Mobile Bug in save (Samsumg Galaxy J4 32gigas)

Sometimes the game does not save automatically when I return to the home menu.
Hi there @Danterios, are you making sure that you are letting the game have enough time to save. Can you describe in detail exactly what’s happening and what steps you’re taking - when and how do you notice that the game is not saving. If you could provide replication steps then it could be looked into, but without many details it’s hard to know what’s happening.

I created a large map in expert mode, by opening the menu with the map open and returning to the home screen using the specific button for it, the game sometimes does not save my progress even with the autosave turned on causing me to lose everything. I did before saving.

I created a large map in expert mode, by opening the menu with the map open and returning to the home screen using the specific button for it, the game sometimes does not save my progress even with the autosave turned on causing me to lose everything. I did before saving.
How are you losing progress? Are you crafting something and it’s in your inventory, but then when you load that character again you don’t have it in your inventory? Or are you building a house in your world, then when you load the world again it’s not there? It’s still hard to tell what’s going on.

Do you have enough storage on your device?

Last edited:
I usually play for several hours but when I quit the autosave sometimes fails and does not save my progress in the world, it returns to its previous state. The character's progress is not lost. I have around 4 gigabytes of free internal memory. Autosave is always enabled in the settings but sometimes does not work.

I usually play for several hours but when I quit the autosave sometimes fails and does not save my progress in the world, it returns to its previous state. The character's progress is not lost. I have around 4 gigabytes of free internal memory. Autosave is always enabled in the settings but sometimes does not work.
You have internal memory, but do you have storage for the file to be saved? Probably so, but it’s something to doublecheck.

When you go into Settings, then Main Menu, does your screen show that the game is saving? Like this...
0AD87F27-ACB8-47B1-9DBD-3A3B65CAD366.png

You may need to think about playing on a different sized world. It can take a lot for a device to run a large Expert world smoothly, and perhaps you might have a better experience if you went with a small world.

I also suggest, if you want to make sure you’re saving your progress, that you save and quit after regular intervals instead of after a couple hours. And be sure to make backups of your players and worlds regularly. Details about that are here:
Terraria Mobile 1.3 Local File Structure, Explained
Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for Android

Yes I have enough memory and the save message sometimes does not appear, I believe the problem is that. I am able to play backup locally but I am reporting this bug to help resolve and improve the game. Thank you for your attention and suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom