[Bug] Unable to reply to some threads

Athrisir

Terrarian
Sorry if there's a specific way I submit these or if this is the wrong section!

Anyways, I have an issue where I cannot reply to some threads on a mobile device. There is no text box, and quoting a message or clicking "More Option" gives me an "unspecified error". Is there a fix for this? I have tried multiple browsers, clearing my cache, and relogging, and none of these have done anything.

Here's what it looks like:
IMG_1264.PNG

It's in a very annoying thread to be locked out of as well, as it is a roleplay that I help run.

752f4f9862.jpg

It's because your battery is low. (I'm joking :p)

I have no idea; both I and @Aurora3500 could start a reply in that thread from our Android phones. Obviously you have permission to post and reply there. The error message gives no clues. It sounds like you've tried most of the things I would have suggested.

Very rarely, we've run into similar issues where one of us can't do something to a thread/post that we should be able to, but others aren't affected. Since it can't be replicated, it's hard to find a fix because we really don't know what's wrong. This kind of sounds like one of those glitchy things.

Last edited:
The only advice I can offer that Tunnel King hasn't already given is to possibly clear your cache and/or cookies; and make sure the browser app is up to date. Mobile browsing is always finicky regardless of the site, so your mileage may vary.

Sorry if there's a specific way I submit these or if this is the wrong section!

Anyways, I have an issue where I cannot reply to some threads on a mobile device. There is no text box, and quoting a message or clicking "More Option" gives me an "unspecified error". Is there a fix for this? I have tried multiple browsers, clearing my cache, and relogging, and none of these have done anything.

Here's what it looks like:
View attachment 189536
It's in a very annoying thread to be locked out of as well, as it is a roleplay that I help run.
Giga, from my iPhone, I can see what you're saying. There is no reply box to type into. Tunnel King and Aurora are on Androids, so it might be something related to iOS specifically.

If I'm on the last page then I do see a text box. However, if I'm on any other page I don't see a text box. In your screenshot you are on the last page though (perhaps a refresh might've popped up a box? not sure). And for me, if I hit Reply on someone's post I can get a text box to appear, even if there wasn't one.

So I do see what you're talking about. I was able to get a few workarounds going. See if they work for you. Sorry there's not better news.

I have iPhone and can reply to that thread and see the box on every page.

However, I have had a similar issue in the past. You should try clearing your "history and website data" on your browser (likely Safari) in the settings app. log back into TCF and be sure that "remember me" is checked. I think it has to do with logging you out from memory on certain pages. This has fixed it for me in the past. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom