Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
It seems to be impossible to replace planter boxes without mining them first, it does not matter if anything is planted on them or not.
I would expect that the new replacement functionality that even works for chest would also extend to planter boxes.

I think chests are a special case, due to the drudgery of emptying, replacing, and filling them. Other than chests, only blocks of material (stone, dirt, ore, et cetera) work with the replacement feature.

Still, it would be nice to be able toreplace the planter boxes while keeping the plants intact, since you get more and more box types the further you progress.

I can find no objection to it, if the devs were to do so.

One fact about the planter boxes isn't obvious — though they're named for the various herbs, you can plant any herb in any box and it will grow fine. Go figure.

I know, that is what I'm doing at the moment, having everything in the blinkroot planters. However, I would like to upgrade them to the appropriate planters later on when I can buy them from the dryad.

This is not a bug, only certain tiles can be Block Swapped. It takes a substantial amount of time to add new tiles to the system, and while the idea of adding new tiles is feasible for future consideration, this is currently working as intended.

Back
Top Bottom