tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,149 19.7%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,380 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,532 26.2%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 420 7.2%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 365 6.2%

• Total voters
I didn't realize how old this mod truly was.
Will you (or your team) be making this mod available in the Steam workshop? I would love to see this working in 1.14 if it isn't already.
Oh and sorry for commenting on such an old thread, I just felt that I had to ask.

Blaine

Skeletron
I didn't realize how old this mod truly was.
Will you (or your team) be making this mod available in the Steam workshop? I would love to see this working in 1.14 if it isn't already.
Oh and sorry for commenting on such an old thread, I just felt that I had to ask.
That won't ever happen directly.

Calamity Mod is dependent on tModLoader, and tModLoader will (still) be a long time updating to Terraria's latest version, 1.4.2.3, which made a lot of all-encompassing technical and mechanical changes to the game. Once that happens, Calamity will probably be updated to work with that latest version of tModLoader—which will take even more time, because there are new mechanics and items that will have to be incorporated into Calamity properly.

I say "probably" because it's possible that, by the time tModLoader updates to Journey's End, Calamity's developers won't want to put in the effort to mesh everything together. They might either prefer to continue working on their own next update, or may be done spending their free time on the mod.

I'd encourage you to download tModLoader from Steam and play Calamity that way. There are mods offered by tModLoader's own mod browser that add some of the QoL features from Journey's End (auto doors, a bestiary, etc.), and much more besides. Personally I find that tModLoader mods such as Calamity, Thorium, and Fargo's add far more and better content to Terraria than Journey's End has. You'll be getting much more than you stand to lose.

Bearded_DooD

Terrarian
Hey @Fabsol i know u guys are super busy with upcoming release, is there any chance we can get a auto platform builder? I dont remember which mod i use to play (one of the great ones for sure) and there were this item that u could created that would build a platform or track line all the way from side to side map.

If its super hard to implement than guys forget about the question, i just dont like wasting my time on building those super long platforms and such item would be a god sent....

Ahndrek Li'Cyri

Skeletron Prime
Hey there.
It seems that something is broken with the Music mod, as it refuses to download and causes tModLoader to throw out this nasty looking error:
Code:
[17:20:33] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/CalamityModMusic.tmod&tls12=y
[17:20:33] [11/ERROR] [tML]: There was a problem downloading the mod Calamity Mod Music
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__1(Task`1 t)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ContinuationResultTaskFromResultTask`2.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at Terraria.ModLoader.UI.DownloadManager.DownloadFile.<>c__DisplayClass21_0.<Download>b__1(Task`1 t)
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---
<---
Looks like whatever server the file(s) are hosted on is unreachable or something, but other mods download fine so, might be a issue with the Music mod itself?
In any case, hopefully it gets fixed soon!

NightSkye

Terrarian
Hey there.
It seems that something is broken with the Music mod, as it refuses to download and causes tModLoader to throw out this nasty looking error:
Code:
[17:20:33] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Web Request: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/download.php?Down=mods/CalamityModMusic.tmod&tls12=y
[17:20:33] [11/ERROR] [tML]: There was a problem downloading the mod Calamity Mod Music
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)<---
<---
Looks like whatever server the file(s) are hosted on is unreachable or something, but other mods download fine so, might be a issue with the Music mod itself?
In any case, hopefully it gets fixed soon!
You can try downloading it manually from page 1

erictme

Terrarian
I cannot download the music mod for some reason and cant find a working fix. any ideas? i tried uninstalling all calamity related mods, restarting both tmodloader and my computer, and it still wont download.

I don’t really think saying the same thing multiple times is gonna do anything.

If you all wanna be productive, I suggest checking other sources along with this one. My friend has a screenshot of a moderator on the discord saying that this issue is being worked on, and that it should be fixed soon.

Here ya go.

1637189476191.png

T.A.

Terrarian
Hi hi dev! It seems my friend cannot find Calamity Mod (No Music) on the tmodloader mod browser but I can (x64 btw)! Is there any fix for it? Thanks~

Asbet

Terrarian
I have a bug, I'm sorry if someone already posted this but I'm new to forums and have 0 clue how they work. Anywhoo the bug is with the Rare Elemental in a Bottle. The elemental's healing projectile just goes straight up a couple blocks, and stops, where as before it would chase the player. This is new as of the most recent update. Also, not sure if its related or intended but the projectile heals for much less than it used to.
After a few days: Seems someone has brought this up and looks to be an intentional change.. That's disappointing to hear. :(

Last edited:

mrs-d

Terrarian
hola buenos dias tarde o noche quiero documentar un error que creo que soy el único que lo experimenta pero lo que pasa es.
que trato de descargar el mod calamity la musica pero no me carga trato de descargar eso pero me vuela de regreso y trato de descargarlo manualmente [descárgalo con el enlace que dejo]
bueno lo hago y el tmodloader me lo lee como la versión anterior [1.4.3 creo] si alguien conoce este error y lo ha resuelto por favor dímelo

: [

Fadein8466

Plantera
hola buenos dias tarde o noche quiero documentar un error que creo que soy el único que lo experimenta pero lo que pasa es.
que trato de descargar el mod calamity la musica pero no me carga trato de descargar eso pero me vuela de regreso y trato de descargarlo manualmente [descárgalo con el enlace que dejo]
bueno lo hago y el tmodloader me lo lee como la versión anterior [1.4.3 creo] si alguien conoce este error y lo ha resuelto por favor dímelo

: [
intente volver a la versión anterior y ver si funciona

Gurkos

Terrarian
Hello, me and a buddy played Calamity in the past and had no problems, but since the update we have the infamous Terraria teleporting/rubberbanding enemies problem.
Bosses that move fast and bend, like all the worm like bosses, change their bodies direction by 180 degrees instantly sometimes while other bosses just telefrag into you.
We went through pretty much everything we could find on the internet, our specs are easily good enough for anything Calamity has to offer. And as I said, it worked fine on the previous version.
So does anyone else suddenly experience problems in the new version?
When I play singleplayer those problems don't exist. So it has to be multiplayer related, maybe some sync issue. But even the host experiences the same issue.
No matter who hosts, even if we rent a dedicated server, nothing works.

Thanks for all suggestions in advance.

Doodles

Torch God
Hello, me and a buddy played Calamity in the past and had no problems, but since the update we have the infamous Terraria teleporting/rubberbanding enemies problem.
Bosses that move fast and bend, like all the worm like bosses, change their bodies direction by 180 degrees instantly sometimes while other bosses just telefrag into you.
We went through pretty much everything we could find on the internet, our specs are easily good enough for anything Calamity has to offer. And as I said, it worked fine on the previous version.
So does anyone else suddenly experience problems in the new version?
When I play singleplayer those problems don't exist. So it has to be multiplayer related, maybe some sync issue. But even the host experiences the same issue.
No matter who hosts, even if we rent a dedicated server, nothing works.

Thanks for all suggestions in advance.
I dont know, but a good fix for this that I've found works is to enable frame skip.

Gurkos

Terrarian
I dont know, but a good fix for this that I've found works is to enable frame skip.
Enabling frame skip doesn't do anything for us.
Pretty sure frame skip only does something if your PC is having issues with the game. But as I said, both our PCs are far above what you would need for Calamity to run smoothly.

By the way, what I didn't mention. Everything else is 100% smooth and lag free. Regarding movement, input, placement, picking stuff up etc.
It's only teleporting bosses that are messed up.

Thanks for the try anyways.

Top Bottom