm out the Moon Lord. I think that it should have more of an area of effect, Do 75 damage, and Move a lot faster, perhaps about 50-75% faster.

5. Gravity Globe-
Okay, I have been mad about some of these, but the Gravity Globe is BY FAR, the ABSOLUTE WORST OFFENDER! It is a f*cking infinite gravitation potion, but worse! Let me remind you, this is a MOON LORD drop! IN FREAKING EXPERT MODE! By the time you do this, you either have wing that are more useful than this, or you have farms that can get you dozens of gravitation potions in no time! I personally think that they should give this to the Lunatic Cultist and call it a day. But that would be boring, wouldn't it? I think it should have a few things improved- 1. Don't flip the screen when you use it! That is really annoying and gives some people motion sickness! 2. Be able to use it while you are in the air. If you have Solar wings and a decent hook, than this is pointless no matter what you do to it. But if you don't have wings with you and you have this equipped and you accidentally use it, either prepare your hook or prepare for a rough landing. Or just make it get rid of fall damage! OR JUST F*CKING REMOVE IT BECAYSE IT'S :red: NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO WITH IT!

P.S. i can also go on a rant about the Suspicious Looking Tentacle, but it looks pretty cool. And for an expert Moon Lord drop, is 10x better than the Gravity Globe. But I'll just say one thing that they can improve... In the places that there would be sparkles with ores and tuff, just make it function as a short-range spelunker potion! Then I would be content :3

This stuff seems to show up a lot, but the gravity globe has its own story
Sure the gravity globe could be better, but none of the expert mode drops are really that special to begin with (except the demon heart and worm scarf), and it is still more useful than you give it credit for if you use it in conjunction with an ice rod.
The screen flip was a change intended to balance the effect, since it is the most useful potion in the game overall, so reversing gravity would disorient the player or something along those lines. That change made them pretty unusable in my opinion but it doesn't seem like it will be reverted...
Think of it as an added bonus to the suspicious tentacle dropping?

This stuff seems to show up a lot, but the gravity globe has its own story
Sure the gravity globe could be better, but none of the expert mode drops are really that special to begin with (except the demon heart and worm scarf), and it is still more useful than you give it credit for if you use it in conjunction with an ice rod.
The screen flip was a change intended to balance the effect, since it is the most useful potion in the game overall, so reversing gravity would disorient the player or something along those lines. That change made them pretty unusable in my opinion but it doesn't seem like it will be reverted...
Think of it as an added bonus to the suspicious tentacle dropping?
Okay, so you're telling me that to effectively us and expert Moon Lord drop, you would have to spend 40 gold...? And you don't need to "Balance' the effect, it is an EXPERT MOON LORD DROP! It should be OP as hell! And even if it didn't flip the screen, I don't think it would have the versatility of Solar Wings, all it would have is infinite flight, which the Cosmic Car Key ALREADY HAS... WHICH IS LIKE 3-4 TIERS BEFORE THIS... Like, Come on... If you have a Cosmic Car Key, LITERALLY the only point of having this is to get motion sickness and waste 40 gold on something that is pretty much useless in every other aspect than this end-game...

Okay, so you're telling me that to effectively us and expert Moon Lord drop, you would have to spend 40 gold...? And you don't need to "Balance' the effect, it is an EXPERT MOON LORD DROP! It should be OP as hell! And even if it didn't flip the screen, I don't think it would have the versatility of Solar Wings, all it would have is infinite flight, which the Cosmic Car Key ALREADY HAS... WHICH IS LIKE 3-4 TIERS BEFORE THIS... Like, Come on... If you have a Cosmic Car Key, LITERALLY the only point of having this is to get motion sickness and waste 40 gold on something that is pretty much useless in every other aspect than this end-game...

Hey, the ice rod is a great tool, it has all kinds of uses that nothing else can accomplish. A few examples would be how its an infinite source of temporary torches, a platform to build off of, and allows the player to never touch the ground, definitely worth 40-50 gold by itself.
You try comparing the gravity globe to the solar wings, but that is like comparing most expert mode boss drops to the normal mode ones, the majority of the expert mode drops have a very narrow and specific use and are otherwise useless (such as the hive pack, mechanical minecart, skeletron hand, or shiny stone), the gravity globe is no exception to this trend. If any expert mode drop needs a buff its the brain of confusion...
The cosmic car key is fairly slow for being nearly an end-game item, the best use for it being to build, and with the addition of the static hook its infinite flight lost viability for building. The gravity globe still retains its use for building though, and it doesn't come alone, the suspicious tentacle also drops with it which is sort of the magic lantern and wisp combined, so to be honest between the moon lord expert mode specific drops and the cosmic car key the moon lord drops are in most cases the better option.
Also try out the vortex booster or stardust wings, it sounds like you've never used them before... It's possible to go 178 mph with either of them!

Hey, the ice rod is a great tool, it has all kinds of uses that nothing else can accomplish. A few examples would be how its an infinite source of temporary torches, a platform to build off of, and allows the player to never touch the ground, definitely worth 40-50 gold by itself.
You try comparing the gravity globe to the solar wings, but that is like comparing most expert mode boss drops to the normal mode ones, the majority of the expert mode drops have a very narrow and specific use and are otherwise useless (such as the hive pack, mechanical minecart, skeletron hand, or shiny stone), the gravity globe is no exception to this trend. If any expert mode drop needs a buff its the brain of confusion...
The cosmic car key is fairly slow for being nearly an end-game item, the best use for it being to build, and with the addition of the static hook its infinite flight lost viability for building. The gravity globe still retains its use for building though, and it doesn't come alone, the suspicious tentacle also drops with it which is sort of the magic lantern and wisp combined, so to be honest between the moon lord expert mode specific drops and the cosmic car key the moon lord drops are in most cases the better option.
Also try out the vortex booster or stardust wings, it sounds like you've never used them before... It's possible to go 178 mph with either of them!
Well, I still maintain my opinion that the Cosmic Car Key is better than the Gravity Globe because it is gotten so much earlier and is much more versatile and you don'e need and Ice Rod for it to not be pretty much useless. But you did make mostly valid points in your argument, so I will give you that. I have been thinking that the Expert Mode drops weren't that good. But the Shiny Stone is good for some situations... Like if you are AFK farming or doing something where you don't move much, because it does give you pretty insane regeneration. Or in the Pillar Events, you can go in and fight things, and if you start to die, go out where nothing spawns, equip the Shiny Stone, and go back in with full health! But I still think that out of all the bad Expert Drops, the Gravity Globe is still the worst. (Skeletron Hand coming in at a close second because of how OP expert Skeletron is).

I'd be fine with the Gravity Globe if you could use it in mid-air. It should also grant you immunity to fall damage so one could use it in place of wings or other flight accessories, making it easier to decide what to remove for it.

Lunar Portal Staff I'm actually fine with. Rate of fire and the travel speed of the laser could be a bit faster but other than that it can wreck things just fine as-is.

Stardust Guardian I absolutely agree on, though. It's whole job is to pull aggro away from you and it can only do that with scrub weakling monsters you don't care about anyway. I don't care how much damage it does. It could do 1 for all I care, but it needs to have way higher aggro priority, and the aggro-pull needs to WORK ON BOSSES.

Best way to fix that would be to make the Stardust Guardian pull aggro JUST BY EXISTING. Right now, it can only pull aggro from whatever it smacks.

AND THE GUARDIAN NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO BE POSITIONED IN MID-AIR AT ANY LOCATION. ANYWHERE. ANYTIME.

I don't think that's too much to ask.

Back
Top Bottom