Xbox One can't change spawn point

g1ngernutbust3r

Terrarian
I've just started a new map because strange things started to happen on the last world........I've found an amazing place for a base and I've already spent a few hours building before I decided to place a bed and change my spawn......it hasn't let me interact with any bed I have placed, I've tried out in the open, in a house, in an npcs house and I've tried multiple styles of beds and I'm still unable to change my spawn

other bugs:
when fast crafting any item it will instantly stop crafting when it reaches full speed and the items I want to craft in the menu disappear, I have to close the chest and reopen it to craft the same item again.

when using a sword I will get stuck in the position I was facing when I first started to swing and it wont let me change my direction again until I've stopped swinging for at least 5 secs

That's odd, changing spawn works fine for me. Are you certain the room where the bed is placed is a valid room? It doesn't have to be NPC livable, you can omit light source or table, and it can be corrupted. To change spawn just hilight the bed and press B.

Crafting menu: Yeah it's a bit busted right now. Several people have complained about that and I think that the developers are aware of it. Still, it might be a good idea to report it using their bug reporting form (their preferred method): https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Swinging a sword: Many swords intentionally block changing which way the player is facing while swinging, but if you stop swinging it should be possible to turn around immediately. I don't have this issue, but it might depend on the sword. Which sword are you using?

I have done everything possible to change the spawn , I have built houses just for the spawn point and it's still refusing to place it.......thank you for your answers with the rest of my questions it has helped me out alot and I will stop stressing when it happens again lol

Hmm, the only reason I can think of why it doesn't work is that you are using invalid background walls for your house. The background walls need to be player placed (except for the sky island houses) and you can't use Sail or Iron Fence for background wall.

Here's one of my little outposts. Changing spawn works fine even though there's just a bed in a small room with corruption nearby.
2018-11-16_19-19-41-0q20lmza.png

I've done everything right and I'm still unable to set a new spawn........looks like another new map for me
I’m coming in late on this, but if you can post a screenshot of the housing and beds that aren’t allowing you to set spawn that may help. When was the last time you were able to set a new spawn?

Sorry for the double post everyone, but if @g1ngernutbust3r or anyone else experiencing this issue comes by, I wanted to ask if the character that you're using that can't set a spawn point at a bed is a hardcore character (once the character dies it dies permanently and does not respawn, but becomes a ghost).

I've seen from another player that this may be the problem and wanted to see if this was the case for g1ngernutbust3r.

That's an interesting theory @Unit One, but I don't think that's it. Or there's more to it. I made a hardcore character (on Xbox One) and tried interacting with a few beds, which worked fine altough with an anomaly; everytime I activated a bed it would say "Spawn point set!". It should have alternated with a "Spawn point removed!". So something is not right with hardcore characters and beds.

If @g1ngernutbust3r comes back, we may know for certain if this theory is valid or not.

EDIT: I tested my hardcore character a bit more after the update that came out a short while ago, and it turns out that setting the spawn point by activating a bed doesn't work. You do get a "Spawn point set!" message, but when using a magic mirror or save and reload, you end up not at your bed but at world spawn.

So your theory is valid; beds are broken for hardcore characters.

Attachments

• Bed-Hardcore.png
    Bed-Hardcore.png
    838.2 KB · Views: 826
  • Bed-Softcore.png
    Bed-Softcore.png
    910.3 KB · Views: 762
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom