Weapons & Equip Cannonball Cannon

DatPedro

Skeletron
HEY, YOU!
YOU HAVE CANNONBALLS?
YOU HAVE NO USE FOR THEM?
SO CALL 55-
*ahem*

Well, after realizing my inv was full of cannonballs without use, i decide to make this.

upload_2016-10-10_9-4-57.png

Cannonball Cannon
20 Damage
5 Knockback
6% Critical Chance
20 Use time
15 Velocity
Sold by pirate for 50 gold

The special mechanic is that it shoots 1 ball that divides into 3 pellets when hit something.

That's about it

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-10_8-59-4.png
    upload_2016-10-10_8-59-4.png
    668 bytes · Views: 110
Last edited:
It's stationary, no?
Well. That sounds fitting enough for me. I don't see any other reason to use cannonballs. When there are already several other weapons having an specific exclusive ammo.

I don't get that you're describing them as useless though the cannon is rather really powerful if used well.

So basically a Stynger with a larger projectile? No thank you.

Also, your sprite has a white background, just saying.

The big flaw: The damage. 350 damage for early hardmode. A portable ranged weapon that does the most damage in the game (Perhaps not DPS wise, I believe that still goes to the Last Prism, but that's Post-Moon lord and is mage) that could probably beat the moon lord extremely easily.

The Use Time is Very Fast, which makes this even more OP, and excuse me if I'm wrong, but I believe that velocity makes this equivelent of a gun or rocket, which means it goes in a straight line, which just adds to the OP-ness of this weapon.

While, I agree the cannonballs could use some more use, this requires some major tweaking before it's suitable for a weapon.

Well. That sounds fitting enough for me. I don't see any other reason to use cannonballs. When there are already several other weapons having an specific exclusive ammo.

I don't get that you're describing them as useless though the cannon is rather really powerful if used well.
Stationaries are too non-practical -d
[doublepost=1476117875,1476117806][/doublepost]

The big flaw: The damage. 350 damage for early hardmode. A portable ranged weapon that does the most damage in the game (Perhaps not DPS wise, I believe that still goes to the Last Prism, but that's Post-Moon lord and is mage) that could probably beat the moon lord extremely easily.

The Use Time is Very Fast, which makes this even more OP, and excuse me if I'm wrong, but I believe that velocity makes this equivelent of a gun or rocket, which means it goes in a straight line, which just adds to the OP-ness of this weapon.

While, I agree the cannonballs could use some more use, this requires some major tweaking before it's suitable for a weapon.
Nerfed

Stationaries are very situational. It's understandable if you can't find any fitting situation for it. But the infinite pierce is something preferable for me.

Stationaries are too non-practical -d
[doublepost=1476117875,1476117806][/doublepost]
Nerfed
325 damage now. Velocity stays the same (I think, due to it not changing above 12, but don't quote me here.) Same issues.

I think the velocity suits a cannonball being launched, Just nerf the Speed, as you would have to reload per shot, and make the damage 310.

HEY, YOU!
YOU HAVE CANNONBALLS?
YOU HAVE NO USE FOR THEM?
SO CALL 55-
*ahem*

Well, after realizing my inv was full of cannonballs without use, i decide to make this.

View attachment 143465
Cannonball Cannon
20 Damage
5 Knockback
6% Critical Chance
20 Use time
15 Velocity
Sold by pirate for 50 gold

The special mechanic is that it shoots 1 ball that divides into 3 pellets when hit something.

That's about it
Cannonball Cannon.png
I removed the white border for you

You should increase the damage, as 20 Damage is too low at that point, as the Phoenix Blaster can deal more damage per shot more quickly.
You should make it an early rocket-like weapon, with high damage and use time, but slow, arcing projectiles (In other words, a weaker Grenade Launcher).

You should increase the damage, as 20 Damage is too low at that point, as the Phoenix Blaster can deal more damage per shot more quickly.
You should make it an early rocket-like weapon, with high damage and use time, but slow, arcing projectiles (In other words, a weaker Grenade Launcher).
You forget that the cannon does 300 damage, so that 20 damage is actually 320 damage.

Back
Top Bottom