Backup/Restore Instructions for Terraria Mobile 1.3 (Android)This guide will use Solid Explorer File Manager and Google Drive - there are alternative file management apps that work fine, and alternative cloud storage services that will also work, but they will not be covered within this guide.
ReLogic, 505 Games and DR Studios do not have any involvement with any of these platforms, and as such will not be able to assist in retrieving any files that are lost or deleted while attempting to backup or restore. Please be careful when moving your game files around!
Backing Up Files
Backing Up Files
1. Install the app "Solid Explorer File Manager" from the Google Play Store. You may use your own native file explorer if you wish but as each system uses it's own different explorer, we've used a third party one to allow for a consistent set of steps for every device.
2. Open up the app and select the drawer button in the top left, which will open the side drawer. From there, select "Internal Memory".
3. Navigate to "Android" > "data" > "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid". You may have to scroll down a bit in the last folder to find "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid" depending on what other apps you have installed.
4. Within this folder, you will find both the "Players" and "Worlds" folders. These contain your Terraria save data. For the rest of the guide, we will be using a world as an example, but backing up players follow exactly the same process, just with the "Player.plr" file instead of "World.wld".
5. Press and hold on the file you want to backup. (You can then tap multiple if you want to backup more than one at once), press the share button and scroll down to "Save to Drive".
6. Now we select where on the drive to upload the file to. Press on the folder option, and create a new folder; "Terraria Mobile Backups". Within that, create a new folder titled "Worlds" (or "Players" if you're backing up a player). Finally, press "select" in the bottom right to select the folder.
7. Now, press "Save" on the dialog. You should get a notification that the file has uploaded, and will see it in your drive if you open the app.
1. Open up Google Drive and navigate to the location you uploaded your files. If you followed the first half of this guide, you will find them at "Terraria Mobile Backups" > "Worlds" / "Players". This guide will follow restoring a world, but restoring a player follows exactly the same process.
2. Press the "Options" button on the world file, and then select download. If you wish to restore multiple worlds, you can select more than one, then press download. You should get a notification to say that your world has been downloaded.
3. Open up the file manager app and select the drawer button in the top left, which will open the side drawer. From there, select "Internal Memory", then "Download".
4. Press and hold on the files you wish to restore, and then press "cut".
5. Navigate back to "Internal Memory" then "Android" > "data" > "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid". You may have to scroll down a bit in the last folder to find "com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid" depending on what other apps you have installed.
6. Navigate into the "Worlds" directory (or "Players" if you're doing a player file), and press paste. Your save has been restored!
Last edited by a moderator: