Other Change needed if Post-Moon Lord Content is added

Acamaeda

Terrarian
This is as much a suggestion to the developers as it is to people suggesting Post-Moon Lord stuff.

Right now, a whole tier of progression is based entirely on Moon Lord drops. The armor and many of weapons outclass everything else in the game. The problem is that if this goes from optional post-game content to just another tier of progression, it will mean that everyone will have to fight the Moon Lord multiple times to get the armor and (for most classes) weapons for whatever comes next, or suffer the consequences of being underequipped.

There is never any other part of the game where fighting a boss multiple times is the only viable way to progress for all classes. For a couple of classes, this kind of happens, but it's a choice what class you play.

The solution would be to have Moon Lord-tier gear become available in other areas after his defeat, which is balanced to be doable with pre-Moon Lord gear. This could be stuff that the Moon Lord currently drops, new things, or a combination. Having another way to acquire Luminite post-Moon Lord would also be a great help. This is all sort of like how early Hardmode gear is balanced to be obtainable with pre-Hardmode gear, even though Wall of Flesh drops can be a great help. Having many different ways to progress is a huge part of Terraria, and losing that would hurt it a lot.

Tl;dr You should be able to get Moon Lord-level gear in other (still challenging) ways after beating the Moon Lord so you don't always have to fight him repeatedly to progress.

There will be no post-Moonlord content. Ever.
Depends on how you look at it. Bosses, ya none of those. Biomes and enimies, probably not. But there is totally equipment.

I like the suggestion, I think it would go in nicely with the game even without some hardmode 2 post moonlord. Maybe just a miniboss for each biome.

Depends on how you look at it. Bosses, ya none of those. Biomes and enimies, probably not. But there is totally equipment.

I like the suggestion, I think it would go in nicely with the game even without some hardmode 2 post moonlord. Maybe just a miniboss for each biome.
Nothing. Absolutely nothing at all.

We already have moonlord drops and the portal gun station *moonwalks victoriously*
You know perfectly well that is Moonlord-tier content.
[doublepost=1537920586,1537920553][/doublepost]
Can you chill a bit? The point is that if something comes after the Moon Lord, they need to keep this in mind, as should anyone suggesting post-Moon Lord stuff.
I'm perfectly calm. Just know that there will never be any kind of post-Moon content. It's been made abundantly clear by developers.

I'd really like to see a post Moon Lord biome. Maybe a post Moon Lord event or a superboss (or both). It really feels like we need something to try our endgame armor and weapons against.

Just know that there will never be any kind of post-Moon content. It's been made abundantly clear by developers.
You can't know that with absolute certainty. All we know is that this was their honest intention at the time 1.3 was released. Just as it was their honest intention to have us fight the Moon as a final boss but then they changed their minds and we got the Moon Lord. Or how they said repeatedly said that they weren't going to add Cthulhu to the game but then, once again, the Moon Lord.

Pretty sure that change will eventually happen if there's gonna be something beyond Moon Lord. Since they've changed the Hallowed Gear from 1.1 too.

You know perfectly well that is Moonlord-tier content.
[doublepost=1537920586,1537920553][/doublepost]
I'm perfectly calm. Just know that there will never be any kind of post-Moon content. It's been made abundantly clear by developers.

I wouldn't say no.
Remember the Celebration MKII they've showed off in one of the spoilers? It's a own weapon crafted with Celebration, which is a moon lord drop, so techincally, the MKII is a post-moon lord weapon. (At least I think so.)

And the weapons dropped from the Moon Lord are also post-moon lord, if you think about it.

So there is Post-Moon Lord content.

I wouldn't say no.
Remember the Celebration MKII they've showed off in one of the spoilers? It's a own weapon crafted with Celebration, which is a moon lord drop, so techincally, the MKII is a post-moon lord weapon. (At least I think so.)

And the weapons dropped from the Moon Lord are also post-moon lord, if you think about it.

So there is Post-Moon Lord content.
There's no garuntee of that. It might just have been buffeed.

Back
Top Bottom