Mobile Can't use character data

Wolf653

Terrarian
So um i can"t access my character's file that i backed up to google drive which had alot of progress on it cause i started using it rather then the local is there a reason why i can't use that character and how do i get it back

So um i can"t access my character's file that i backed up to google drive which had alot of progress on it cause i started using it rather then the local is there a reason why i can't use that character and how do i get it back
Hi there @Wolf653, if you backed up your character to the cloud within the game (explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions) and aren’t able to see it on the menu, there are a couple things you can try.
  • Make sure that you are logged in to the same cloud id. It's something that is simple, but that can be overlooked easily. Just doublecheck.
  • Log out of google drive, then log back in.
  • In the game, go to the screen that should have your cloud save slots, if they aren’t there, go back to the main menu, then go to the cloud screen again. Do this slowly, don’t move fast through the menus. And let it sit on the screen where it should show you your saves for awhile before going back to main menu. Sometimes going back and forth can pop them to come up. But go slowly.
  • And if that doesn’t work, here’s one last thing to try...Please be careful with this option.
    1. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
    2. Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
    3. And then Manage Versions.
    4. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
    5. Remove the most recent version if it shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
    6. If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well.
    7. Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.

Hi there @Wolf653, if you backed up your character to the cloud within the game (explained here: Mobile Backup Instructions) and aren’t able to see it on the menu, there are a couple things you can try.
  • Make sure that you are logged in to the same cloud id. It's something that is simple, but that can be overlooked easily. Just doublecheck.
  • Log out of google drive, then log back in.
  • In the game, go to the screen that should have your cloud save slots, if they aren’t there, go back to the main menu, then go to the cloud screen again. Do this slowly, don’t move fast through the menus. And let it sit on the screen where it should show you your saves for awhile before going back to main menu. Sometimes going back and forth can pop them to come up. But go slowly.
  • And if that doesn’t work, here’s one last thing to try...Please be careful with this option.
    1. Log into your Google Drive from a computer, and find the Terraria cloud save files.
    2. Select a file, right click and choose View More Options.
    3. And then Manage Versions.
    4. Hopefully it will pop up a list showing all the recent versions of that file.
    5. Remove the most recent version if it shows 0.0 kb (delete it or move it to your desktop).
    6. If the next most recent version also shows 0.0 kb, remove that as well.
    7. Restart your Terraria on your device, give it plenty of time to find the cloud saves.
So far none of the methods worked

So far none of the methods worked
Sorry to hear that Wolf. The cloud saves can be temperamental. I haven't had much troubles with cloud saves, but have seen other players say they've had issues.

Do you not see your character at all on the menu screen?

Sorry to hear that Wolf. The cloud saves can be temperamental. I haven't had much troubles with cloud saves, but have seen other players say they've had issues.

Do you not see your character at all on the menu screen?
Nope

If the trick with looking them up on a computer’s Google Drive didn’t work, I’m sorry to say I’m out of ideas. You can open a support ticket with 505 Games to see if they have any additional help for your issue. I think they may just say that they’re working on a new update and to wait for that though, but it’s worth a shot. If you do get it resolved, it’d be helpful if you came back to let us know what worked. Here is 505 Games’ support portal: https://support.505games.com/en/support/home

Back
Top Bottom