Mobile Can't find the Scaly Truffle?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evanforest62

Official Terrarian
Hey everyone, today I've been trying to get the scaly truffle so I can summon the Pigron mount which I really like to have. I went into my underground snow biome (cavern layer) and have used the clentaminator to spread the corruption first, when that didn't work I spread the hallow after. Unfortunately, I have been fishing for it for nearly 2 hours and still haven't gotten it yet. I don't see pigron enemies spawn though, which is unusual... I read on the wiki you need 50% fishing power for a 1:100 chance or 100% fishing power for a 1:50 chance. I am using a golden fishing rod, fishing potions, and sonar potions. I have gotten half a dozen golden crates and even a zephyr fish. I don't get it, am I doing something wrong and am I just extremely unlucky? Also someone tell me how I can get 100% fishing power to increase my chances of getting the scaly truffle. I'm playing on IOS mobile btw.

Credit to: Terraria wiki Gamepedia
Scaly_Truffle_fishing_area.png

Highlighted area is where Fishing can yield a Scaly Truffle (Snow+Cavern+Crimson/Corruption/Hallow -- Crimson in this case).

A picture of map for where you fish will be very helpfull.
1) Lake size > 300 tiles?
2) Natural Snow+Cavern+Crimson or Corruption or Hallow ? * Look carefully 2 types of Biome And Dept Level of Cavern.

Last edited:
You can also try making an artificial snow + corruption/crimson/hallow biome in the cavern layer. I've seen others mention that it works in mobile for the scaly truffle based on answers in this thread: Scaly Truffle cavern?

Upping your Fishing Power:
  • +10% Full Moon (one easy way to tell if it's a full moon, the Painter will sell the painting "First Encounter" only on Full Moon and Waning Gibbous phase (+5% Fishing Power)
  • +30% 4:30-6:00am
  • +30% 6:00-7:30pm
  • +20% Rain (+10% Cloudy/Overcast)
  • +10% Angler Earring
  • +15% Full Angler Armor (+5% for each of the three pieces)
  • Make sure your water is 300 tiles or more. Otherwise you receive a negative fishing power penalty.
So if you used a Golden Fishing Rod +50, drank a Fishing Potion +15, wore both the Angler Earring +10 and the full Angler Armor +15 while fishing during a Full Moon +10 and Rain +20 at 4:30am +30 you would have a Fishing Power of 150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom