Xbox One Can’t connect or host multiplayer lobby Xbox 1.3

L1LredGHOST

Terrarian
Can someone help me please? Me and my friends are trying to experience the awesomeness of 1.3 but can’t even get in a lobby with one another. We tried invites from both the Xbox party, and the in game invite from the guide head in the inventory and still nothing. It keeps saying connecting for about a minute and a half only to say the connection failed, try again later.

Can someone help me please? Me and my friends are trying to experience the awesomeness of 1.3 but can’t even get in a lobby with one another. We tried invites from both the Xbox party, and the in game invite from the guide head in the inventory and still nothing. It keeps saying connecting for about a minute and a half only to say the connection failed, try again later.
Hi there @L1LredGHOST, it sounds like what you're doing should be working. I don't have any magical solution, just a couple more things to try (that you might have already tried) - are you using legacy worlds? Perhaps try changing it up and start a new world with new characters. Just to see if that would work. And if one of you have been hosting, have the other one try. Again, these might be things you've already tried. Hopefully if someone else has had the same problem, they can chime in with what worked for them.

Also, please be aware that there is a known bug where your world can be overwritten by your friend's world. See the workaround here (and spread the word): Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

Hi there @L1LredGHOST, it sounds like what you're doing should be working. I don't have any magical solution, just a couple more things to try (that you might have already tried) - are you using legacy worlds? Perhaps try changing it up and start a new world with new characters. Just to see if that would work. And if one of you have been hosting, have the other one try. Again, these might be things you've already tried. Hopefully if someone else has had the same problem, they can chime in with what worked for them.

Also, please be aware that there is a known bug where your world can be overwritten by your friend's world. See the workaround here (and spread the word): Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ
Yeah tried all those already and none of them worked. Heck we all even uninstalled the game to see if that would do anything but that didn’t seem to work either. I really hope someone can post what they did to get it to work as well, because until then we can’t even enjoy the update we’ve been waiting more than half a year for. Also something to mention, whenever we use the join feature from the multiplayer section of the main menu all of the lobby boxes are filled with 3 dots in the bottom left corner for about 5 seconds then the screen goes completely blank. Not sure if that’s a bug everyone is experiencing or just us, but I did want to mention it.

Yeah tried all those already and none of them worked. Heck we all even uninstalled the game to see if that would do anything but that didn’t seem to work either. I really hope someone can post what they did to get it to work as well, because until then we can’t even enjoy the update we’ve been waiting more than half a year for. Also something to mention, whenever we use the join feature from the multiplayer section of the main menu all of the lobby boxes are filled with 3 dots in the bottom left corner for about 5 seconds then the screen goes completely blank. Not sure if that’s a bug everyone is experiencing or just us, but I did want to mention it.
Yeah, I figured you had tried everything, sorry to hear nothing is working. I do know that there have been lots of people playing multiplayer though, so I'm curious what the issue could be for you guys. If I see anything that might troubleshoot your problem I'll update you.

Yeah, I figured you had tried everything, sorry to hear nothing is working. I do know that there have been lots of people playing multiplayer though, so I'm curious what the issue could be for you guys. If I see anything that might troubleshoot your problem I'll update you.
I’m having the same exact problem did you figure it out?

What NAT Type do you have? (see Settings->Network settings)
20180526_101014-800.jpg

The only way I've found to connect to a friends game so far has been to go into the Xbox dashboard, got to their profile adn go to the "Join Game" option.

Back
Top Bottom