Items Cart/Carriage furniture item for Traveling Merchant's specific spawn/arrival (with merchant biome variation)

emz111

Terrarian
A new placeable cart/carriage furniture item where travelling merchant spawns/arrives

n1.png

• Placing more than one cart will spawn only one traveling merchant randomly in a day of the world over a random cart/carriage placed in total.
  • Same random spawn system and he can still freely walk.
  • Spawning/arriving of traveling merchant in a different biome will sell same merchant items but has a specific mechanic (Maybe has different costume like a gypsy in hallow or pirate in ocean see list below).
    • Gypsy (Hallow) - Has a "Fortune telling" action which gives you a reading and grants a random buff or curse for 24 hrs.
    • n4.png
    • Pirate (Ocean) - Can barter for an item instead of coins like old shoes or excess items like heart crystals.
    • n2.png
    • Druid (Jungle) - Helps you transform into a creature(Werewolf, Merfolk, Harpy, Fish) indefinitely for a price. Ends transformation when merchant departs.
    • n3.png
And also players can decorate the place around the cart/carriage like a dock or camping ground.​

Last edited:
This is extremely modded feeling. The purpose of this is to make the Traveling Merchant more consistent, right? Why are we giving him new abilities?

This is extremely modded feeling. The purpose of this is to make the Traveling Merchant more consistent, right? Why are we giving him new abilities?
The biome specific traveling merchants doesn't have to be an ability or dramatic changes but a slight variation of the merchant that adds flavor to its current convenience. But the initial purpose I created this thread is to have the merchant a specific spawn position for creativity purposes. Given that we can place him now in a different biome would be nice if we can take advantage of it. The carts are just placeholder waiting for the merchant to come visit.

Last edited:
I actually like the "Shopping Cart" separate from everything else.

I can imagine that thing appearing on-top of the roof of my house [where he usually spawns].

I actually like the "Shopping Cart" separate from everything else.

I can imagine that thing appearing on-top of the roof of my house [where he usually spawns].
The biome merchant variant is a bit overboard hehe. I initially just needed the cart where I can expect him to spawn like in the bay area or next to my garden.

The biome merchant variant is a bit overboard hehe. I initially just needed the cart where I can expect him to spawn like in the bay area or next to my garden.
I like the cart placement idea a lot. Kind of like setting up a booth for him to sell in.

I’ve also kind of always liked the idea of a food truck type merchant that specifically sells random food items and ingredients.

Would be good if you place in a graveyard or cavern it increases the chance of the skeleton merchant showing up there instead of a random location and the game notifying you that he is in the area.

Maybe that’s the answer to the different biomes? Cart in different biomes attracts a different type of wandering merchant? It’s not like there is anything crazy OP that they sell on a regular basis.

I like the cart idea. Basically the merchant version of a house, rather than him showing up near any npc randomly, such as a sky island....

The biome variants though do feel very modded and unnecessary

Back
Top Bottom